[1.1.2624] Seed generates different rock types from 1.1.2618

Started by cbanek, May 08, 2020, 01:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbanek

I found a great map that is very defensible, and played on it.  After I got wiped out, I wanted to try again, so I loaded the same seed with the same settings.  Here are the settings:

Seed: kitten
Size: 30% (default)
Rainfall: default
Temperature: default
Tribes are crowded, although that doesn't seem to affect the generation of the map.
Position: 26.76N 2.53W

In 1.1.2618 the map generated is granite and marble.  In 1.1.2624 the same seed is granite and sandstone.  It looks like all the marble on the map has been replaced by sandstone, although otherwise the map is generated identically.  I'm guessing that one of the recent changes with mining has affected map generation?

I love being able to play the same seeds again!  I love playing Rimworld too much, so thanks for that. :)

zxxzzxxz

[Used Google Translate]

I also confirm this. In the current save, after switching from version 18 to version 24 of the game, my base suddenly changed the virtual type of landscape on the world map, there was Sandstone and Marble, and now Sandstone and Granite. Now new quests for the construction of monuments require granite, which is not on my map at all. The quest becomes impossible.

I will also add a similar problem to quests with monuments: mods that add new ores and materials are also often required to build monuments, but at the same time they require inadequately large amounts of new resources, without checking the availability of these resources on the map in the form of deposits and other sources, and their availability in stock.

Example:
(without mods) any stone 1500, any something 700, steel 1200.
(with mods (copper added)) any stone 1500, any 700, copper 1200. (there are 200 in the warehouse and you can still get 500 from the mountains (total: the quest is impossible)