Plan a new DLC!

Started by Samapple31, August 28, 2020, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samapple31

Hi. I wanted to say that Rimworld has a lots of mods and only 1 DLC. Can you please add another DLC and mod it (including the royalty DLC)?  This is your only game so far, Please create another game and add Rimworld into PS4. You are all welcome to reply to this topic. Thanks for viewing this topic.
Born with pleasure and patience.

rancidmustard

They opened up the ability to mod so they don't have to be working on the game for their entire lives. We're lucky we got any DLC at all, with how explosive the game's sales were. If you want content, I'd suggest you push for them to make a way for players to make game types & such, similar to Warcraft 3 Custom games. That way the fan base provides endless content for you :)

Go upvote my other post in this section & leave a comment in support, it'll help get their attention!

ShadowTani

Rimworld is an uniquely evergreen title that have essentially ensured Ludeons future if taken full advantage of. With that I mean, they can safely take their time to work on a new title and not worry about it being as hugely successful as Rimworld because they can probably release a new Rimworld DLC whenever they get low on funds. People would probably jump on it even if there was a ten year gap for the next DLC, but they would probably benefit more if they treated it like Minecraft and worked on it continuously alongside other game projects. There are no shortage of things that could still be added to the game after all, depending on Tynans willingness to go that far.

Both Rimworld and Minecraft have a lot of modding interest, but only a small percent of the userbase actually uses mods even among PC users, nevermind the very inconvenient environment for that on console. Immersion issues, balancing issues, conflicts and stability issues, and the commonly mixed bag of good and bad ideas made into a single mod instead of split up features etc. etc. makes modding unappealing for many. Even as a mod creator I prefer to play the game vanilla half the time. So having the better aspects of various mods adopted into vanilla is always welcome among the greater community.