Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

ERRMAHGERD SQUIRRELS ;D

the screenshot is way back from alpha7, but cracks me up everytime ^^

[attachment deleted due to age]

wh72

Not really funny but it might be

Okay so I have a bunker colony in a boreal forest (no boomrats) there is no cause for fire anywhere near me when suddenly I hear a hiss and a boom like a turret exploding and I think "well what could have caused that theres nothing on fire or anything that would start on fire for 100 cells outside my base" so I look around and as it turns out my geothermal generator decided it hated its life and blew up causing about half my batteries to explode the other half near it were on fire and it put half my bunker in darkness (I still havent fixed it as this happened late yesterday and only a few days ago in game

MyNameIsMike

This is Tater. Say hello to tater.
Tater is a man from the town of Beggar's rest stop. Every week or so he comes to my colony, sits in on a box of potatoes in my fridge for about a day, nearly dies of hypothermia, and then leaves again. I didn't know that rimworld had recurring characters, but Tater has left and returned to my map at least 3 times, always doing the same thing.

S810_Jr

Quote from: MyNameIsMike on February 24, 2015, 11:28:52 PM
This is Tater. Say hello to tater.
Tater is a man from the town of Beggar's rest stop. Every week or so he comes to my colony, sits in on a box of potatoes in my fridge for about a day, nearly dies of hypothermia, and then leaves again. I didn't know that rimworld had recurring characters, but Tater has left and returned to my map at least 3 times, always doing the same thing.

He better hope you don't get any cannibals or they may end up saying "boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew".

Panzer

Quote from: wh72 on February 24, 2015, 06:59:28 AM
and as it turns out my geothermal generator decided it hated its life and blew up causing about half my batteries to explode

Geothermals produce heat. If theres like a free enclosed tile somewhere around it the temperature will rise to like 700 C and the generator will start burning ;)
Took me a while to figure that out in alpha 8, rebuilt a generator like 3 times before I noticed that ;D

GhotiFish

So...

I just had to install a denture on one of my guinea pigs (I mean colonists). The surgery did not go as planned.

Somehow, installing a new jawbone required surgical incisions on my patient's torso, spine, and LEFT FEMUR.

It also left his brain scarred at a 3/10.

wh72

Quote from: Panzer on February 25, 2015, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: wh72 on February 24, 2015, 06:59:28 AM
and as it turns out my geothermal generator decided it hated its life and blew up causing about half my batteries to explode

Geothermals produce heat. If theres like a free enclosed tile somewhere around it the temperature will rise to like 700 C and the generator will start burning ;)
Took me a while to figure that out in alpha 8, rebuilt a generator like 3 times before I noticed that ;D
It had a cooler which was the odd thing my only theory is that one of the cave ins cause by terraforming somehow caused a fire which then exploded the generator

Lost Cause

My little 3 man colony has only just hit a year old, they managed to buy their first ever bionic eye.
It was a bit of a moment for us. We had just been attacked, our surgeon had got stabbed, the farmer had to act as a nurse to apply treatment but we captured a prisoner and we had a lot to be happy about! So right away as soon as the bionic bit lands I assign the surgery order to my construction/sniper chap.
Not what I forgot to do was unassigned my farmer from medical duty.
I get distracted forbidding things, I look back at my medical wing to see farmer bob standing ominously over the medical bed while my surgeon is in the brig chatting up the female prisoner...
I check on my snipers health and... farmer bob had just lopped his ear off!
Now I may not know much about no anatomy... but I recon you're a little to far to the left there.
so let this be a lesson. don't let farmers install prosthetics.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Apophis

This guy came to visit me. A too smart brawler with a gun equipped, he broke as soon as he became hungry :P

Mythricia

So I'm playing on my pure Builder save, which is basically just Builder storyteller on lowest difficulty.... Get to the point where I'm building a ship, having decided that some of the oldest colony members have earned their freedom. Unfortunately I'm low on silver, and having just finished building the ship structure and just waiting on an AI core, I'm sitting there saying to myself, literally, "Man, it'd be kinda cool if I got an alien ship drop thingamajig, those drop AI cores.... But no chance of that happening".

*Pause for effect*

*Thud*

Oh.

At this point I'm sat in my chair at like 4AM in the morning literally crying in laughter / disbelief.

It happened so on-cue, it was almost a bit creepy, this thing landed, and I wish I could convey just how much I am not bullsh***ing you, within 5 seconds of me finishing my mumbling thought about how it'd be cool if it happened. My camera was still positioned above the ship building area with me sitting back kinda pondering what to do.

This freakin' game.
I like bees.

Shinzy

Quote from: Mythricia on March 02, 2015, 12:20:34 AMIt happened so on-cue, it was almost a bit creepy, this thing landed, and I wish I could convey just how much I am not bullsh***ing you, within 5 seconds of me finishing my mumbling thought about how it'd be cool if it happened. My camera was still positioned above the ship building area with me sitting back kinda pondering what to do.

This freakin' game.

*smh/chuckle*
youu lucky buster!

brobe94

Lol, not sure if these sculpture stories are considered spoilers or not, but I found this one quite hilarious and disturbing.

Panzer

Haha ;D whats up with those erotic burning animals, had a burning turtle a few pages back :D

wh72

I had a squirrel that had somehow been in cryptosleep for a year because it was chronologically 2 and biologically 1 still not sure what idiot put a healthy squirrel in cryptosleep
another time i found a dude who had two childhoods

finally killed a guy with a moratar by shooting his head off while not hurting his body somehow

Coenmcj

Quote from: wh72 on March 02, 2015, 03:52:23 PM
finally killed a guy with a moratar by shooting his head off while not hurting his body somehow

Impressive marksmanship skills.
Mortar Eagle Eye.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite