Unfortunate incidents

Started by petersohn, April 12, 2020, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petersohn

I don't know if it's pure chance or Cassandra is deliberately messing with me, but raids sometimes come at the worst times. This is how one of my colonists died. He was out in field work, when a cougar started hunting him. He went down, needed to be rescued. Just when I sent someone to carry him home, a group of raiders appeared at the same part of the map, so I had to drop my injured colonist to fight back. He died of blood loss.

Some time later, something similar happened. I was hunting a group of muffalos, when they went on revenge. The hunter could run back to the colony in time and the militia fought back the muffalos, but not without injuries. Then a raid happened. I fended them off, but I got even more injuries in the process. Before everyone could heal up, BAM, another raid. Fortunately, nobody died, but I was almost out of medicine by the end (I had more than 30 before this series started). I had to cut all harvestable healroot on the map. Then I learned my lesson: the next year I started growing healroot myself.

kclace

Cassandra is cleverly evil. 

One time I designed a kill box that involved having my colonists throw molotovs to form a wall of fire that enemies would have to charge through (in addition to IEDs and traps!).

So Cassandra waits a really long time, then makes it rain, then starts the raid!

panternack

And here I was under the impression that it was only Randy that stacks raids. Randy at least can send in two warring factions at once to deal with one another, which is kind of a blessing in disguise?