Why textures made by me look so bad in game

Started by TheSamuraiKenshi, April 20, 2020, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSamuraiKenshi

LWM

I love the look of the boards; did you grab something from online, do it yourself?

I have seen people answer similar questions; I'm sure someone knows.

Shinzy

There's a one a bit hacky way of fixing this by adding a 1% opacity black background to the image, which should get rid of the white border

There's better, more ideal way too but this is what's always worked for me
(and I'm far too lazy to learn any better ways to fix stuff, when I've got a trusty ol' hacky one ;D )

TheSamuraiKenshi

Okay, Do you know how to do that in photoshop or gimp? I'm sorry, little bit newbie in that. Thanks anyway!
I found already 2 fixes for white edges but I didn't know it's about my problem. They are saying the same, 1% black opacity but how? :D

Shinzy

Quote from: TheSamuraiKenshi on April 21, 2020, 12:35:34 PM
Okay, Do you know how to do that in photoshop or gimp? I'm sorry, little bit newbie in that. Thanks anyway!
I found already 2 fixes for white edges but I didn't know it's about my problem. They are saying the same, 1% black opacity but how? :D

Make another layer, the layer options should show an opacity slider
you could also reduce the opacity of your brush from the brush options that should appear somewhere on the screen

TheSamuraiKenshi

I just figured it out 1 minute before your post , thanks ! It's working

Shinzy

LWM

Does the opacity layer go beyond the non-opaque layer?  Extend a few pixels on each side?

Shinzy

Quote from: LWM on April 21, 2020, 02:12:55 PM
Does the opacity layer go beyond the non-opaque layer?  Extend a few pixels on each side?

oh yes the low opacity layer should act as a border around the image, I guess you could use layer filters/styles like 'outer glow' and such to achieve the same thing