Just survived my first Siege! AMA

Started by ProjectXa3, April 22, 2020, 03:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectXa3

So I have never really gotten far in my previous games years ago, and this is a milestone for me! I actually won it fairly easily because Cass/basebuilder, but it was still fun! Basically my miner/sharpshooter won a rifle duel with their oaf at extreme range with the bolt-action, then picked off their mortar operator before he could get a second shot off with the HE rounds (he missed the base AND a husky by a tile on the first!) before they broke ranks and tried to charge past his position to rush the base themselves with autopistols, grenades, and a shotgun! In the end only the shotgunner was left alive to run off the map and leave me with a third mortar and some survival meals to take for my own!
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

Canute

That's my standard tactik for sieges.
As soon they land, i grab all colonist and rush to their location (It only could be difficult if you play on large maps).
Soon as their supplies drop down i start attacking.
If you want that they assault your base, try to snipe the mortar, once they are destroyed they assault you.
Some mellee with shield belts a bit ahead should prevent that they shoot at your range pawns.