My suggestions

Started by Levy, November 04, 2013, 02:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levy

I've only played 232, so forgive me if some of these have been changed in either recent test versions or if someone has suggested these things before.

Anyway, number one annoyance: colonist task priority. If a colonist is halfway across the map mining, then turns around to head back with a few blocks left unmined because a couple other colonists have prioritized those blocks and now said miner already in the immediate vicinity cannot mine those blocks must head home while the other miners wander all the way up to mine those blocks, get tired and head back to base... You get the idea. I want colonists within a certain distance to have priority over colonists further away in order to get jobs done quicker. If a miner is mining blocks, and another miner wants to mine a nearby block, when the first miner wants to mine that block, they should be able to regardless if the second miner is heading there. Distance from tasks should supersede allocated priority, if that makes sense.

Builders should prioritize blueprints underneath them over blueprints near them. I think this would solve the problem of them building themselves into walls. Won't solve the problem of them building others into walls, but it's a start?

I would like a way to define the objects a hauler is allowed to haul. For example, a metal hauler to assist miners, a food hauler, an undertaker, an equipment hauler. You get the idea. Maybe when clicking on the box you get a second window to define the rules of what they can haul per individual.