Nutrient paste dispenser priority food

Started by JaJe, April 15, 2020, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaJe

I think it's better posting on BUGS thread this.

I have 2 hoppers filled with vegetables and meat as the image below:

The nutrient paste uses only vegetables as raw food and using meat only after the hopper with vegetable is empty. Nothing wrong with this except that many times the amount of let's say, tomato (modded food) are the last amount of raw vegetable I have but I have other type of raw food to fill. Many times it consumes food so I only have left around 1-2 items per hopper, not having enough nutrients for another meal.

To avoid this I suggest forcing nutrient paste prioritize consuming raw food with least amount first.
69 Tomatos, 4 Meat --> 67 Tomatos, 0 meat. So my pawn can automatically fill the empty hopper with another type of meat or vegetable.

The same thing happens if I have 3 hoppers, Once I got 1 hopper with 1 potato, another hopper with 2 meat and last one with 1 rice and I had to manually remove the item from the hopper and fill with another type to continue the distribution of food.

In my case, 69 Tomato and 4 Meat it's gonna be a problem once it consumes all tomatos just to have only 3 tomatos left which will be completed with 3 meat to have one last meal and by resulting 1 empty hopper to be filled with another thing and a useless hopper with 1 meat.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

ison

Hmm, I see. Prioritization can be a bit tricky here, e.g. on one hand it's better to use the smallest stacks, as you've said, so you can fill it with something else, on the other hand, taking food which is going to rot soon seems a bit better. So it's hard to say what the perfect order should be here.