[1.1.2618] Wedding guests leave ceremony and don't get mood buff

Started by threephi, April 29, 2020, 03:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threephi

[Combined from two previous posts]

Something seems broken with weddings.  Guests will not attend the ceremony proper, and after the entire social event has ended, do not receive any mood buff.  There's another side issue related to wedding notifications I will mention at the end of this post.

I've included a link to a game save taken just after sending all my colonists to attend the pre-party for a wedding.  I'm running a bunch of basic mods, but the same behavior occurs with all mods disabled.

When the ceremony itself starts, all the guests abruptly depart, although some may linger briefly while finishing their current recreation tasks.  The new spouses are the only two people who remain.  The wedding in this save takes place during a solar flare, but I do not believe that is a factor as I have witnessed the same issue in an earlier game state (for which I did not have a useful save) when there were no other game events in progress.

Here are the issues involved:

1) Guests leave the wedding when the ceremony begins.
2) During the ceremony, I cannot make the colonists attend as usual by clearing their job queue via drafting/undrafting. 
3) After the ceremony, I can make colonists attend the post-reception, but once the social event is over noone receives any mood buffs except the new couple.  I'm not sure if this is part of the new issue or a holdover from previous behavior, but I think colonists should still receive a standard party mood buff if they only attend the pre-party or the post-party.
4) In an earlier run through of this bug, I thought noone attended the ceremony because I had simply missed the in-game notification.  The notice when two colonists get engaged happens with a persistent notification box and an entry in the journal history, window, but notice for the wedding itself is only by a minor upper-left notification which is easy to miss.  I think the immediate opportunity for a powerful colony-wide mood boost is a much more important event to draw the player's attention to, so I think the way notifications for weddings is set up should be reversed--an on-screen line item for engagements, and a major notification message recorded in the game history for the wedding itself.

Here's a dropbox link to a game save just after the pre-party for a wedding has begun with all my colonists (at least those who can walk) in attendance.  I've run this through a few times, with and without mods, and the behavior always occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6ed3zik2smp39e/Gaberium%20gathered%20for%20wedding.rws?dl=0

Nowhere