Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arenji

Quote from: Everteal on December 27, 2014, 05:43:00 AM
You can install a denture jaw: click on your colonist -> Health -> Operations -> Add bill.

I was so sad when this happened to one of my colonists. She just sat there at the table staring at a meal in front of her with the starvation alert blinking. And I had no medicine. If there hadn't been a supplier in range I'd never have been able to forgive myself. Damn this fine game for making me care about my pawns so much!

milon

How many bullets did you take?!

[attachment deleted due to age]

renzantar

I'm just minding my own business, when raiders decide to besiege my base. "That's fine," I say, "I have mortars too."
So I'm blasting away at them while they blast away at me, and i get a message that says some friendlies are here to save the day!

By this time, I had forgotten that my mortars were raining hell upon the enemy.

By some stroke of bad luck, one of my mortars manages to miss the enemies entirely and take out half of the friendly forces.

Zilch

Had an ancient ship part crash onto my map.
Sent my best sniper in to activate it and kill the probable 15 centipedes that will pour out.

As the bullet is flying through the air from his trusty M-24, a Pirate raid starts. 50+ Drop pods land directly on and around the Ship part.
Pirates v Mechs fight of the decade.

Needless to say, my sniper got the hell out of that shit-storm real fast.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

dnal

So... my pawns are eating from potatos and raw meat having berries right next to them on the floor, then they are getting the ate raw food mood which they wouldnt get from eating berries which i have 2000 units of... so funny!

Trying to find a way to mod this shit; trying to make potato and raw meat not eatable now... not finding the meat entries though

Ah, will just take out the eat raw food mood from Thoughts_Memories.xml, much easier to mod even though i like the mechanics they are not working for me right now. (eat the f* berries bitch!)

Mihsan

Quote from: Zilch on January 07, 2015, 01:20:51 AM
Had an ancient ship part crash onto my map.
Sent my best sniper in to activate it and kill the probable 15 centipedes that will pour out.

As the bullet is flying through the air from his trusty M-24, a Pirate raid starts. 50+ Drop pods land directly on and around the Ship part.
Pirates v Mechs fight of the decade.

Needless to say, my sniper got the hell out of that shit-storm real fast.

I got almost the same thing, but with tribals. That really saved my colony.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Robesidian

Well, one of the funniest things I have seen would have to be when i was first starting to learn the game and wanted to see how cannibalism worked and effected people. So i arrested anyone that visited and chopped them up and feasted on the raw meat. This drove people into mental breaks quick and they would fight one another (mind i only had the three people), so whomever lost the fight was arrested and chopped up. So i killed off one and when the next mental break happened i was going to let them fight one on one but i was playing on randy random so a lone raider came with frag grenades while they where fighting threw one grenade and blew them both up and dipped out. GG

Rhopunzel

I only found this funny in a really dark way, but I captured a raider who had nice stats and I wanted to convert them to join my colony. He was pretty shot up and was barely able to be saved, but I managed it. He turned out to be a total problem patient and kept developing infection after infection which I'd have to spend valuable medicine on. He slept through multiple raids yet I wasn't giving up on him. Eventually the infections were cured and I started trying to recruit him, but I was wondering why he wasn't getting up and walking around yet.

Eventually after a few more weeks I finally succeeded, but wondered why he was brought straight to the infirmary. I clicked on his health and saw: "Spine: shattered"

I wasn't even mad when I selected him to be euthanised. :(

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Rhopunzel on January 09, 2015, 05:14:17 PM
Eventually after a few more weeks I finally succeeded, but wondered why he was brought straight to the infirmary. I clicked on his health and saw: "Spine: shattered"

That's why I would love some way to "patch up" such injuries. I can imagine that they have developed some type of bionic/medicine to repair such things, like some kind of artificial spine part that replaces the damaged section (artificial spine or for medicine: Nanomachines, son).  ;)

Rhopunzel

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 10, 2015, 12:18:34 PM

That's why I would love some way to "patch up" such injuries. I can imagine that they have developed some type of bionic/medicine to repair such things, like some kind of artificial spine part that replaces the damaged section (artificial spine or for medicine: Nanomachines, son).  ;)

Maybe some kind of really high risk operation that could be mitigated by a high doctor level? :)

Shinzy

Quote from: Rhopunzel on January 10, 2015, 01:19:23 PM
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 10, 2015, 12:18:34 PM

Maybe some kind of really high risk operation that could be mitigated by a high doctor level? :)

yess!
Critical failure spine surgery = doctor accidentally installs the new pneumatic spine upside down and forgets his favourite pair of stetoscopes inside the patient

needs to be in the game =P

john pretzel

;D Rimtroopers vs Jaffas  ;D

Both factions met up in my map and started a shoot out. As soon as wounded started popping, they became more busy hauling these guys to take as prisoners and leaving than actually fighting, SIDE BY SIDE kidnapping each others mates.  ;D

Dr. Z

A group of what must be the most pragmatic pirates in the universe landed, wearing nothing besides their armor, and when I checked one of them I saw that he was wearing EIGHT HATS.

When I checked his stats it turned out to be a really smart move because he had a minimum temperature of -39Ã,° C.

Prasie the Squirrel!

john pretzel