[1.1.2618] Pawn has locked apparel after joining

Started by dogthinker, April 30, 2020, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogthinker

1/2) What happened:

• Fabia was a Shattered Empire champion under my temporary control, as part of an quest (Podswarm).
  • Fabia had a mental break "Run Wild" before the quest was resolved, causing her to lose her affiliation with the Shattered Empire.
  • The quest was completed, and all the other temporary pawns reverted to Shattered Empire control and departed.
  • Fabia remained wild, but did start to walk towards the map edge.
  • Fabia collapsed from blood loss, and was rescued by the colony.
  • Fabia joined the colony out of gratitude for being rescued! (note: she no longer has the dual-affiliation that the temporary pawns originally had)
  • Fabia's clothing is all still locked :(

3) What did I expect to happen:
That my new (permanent) colony member would not have locked clothing.

I suspect that by design lodger pawns aren't supposed to be recruitable under any circumstances... However, from a story perspective, this emergent sequence of events was actually very satisfying! Poor Fabia was being used as a gladiator, sent to fight >60 bugs in melee for the Stellarch's amusement. Three of her squadmates were dead. The other two survivors pretty much crawled off the map, pouring blood. She rejected that life, going wild... Until the colony saved and showed her kindness.

Bonus bug: out of curiosity I also tried arresting her while she was still wild, and as a prisoner she had no recruit options. Releasing her put her back into the wild state.

4) How to reproduce. I haven't tested it, but I imagine that forcing any lodger to run wild, downing, then rescuing them, should do the trick.

5) Three saves and the log in one archive at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jp7Pnd-z2JTePeB9xtXaFRyzxANjcXsW

• "save1.zip" -- an autosave that occurred during the event, before Fabia's mental break
  • "save2.zip" -- a save while Fabia is Wild, but walking towards the map edge
  • "save3.zip" -- a save immediately after Fabia joined the colony

P.S. cool quest, I loved it. I enjoyed that the Insects didn't all fixate on my colonists, and some went to start smashing up A/C units and vents instead, forcing me to make some tough decisions.

ison

Hmm, I guess the pawn can still theoretically refuse to unequip his apparel, even after he's recruited. It's a relatively small issue, but we'd need to handle it somehow. Thanks for reporting!