Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 10, 2014, 12:07:31 PM
Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on October 10, 2014, 11:12:09 AM
I had my colonists ferrying gold back to the base when a psychic blast drove the wildlife insane. I lost four colonists to vicious attack monkeys.

Oh my god is.. is that... ..Rafiki?! why?! WHYyyyY?! NO!

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sion

My funniest story must be when a raid went horribly wrong (back in something like alpha 3 or 4), I think I had something like 3 colonists and 5 prisoners when the attack happened, unfortunately I no longer remember exactly what happened, but I remember the end result.

2 of my colonists where dead and the 3'rd was incapacitated with no means of rescue, eventually he started starving, but I decided to wait it out and see if the story teller would help me in some way, like sending a random wanderer that joins our colony, but no, eventually he died, but the story doesn't end there!!

I still have 5 people in prison and now they have no one that can take care of them, so I'm waiting, unable to help them in any way, I just have to see what will happen, after a while the prisoners starts starving... then that's when it finally happened!!

A squirrel have a mental breakdown and have decided that it should try to kill any and all humans on the map, so it runs up to the iron door and starts bashing the door, and bashing... and bashing... and bashing... eventually that tiny lite maniac to squirrel manages to break down that huge iron door and comes flying into the prison like a cute little furry ball of teeth, claws and death, it starts attacking one of the prisoners witch defends itself as good as he can, as soon as the other prisoners noticed that the door is gone they waist no time at all, abandoning the fighting couple and runs for the edge of the map, all 5 prisoners eventually manages to reach the map border, and thus they were the first 5 survivors of RimWorld!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

MacG

Funniest moment for me.

Just finished dealing with a pirate raid and had a pawn in the hospital getting a leg refit. While he was under a narsty siege happened. First mortar they launch land directly on his head blowing out his eye and dropping his brain to 1hp.

Worst moment.

After a few days of back and forth mortar fire got the siege down to 2 guys. Sent out my commissar (yarrick) to mop up the last severely injured guys. He had power armor, power helmet, power claw, bionic eye and an r4. Got off a few shots all hitting. Pirate returns fire with his pistol. 1 shot to the kidney, dead.

Dieform

This picture pretty much speaks for itself, but in case ya'll wanted the full detail:

0) I'm prepared to build a ship but I need an AI core.
1) Alien starship crashes; I poke it and run, then I build a forward base (note generator and turrets) and begin mortaring.
2) While I'm doing this, ENEMY RAIDERS ARRIVE AND BUILD MORTARS.
3) Throw incendiaries at enemy to keep them busy, switch to snipers for mechs.
4) I've killed the mechs, the raiders are mostly done for/starving so I can ignore them. Begin shooting the starship, NOTHING CAN STOP ME.
5) OH GOD NO! A psychic wave has driven local wild life insane. GET TO THE TURRETS IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE.
6) Squirrel! Somebody's got to help squirrel! He's being mobbed by..  squirrels? That's oddly ironic.

Eventually he was saved, and I got the AI core. Though not before the last surviving raider sniped one of my best warriors and kidnapped him. I wish I could call them up and randsom him back T_T. Maybe I could trade him for Squirrel (who originally came from that band of pirates).

Shinzy

Quote from: Dieform on October 12, 2014, 02:26:27 AMSquirrel! Somebody's got to help squirrel! He's being mobbed by..  squirrels? That's oddly ironic.

haha =P why does that picture make me think of this

love it

TemplarGFX

Playing with Randy Random when I get my first ever siege. I was totally unprepared for the bandits to be setting up a little base on my map with mortars (and I had none myself to counter). I had no armor to speak of, and only pistols and rifles.

Thinking this band of 20+ vermin with 3 mortars was going to end me, luck quickly turned my way when Randy decided to send a second siege group of the same size from another faction in at the same time, practically next to each other.

These two factions were dire enemies. Needless to say, they did not want to share killing us.  By the time they had sorted out there differences, only 3 bandits had survived and they fled.

I got soo much loot from that encounter :p

EBrown

Quote from: TemplarGFX on October 12, 2014, 08:58:06 PM
Playing with Randy Random when I get my first ever siege. I was totally unprepared for the bandits to be setting up a little base on my map with mortars (and I had none myself to counter). I had no armor to speak of, and only pistols and rifles.

Thinking this band of 20+ vermin with 3 mortars was going to end me, luck quickly turned my way when Randy decided to send a second siege group of the same size from another faction in at the same time, practically next to each other.

These two factions were dire enemies. Needless to say, they did not want to share killing us.  By the time they had sorted out there differences, only 3 bandits had survived and they fled.

I got soo much loot from that encounter :p
Maybe randy is just looking out for you.

Thanks,
EBrown

togt

I put a one-armed colonist on mining duty.  When a starvation notice came up I tracked it down, turned out to be the one-armed guy trying to mine Plasteel.  I took him off mining duty to get some food into him.

I would love to have a feature ingame to thank my colonists for the special things they do (or try to do).   

Lost Cause

I had to laugh...
A group of hostiles arrived on the map and started setting up siege camp exactly where a previous camp had been!
In order to sell off the ration packs from that past siege without having to haul them across the entire map I had placed a trade beacon on that spot.
There was a ship in orbit...
Hey!! I just got a new lot of ration packs to sell you!

And I just got hit by a solar flare X.x
Every single battery in my base had 666 units of stored power. 0.0
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

TemplarGFX

Thinking I'm all smart and clever, I build this very mazy entrance way to my colony with plans to fill it specially placed turrets later.  its too early in the game at the moment to actually get those turrets up and running, and I had no stone yet, so I made it out of wood.

Guess what turned up?  an incendiary centipede mech!   As you can imagine, 3 people vs a fire throwing mechanoid on a hot clear day surrounded by wood walls did not go well :p

http://imgur.com/V5Af62v

Oh Randy, I swear you did that to me on purpose

Coenmcj

Quote from: Lost Cause on October 14, 2014, 09:29:18 AM
I had to laugh...
A group of hostiles arrived on the map and started setting up siege camp exactly where a previous camp had been!
In order to sell off the ration packs from that past siege without having to haul them across the entire map I had placed a trade beacon on that spot.
There was a ship in orbit...
Hey!! I just got a new lot of ration packs to sell you!

And I just got hit by a solar flare X.x
Every single battery in my base had 666 units of stored power. 0.0

I just had an absolutely evil idea... cover the entire map in overlapping trade beacon fields... sell the raider's metal and rations before they can manage to setup, every time.

We _WILL_ sell everything on this planet if it, even if it means selling the planet itself!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Xminor1

About 50 besiegers getting killed by insane members of their own group.
Kill All Humans!

I know that I exist... do you?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

milon

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 14, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
I just had an absolutely evil idea... cover the entire map in overlapping trade beacon fields... sell the raider's metal and rations before they can manage to setup, every time.

We _WILL_ sell everything on this planet if it, even if it means selling the planet itself!

Wow, I gotta try that out!

Shinzy

Quote from: milon on October 15, 2014, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on October 14, 2014, 10:55:05 PM

Wow, I gotta try that out!
Knowing the game, the storyteller will make a very good judgement and decide that no, you do not need tradeships right at this moment