[1.1] Infusion 2 (2020-04-18)

Started by Latta, April 16, 2020, 09:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Random equipment enhancements and enchantments - the infusions.

Infusion 2 is a complete rewrite from scratch of the original Infusion (and its maintained version, Infused*) mod.
(* Ludeon forum page is outdated)

Visit my Notion page for more details. Download links (Workshop/GitHub) included.

Credits
charlotte(notfood) - Infused.

Canute

Hi,
one thing at the original Infusion mod i was missing that you couldn't create/update infusion you want.
You allways need to craft ton's of stuff so you hope you will get once the one you looking for.

So it would be nice if you could craft an infusion token and combine it to the item you like.
Or alternativ, you extract the infusion from an item (and destroy the item) so you could transfer it to another.

Latta

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2020, 10:10:13 AM
So it would be nice if you could craft an infusion token and combine it to the item you like.
Or alternativ, you extract the infusion from an item (and destroy the item) so you could transfer it to another.

Oh yes, it was one of oftenly requested items of the time. I didn't include anything for the initial release, as I rather prefer randomness then maxing. I believe Infused has traders selling infusion injectors, but I haven't used them myself.

I might add them or something different when I figure out how to use CompTargetable and other requirements. For now, implementing infusion debug actions are my next todo item.

Though, the new infusions are much more generic, e.g. no more bonus to specific work types and prefers global stats & such buffs are only for apparels to allow flexible sidearm usage (with Simple Sidearm), so maybe give it a try?

Krausladen

Okay, to implement into a save game, it may be costly for some.  If you're not toooo far along, its manageable.  I got it to work.

Save your game:

First step, add recycle clothes to your mod list.
Recycle cloths at your tailor bench to allow infused, disallow non-infused.
Smelt weapons allow infused, disallow non-infused.

This helps you reclaim some materials from your infused gear, consolation prize.  You can also go into dev tools to delete these items. 

Step 2:  Go to outfits, disallow all infused gear, so your pawns auto-drop all infused and change it out for non-infused gear.

Step 3: Wait for all infused gear to be recycled back into basic materials. 

Step 4:  After all infused gear is recycled, check the map for disallowed gear dropped from raid pawns, if its infused, delete it or recycle it. 

Step 5:  Make sure none of your graves have pawns with infused gear.  In my case, I already had dug up the graves and cremated them, so I'm in the clear, but for those with graves, they are going to throw errors if they have infused gear equipped because it'll be a missing asset.

Step 6:  Make sure there is not a tradeship, as the trade screen may have infused gear in it. 

Step 7:  After all infused gear is removed from the map, save your game.

Step 8:  Remove all bills from tables that have a reliance on "infused" gear, including your recycle clothes bill.

Step 9: Save your game as "Destroyed Infused" or something.

Step 9:  Go to main menu, remove infused from your mod list.  Load back into "Destroyed Infused."  If you receive an error, you did not clear the map of infused gear or bills with an infused reliance.  If you receive this error, quit to the main menu and add infused back, reload the game and check harder until you find what you missed.  If you successfully remove all infused gear and bills, you won't get one.

You won't have to worry about your outfits tab, it will not throw an error for having an outfit disallowing infused gear.  This line will just disappear when you remove the mod.  You don't have to delete the outfit.

Step 10:  Add infused II.

Beathrus

sawert42

There seems to be a bug if you are using both Infusion mods together that if they give additional HP to an item the item will go back to his base hp, i'm using mending mod so it's easy to recreate, mend an item to full, save the game, then load and the item will lose the hp that infusion is giving him, but it's only happening on some item not on all of them so idk what exactly make the diffrence