Deflection chance for melee weapons based on psychic sensitivity

Started by Liwet, April 21, 2020, 11:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liwet

A guest in my colony had a link monosword so I opened up the info panel for the sword to check it out.  I looked at the weapon statistics and saw the detection chance at 3%.  But my mind read it as Deflection chance after I closed the panel and I thought to myself, 'Wait a minute, can this psychic colonist deflect bullets?  Are there Jedi in this game where their psychic sensitivity affects how well they can deflect bullets?'  Then I clicked back into the weapon again to see how the deflection chance is calculated and saw that it actually said detection chance.  Shame.

Would be a cool idea.  Would allow a lightly armored melee unit to get into melee ranged of an enemy without taking damage or suffering the possibility of a lucky shot to their neck and would give a bit more longevity to melee psycasters.

I'm probably not the first one to suggest adding Jedi to Rimworld though.

Canute

The mod, Star Wars - The Force
add Jedi/Sith to the game. And with them and lightsabers (another mod) you can deflect bullets depend on the skill.

zgrssd

The vanilla item Shield Belt blocks ranged attacks, but also disables your ability to make conventional ranged attacks.

It is the primary way lategame melee combatants are supposed ot get into range vs the stronger firearms.

orange1095

Maybe this could be one of the persona weapon traits. Something like "uncanny parry" or "lightning reflexes" giving bonus melee dodge chance and/or counting as always in cover but using real cover if better than what is provided by the trait. E.g:
lightning reflexes: +10 melee dodge change and 30% minimum cover.

Or this could be a high level psycast that can only be cast on the caster. It could only cost heat to activate and cast again to toggle. Each time a hit is deflected it uses some psyfocus.

I always try to make my psycasters melee focused because they have to get close to use the psycasts. It would be awesome to have some higher level buffs that synergize with that playstyle.