Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

I sent a sniper to counter a mortar siege. Not a true sniper, in early game I only had a survival rifle and so did two pirates. Fortunately mine was a careful shooter and they were bad shooters with worse weapons, and I placed him behind a rock chunk.

As the bullets started flying back and forth, a boomrat wandered into the line of fire. My sniper hit it and started a fire. Fire started spreading and pirates rushed to extinguish it. Distracted, they were easy targets.

Wex

It was one of those "Randy moments": first, mechanoid ship. Dealt with mortars and killing the mechanoid in front of my base, right after destroing the ship, pirate raid; so I used my collection of artefacts (many colonists in the hospital), a shock on the triple rocket laucher guy, an insanity on the 14 melee guy with a longsword and so on.
Immediately after routing them, a new raid from different pirates.
They find melee guy on the ground bleeding, they kidnap him and go away.
They could have won.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Sandyyy

Started the new game on alpha14
Built a starting storage area for the food, letting it be close from my people. Oh see, a bunny infestation, free food by tomorrow. Them, next day there was no food anymore cuz all bunnies ate it, and they were all scattered by the end of the map, mos for them already dead... By a human hunting pack. Thanks Randy, the random.

Ever I see a bunny, I laught and let it eat my food. Just funny. Until one of them killed my best melee soldier. A sort of a psychopath bunny. After all the fight, he just walked to eat more of my food.

I love bunnies and I ever tame them. A good multiplying animals I think... However lost my 3 starting pawns just for trying to save a bunny from two Wargs.

Chicken start? Put 20 Chicken at start. In a week you will get 100 chickens. Sort of speed multiplication I think. Ah, them kill them while the "Boomrat virus" is working. A explosion chain :3

Why need the world to burn? Well, I've lost a game with the CrashFall mod because of that. 3 weapon decks and 1 engine could make a fire that you isn't able to handle. Especially when you are into a florest biome.

Epic Surgery Fails: I've seen some of those on the real live and ever thought it was a joke, but when my 17level medic failed a surgery of Removing a leg by removing the pawn hearth... Well, maybe it was a foreign medic that doesn't speak English at all? And understand leg as Hearth maybe.

PrisonBreak: 4 prisoners inside a small cell. 3 Heavily injured colonists and just one pacific colonist alive. The Cell door was stuck by a parka standing on door cell. Prison break make my four prisoners die.
Colonists would be a Selling Commodity. Some times I kill my own crew just to have a less mouth to eat. Yes, that seems a little psychopath...

Elodorian

First time happening to me, i got bugs in my Mine... So, i couldn't handle this at the time, duo to a raid I've got so I decided to close them in. And deal with them later. First I forgot about it trying to hold on to my pawns not loosing anyone.
Later I heard someone was digging and I looked and I discovered the first time that this ***** can mine by themselves. So I decided I will burn this sobs with my furnace Mod. I didn't not have enough steel and components for the Furnace. And everything was going against it, Raids, Mad Animals, Man Hunter Packs, Infections, Gut Worms, Bad Mood. Visitors that stabbed each other I had to Rescue. Scythers strolling on the map incapacitating my Hunter. So here is what came out in the time..... nothing to say about this colony was done for.... -->

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

HeadWar

Got hit with Toxic Fallout and Volcanic Winter at once. No stockpiles, since it was supposed to be growing season all year round. Harvest as much as I can, gather up the wild animals as they die off. Fend off a raid or two, trying to keep people busy indoors. My colony leader gets killed when going berserk when we are taking down a psychic ship, charging a minigun Centipede.

The fallout finally lets up, and my remaining colonists start planting, but it is still volcanic winter, so everything grows very slowly. They finally succumb to cannibalism, just to stay alive, waiting for that rice to grow.

Boom! Fire! In my plantations! For some reason I only have two colonists able or willing to firefight, they fight bravely, and manage to save most of the windmills, but as they turn around they realize one of the pyromaniacs has set fire behind them as well. When the smoke clears, nothing edible is left.

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's a cargo pod! Lots of them! With meat! Hallelujah!

Human meat.

Cally has a pretty dark sense of humour.

