single player game?

Started by draco454, May 02, 2020, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draco454

Hi everyone, my son purchased this  game  for  me  for  my birthday, and  he  has  asked  if  this is a  multi player  game, meaning would we  be  able  to play online together. But I see  this  as  a  single  player scenario. Perhaps I should advise  him to get a  copy of  the  game for himself, and  we  can discuss our  mutual development of  our own gameplay?
Thx in advance for  your thoughts  on this

Lexa

the game is single but there is a multiplayer mod. id definitely advise him to buy a copy for both you and him.

Bozobub

Note:  All players must have the *exact* same mod setup for the MP mod to work properly.  Additionally, please remember that there's no official MP yet (although that may be incoming) so Bugs Will HappenTM; mods are rarely as stable an environment as the "vanilla" game in general, barring some games' unofficial bugfixes (such as for every one of the Bethesda RPGs).

If you need help, General Discussion is fine but you'll probably get better/faster help under the MP mod's thread in the Mods subforum here or in the comments on the Workshop, if you use Steam.

If you use Steam, especially since MP games tend to take a LOT longer to play through, you definitely should get Fluffy's Mod Manager, here or on Steam.  It lets you back up your mods to a local folder, thus letting you roll back to a previous version after an update (of either your mods OR the base game) to complete a game w/o undue fuss.  Otherwise, after *anything* updates, you'll be in a pickle til everything else updates, as well.  And that's IF they do; mod authors come and go, and mods inevitably fall to the wayside, over time.
Thanks, belgord!