letters "r" and "c" still missing

Started by a_gingercat, April 20, 2020, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_gingercat

Hello, i've had this issue when loading mods (mac user) since 1.1 where it causes all the "r" and "c" to disappear making it impossible to read text.
I've tried identifying a mod specifically but it seems that the issue isn't caused by any mod in particular but rather certain mods which use a lot of assets. I'm pretty sure it could be an issue with how mods are handled differently by the game since 1.1.
If anyone has any idea of how to fix it or know how to report it better it'd be much appreciated :)

Canute

What version do you use and what language ?
I got a curiouse letterset when i used a language pack together with developer mode. But that is fixed with the 1.1.2596 i use now.

Try it without mods.
Then activate some mod, until you found the mod.

a_gingercat

I'm using the latest version and keep up with the updates, and i'm using english with no language mods.
I've gone through a painstaking search of the mods causing issues by adding them one by one and trying them separately. Thing is, none of them cause the issue on their own, and it's not mod incompatibilities either but I think it could be happening when mods that are asset heavy are loaded. Because this started happening with 1.1 and because I remember there being an overhaul on how mods are loaded by the game, I think the issue could be from there but idk how to check that or how to fix it...

mekorwin

I've got the same problem.
Also on a Mac, also seemingly unrelated to any specific mod (even uninstalling and reinstalling the exact same mod can make the bug come or go)
I think a_gingercat is right - it seems to trigger when I've got a couple dozen already installed, and then try adding one that adds lots of new items, furniture, animals, etc.

I managed to find a couple reddit threads about this too, but no solutions.

Are macs just mod-limited now?

Emperor_Indecisive

i also have this issue, bu the letters missing are much more extreme, about 75% of the alphabet goes, it seems

same story, i can have it working for 2 days, after a dozen restarts to make sure, but by the time i get around to actually playing, its broke again.

same as mekorwin said, it can happen by installing or deleting the same mod, so i know for a fact its not related to any specific mods.

i too have seen tons of mac users talk about this all over reddit and steam. any chance this is a legitimate bug, or something Tynan can address/fix?

Emperor_Indecisive

So I think this may actually be a 1.1 bug as opposed to mods. Like I've said, I can have a list of 1, 5, 10, or 100 mods, and the game has this huge issue 9 times out of 10.

But, with the same exact mod lists, in the same exact order, every time the game runs perfectly fine on 1.0

But as soon as I update the game back to 1.1, this happens and the game is unplayable

LWM

Not necessarily - the 1.0 and the 1.1 assemblies for mods are different, so...

Does anyone do any Harmony patches for Translate?

This is a most absurd problem.