[HELP] Creating Custom Race

Started by SirDhyne, May 02, 2020, 06:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDhyne

Hello all.

So let me preface this by saying I am a complete beginner when it comes to modding RimWorld, so please excuse my noobishness. I'm looking for some assistance with a custom race mod that I am creating, as I am having issues that I cannot figure out. They are listed below, most of them revolve around spawning.

1. Race is not selectable at colony creation (pawn menu, race needs to be available to starting factions both Colony and Tribal).
2. Race will not spawn as wanderer.
3. Race will not spawn in refugee drop pods.
4. Can't confirm this because I can't get a slaver to appear, but I'm assuming that due to the issues above, they won't spawn as slaves either.

I had this working momentarily, however I since changed something that ruined spawning outside of devMode and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. Some things to keep in mind: I do not want this race to have it's own organized faction (with settlements, bases, etc). I only want them to be either selectable at start or join through wander/slaver/refugee incidents.

I'm attaching my files so far, as I need someone to take a look at what I have so far so that they can MAYBE point me in the right direction. I'm using the Drow race mod as a base, as it has a little bit of everything that I'm needing for this race, however I definitely bungled something. If at all possible, please reach out to me over discord at Dhyne#0268 so we can discuss dynamically. Otherwise, if you wish to respond here, please try to be as thorough in your explanations as possible, as I stated I am a complete newb to this. Thank you!