Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 21, 2018, 05:27:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Your Best Screenshots  (Read 71430 times)

Kirby23590

• Colonist
  • Dead or Alive you're coming with me pal!
    • View Profile
Re: Your Best Screenshots
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »

This was my first successful colony in A14 2016.

Here we got a lone person in the colony now forever alone wandering this empty colony built in the Tropical Rainforests in the mountains. There were two other with him but they run away after the ship got launched and didn't told him that they left. ( For Role-play purposes. )

They launched the ship without him because they were running low supplies thanks to the volcanic winter. They had no time to build three cryptosleep caskets, they had no choice but to leave Marco and the two others ( Tia and Vinho the booze king. ).

Marco threw his anger realizing that they left without him. His book Complete Traveler's Guide to the RimWorlds which is also his journal. He threw his book into the corner of his room in anger and went in a berserk rage attacking Vinho and brutally wounding him. But he was stopped by Tia and her Husky. Who then left him after he was slowly recovering in the clinic.

All that now that is left is him... He now takes control of this colony now. But should he walk away like Tia and Vinho did? Or should he continue the legacy that this colony has left?

Mods Pictured:
T's Floors
ED-LaserDrill ( Which is why you can see the two Geothermal generators connected to each other. )
ED-Embrasures
T's ExpandedCrops
More Furniture mod

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kid1000

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »

Is there a way to post higher res images? I have a lot of cool action shots, but difficult to see anything cool when they're lower than 600kb.

Kirby23590

• Colonist
  • Dead or Alive you're coming with me pal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »

Is there a way to post higher res images? I have a lot of cool action shots, but difficult to see anything cool when they're lower than 600kb.

If you're using steam. Open the Steam Program and go to the top-left corner and click the word steam and select settings and Find the In-Game options.

Make sure that save an uncompressed copy is checked.

And don't forget to set the screenshot folder in my case i set it user/doucuments.

Now if you're taking screenshots of the game. A high res image/screenshot will appear in user/doucuments.

If you're not using steam there's a jury-rigged option to take. Use the Print Screen Button or as it appears on my keyboard Prt Sc SysRq. Go to your image editor of your choice like Photoshop or GIMP (gimp is free). And edit the screenshot to your hearts content. Just make the image size matches the screen resolution of your computer.

It's not much but looking at Rimworld's keyboard options theres a take a screenshot button with F10. But i use the steam version so i don't know about non-steam versions though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:07:29 PM by Kirby23590 »

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Adsixnine

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2018, 12:36:20 AM »

Those are awesome! ;)

MerlinEngine

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2018, 08:33:18 AM »

I do not know if it is really that impressive, but I am trying to build the ultimate defensive works near my colony. Over time, I want to improve them with advanced technology, but I expect that the patches of the 1.0 unstable won't give me the opportunity to do so. Here is their status so far, the point of them is that they pretty much cover every approach to my colony, and give my characters a fair bit of defense in depth. So far, these defenses have stood up to all the attacks, for example, in the case of bomb-throwing enemies, I can command my characters to retreat to another line, or go into the tunnel and attack the bomb thrower from the flank. I want to dig out another tunnel from the hill to the south, fortify it, and use it as a more effective flanking point during battles.  I will probably include a first aid station close to that tunnel, as my current hospital is too far away to quickly remove and tend to injured characters during and after battles.  There aren't enough traps to really do that much damage, however, so I will probably increase my trap line from two to four, maybe six, if I can find the wood.

That's the problem really, you can't get the wood you know.
You know Henry Crun? He is a guy who can't get the wood either.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:48:55 AM by MerlinEngine »

Chibiabos

• Colonist
  • Future Kibble
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »

The REAL reason insects burrow into your base:  they just want to PAAAAARTAY!

Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Yeol

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2018, 03:16:46 AM »

This was one of my most fun, long living colonies to play with. Unfortunatly the update of A18 made it unplayable. This colony never lived it's fate... salvation or annihilation... We'll never know.  :(

TheJollyKraut

• Muffalo
  • Muffalo Farmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2018, 03:28:08 AM »

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180826/3nuzztx2.jpg <- [img] is not showing the image for some reason
They call me Muffalo Phill!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:32:58 AM by TheJollyKraut »

Swarx

• Drifter
  • Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »

Check out this mod if you miss having shivs, or the Uzi: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1512287925
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]