RangerRaven

So i'm playing on Chillax AI because the last time i played on classic my whole base got destroyed in massive dry storm plus a raid. So everything ended up burning and my colonists couldn't do anything about it. But anyway my random story is in this chillax game i'm just pleasantly going along building my base when i get visitors that arrive. I've never had anything happen with them before so I never knew they were this psychotic until now because half of them started brawling with each other for no apparent reason. Even though they were on the same side, so i was like "oh this is interesting i wonder who will win." Turns out one of the giant chicks from their group ended up knocking two of them out cold. After this i got a notification saying the guests are taking their wounded to safety or something and then two of them pick up the unconscious two and leave. Now i thought the rest would leave as well except when i go to check on their progress everyone else had stayed behind and were now frantically going along dismantling my mountain base as they tried to dig a tunnel through it. I could only assume they were trying to dig their way out of the map but after a short while half of them spilt off and started to destroy random walls or equipment in my base before running off. At this point the two left tunneling decided to give up as well and just left. Leaving me with my base in ruins and a giant as tunnel leading to nowhere in the side of my base. Sooo... yea... thanks for the free mine shaft i guess? Maybe next time try do that without destroying half my base.

satch4684

I have a really short one I think was pretty funny, the doctor lady was treating the old man scientist who had traits that made him pretty susceptible to mental breaks. So he does, and jumps out of bed and attacks her (this is actually why he was in hospital to begin with)

Then she pulls out rifle, shoots him point blank, and goes back to treating him  ;D

ccheuer

Got another funny story, and this one is slightly politically relevant.

So I did I tribal start. It wasn't long before all but one person, a mildly Hispanic looking woman named Viper, died due to raids and w/n.

Suddenly, a wanderer joins, a fat white dude with great hair. I decided to name him Trump, and designate him as my chief builder, as he had 13 construction with a double flame.

For two years, everything was great in my well run, albeit small village.

Suddenly, I see trump walk up to Viper out of the blue, and I get a nice little message that the two were in a social fight, due to Trump insulting Viper.

Next thing I know, Trump is laying in the hospital bed with Viper just watching him. I decide to thumb over to see his wounds. They were:

Right Arm - Broken
Left Leg - Broken
Right Leg - Broken
Neck - Bruised 3x
Sternum - Cracked

and the golden wound, Left arm, Torn completely off.

All I know is, Trump must have really insulted Viper...

Craig1020

I had a bear that got wasted on beer and attacked a cat, it didn't win, I rescued him and he could walk because he was only drunk. He got wasted again. 10/10 would give bear a beer

John_Bigless

Quote from: Wex on December 05, 2014, 07:26:03 AM
Quote from: Moods on December 05, 2014, 01:43:12 AM
i was working on my base and a group of traders shows up, and u know where did they put their tent?

It would be better if the Tent was outside the home area, but not too far from it.
thats right, right infront of my door, they blocked my base so i had to dig the other way around >.< (to the right)
This is one of the reasons I suggested Haplo a trading area.
Only buildable outside, so no trapping can happen, and so no rival faction will start shooting each other in the face. Also they won't block you something vital.

moneyelf

this was my first Randy Random Rough moments,after this,I decided not to play on RR anymore.

It all started with the victor seed(one person,fuck all),random big flat map in the rainforest.
one day,fifth of winter(5 days after start) a big-ass horde of traders come in
(3 muffaloes,10-15 people armed to the teeth with LMG-s Snipers, kevlar helmets and stuff, selling guns, golden masterwork spears,medicine etc.) then a drystorm wipes them out completely,leaving me,the fresh victor spawn with a basic shelter, butcher table and fueled stove,armed with a wooden club with all this tasty gear and muffaloes, I couldn't even haul it back to my close-by stockpile, a raid of 6 gunmen came, with luck, and a few well-placed grenades I fended them off,leaving me with more gear, next day, alphabeaver HORDE comes,I was pissed,but killed them,that's all good. NEXT DAY(8th of winter) I get the message that a pack of yorkies are joining me,I tought: "fine,I'll check them out." I couldn't even set up their places to separate males from females to avoid puppy overdose,they started humping each other,needless to say,I was pissed like hell.
then a tribal raid came,20 effing people armed with clubs and shortbows,together with a volcanic winter,I fended them off,but it was hard.next thing I know is an eclipse combined with toxic fallout has settled upon me. immediately folowed by a flashstorm. I was just sitting there,mindblown,and I decided in a split-second to ragequit,it was just too much to bear for me. the next victor seed i played was on Phoebe free-play,I just can't,can't play RR.

MeowRailroad

I started an ice sheet colony. One of my colonists, Everleigh, suggests a name for the colony, which is just a small cluster of rooms in the cold, and guess what she wants to name it?

Hialeah, which is a town in Florida with a 75-degree Fahrenheit yearly average temperature.
I decided to keep that name due to its sarcastic nature.

"Hey, how about we call this shack Hialeah, due to the lovely climate?"
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

milon

CakeOP101

I was playing Randy challenge on ice sheet, and all the guys that joined wore no pants. The colony died because I researched microelectronics instead of hydroponics...

Alpha393

I had a surgeon getting ready for an operation while I was off somewhere else planning a building. Out of the corner of my eye I see a pawn walk by in the direction of my wine cellar. When I look back to check on the surgery, I found the main surgeon passed out drunk on the next bed, and my backup surgeon finishing the operation. I have no idea what happened, because my primary surgeon had a brand new bionic hand.