Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Quote from: hyperkiller on November 06, 2014, 12:23:51 PM
Just had a moment where i just got done fortifying my colony, with sandbags and turrets on all the open sides, (was in a corner so only had 1 legit way getting in) and then a mercanary team drop poded into the middle of my exposed base right on my planetary beacon (forgot they did that sometimes). it did not end well for me as all my turrets were no where near them :/
That's the reason I put a stockpile with the beacon OUTSIDE colony walls.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Wex on November 07, 2014, 11:56:41 AM
Just had a moment where i just got done fortifying my colony, with sandbags and turrets on all the open sides, (was in a corner so only had 1 legit way getting in) and then a mercanary team drop poded into the middle of my exposed base right on my planetary beacon (forgot they did that sometimes). it did not end well for me as all my turrets were no where near them :/
That's the reason why I turn my stockpile with the beacon into a deathzone surrounded by turrets

Jarwy

Quote from: muffins on September 21, 2014, 04:41:06 AM
I carefully, and expensively, build up a stash of emergency rations in case of dire need ... then my "visitors" decide to help themselves to the lot of it.

If you put your ear up close to the image, you can just about hear me scream "NOOOOOOoOoOOoooooooo!!!!"

That is... I just spent the last minute crying & laughing. What an amazing congoline of hungry strangers. ;D

ToXeye

My story on the stories board where I am left with only one person incapable of fighting hand to hand or with any weapon. Also the difference between the one dressed in leather tribal wear and the one dressed in hyperweave clothes. One got disintegrated by an exploding turret, and it was the one with the tribalwear.

Of course, it does not count as a story, but it is a gameplay example.

*edit* oh yes, the funniest thing I saw in rimworld was when I was going to tear down the walls for an old enclosed ruin with roof on it. The one doing the work got crushed by a collapsing roof.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Sion

I once made the mistake of having more than one single colonist as a hunter...

Miner: "It was an accident, I swear!"
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Moe

Hi,

I have seen 14 deers in a forest and there was one dead deer about 5 m away from them. I thought "Ah maybe my Hunter shoot it while killing others" and then i clicked on the deer.. the death issue was it was attacked by horns and deer feet and his spinal was broken. So well in this short CSI Rimworld episode .. the other Deers killed it.

I dont know if thats also part of the game "deer mobbing" but I slaughtered them all and my colonists still feast on them  ::)
"no not a solar flare in the middle of an attack.. again.."

twitch.tv/gameutopia

Goo Poni

Quote from: Wex on November 07, 2014, 11:56:41 AM

My stockpile is close to the main door of my colony's mountain base and I had a mechanoid attack drop in right on top of my colony. Having never seen mechanoids yet in this alpha, but with the knowledge of how silly they got in the last alpha, I thought that was it. GG. Shrekt. And then all of two Centipedes dropped in and they got their face shot off which apparently instakilled them when they're such sponges in every other part of their body. Then the very next thing to happen was a ship part crashing and only a couple Scythers came from it. I almost want the old mechanoid numbers. Almost.

Halinder

Deciding I'd built my colony up enough without dev mode and went on a spree of messing about, with Mai units in nano gear against Tuskbears and starving slaves in a room together so they would slowly go insane and beat each other to death.

Well see, that got boring, too. I proceeded to lower the blast doors on my colony and call in 5 raids from the pirate group I'd been fighting all game long. Wanting revenge, I proceeded to spam the 'animalinsanity' incident at least 20 times, sending every animal on the map on a frenzy scrambling over one another to claw, ram, impale, and otherwise bring pain and misery to the human race. With no way to get into my colony they took to flailing at the raiders, resulting in multiple hilarious standoffs as the animal kingdom worked in tandem to horrendously maim everything that ever existed.

juanger

After just barely surviving a 20+ raider attack, and having only 3 survivors, of which 2 were incapacitated, and the other one tending them, a psycic wave caused all the squirrels to go mad, and the last thing the poor survivor saw before being eaten was wave upon wave of mad squirrels attacking the med building trying to get in.

Lost Cause

A group of 4 vising allies encountered 4 resident centipedes. the centipedes obviously unloaded hell upon the visitors, killing off 3 of them quite quickly, but at the cost of 1 centipedes. That left the soul survivor against 3 centipedes...
She suffered a mental break, flew into a rage and rushed the closest centipedes engaging it in close combat and killed it almost instantly! She then runs to the next and kills it too all the while the last one is firing away, missing horribly with its hell cannon. She rushes at it and before I knew what was happening she was coming for me!
Fortunately, I had 8 people with miniguns and 29 turrets which proved to be a little bit too much for her
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Lost Cause on December 04, 2014, 01:10:34 PM
A group of 4 vising allies encountered 4 resident centipedes. the centipedes obviously unloaded hell upon the visitors, killing off 3 of them quite quickly, but at the cost of 1 centipedes. That left the soul survivor against 3 centipedes...
She suffered a mental break, flew into a rage and rushed the closest centipedes engaging it in close combat and killed it almost instantly! She then runs to the next and kills it too all the while the last one is firing away, missing horribly with its hell cannon. She rushes at it and before I knew what was happening she was coming for me!
Fortunately, I had 8 people with miniguns and 29 turrets which proved to be a little bit too much for her

Queue 300 the movie meme: Madness? THIS IS RIMWORLD!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Moods

i was working on my base and a group of traders shows up, and u know where did they put their tent?

thats right, right infront of my door, they blocked my base so i had to dig the other way around >.< (to the right)
feel free to join the teamspeak server at..

voice4rw.ts.nfoservers.com

Shinzy

Quote from: Moods on December 05, 2014, 01:43:12 AM
i was working on my base and a group of traders shows up, and u know where did they put their tent?

http://i.imgur.com/Oh0GpJC.jpg?1

thats right, right infront of my door, they blocked my base so i had to dig the other way around >.< (to the right)

Door to door salesmens' Foot-in-the-door technique done right =P *applause*

Wex

Quote from: Moods on December 05, 2014, 01:43:12 AM

This is one of the reasons I suggested Haplo a trading area.
Only buildable outside, so no trapping can happen, and so no rival faction will start shooting each other in the face. Also they won't block you something vital.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Haplo

I don't understand. I, personally, like it as it is *g*