Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulfik

My funniest thing so far happaned few hours ago before this post. Started a new colony, no problems but i sacrificed guns and resources for more colonists ( Prepare carefully ) and then it happaned, visitors just passing by well equiped ( while my guys are cloth shirts only + few medicines and bunch of food ) entered area passed by and stayed at the edge of the map. Didnt know why but then i found  out one of them had Dementia if I remember correctly, made him super slow. By the time he got to them they starved to death. Wasnt mad, got free ( good ) loot of armor and weapons. Later on got eaten by crazy animals. It was a good day.

Grubfist

I had a tortoise go mad shortly after starting my Rimworld adventure. I told my knife guy to attack it and it bit his hand off and incapacitated him. My scientist shot it to death with her pistol while my 4th colonist, a 79 year old nudist woman with dementia, rescued the young handless lad and got her toe bitten off in the process.

NeoDunce

The moment when, recently, I was cleaning up after dealing with an evil ship that had spat 5 centipedes, I heard an explosion in the distance.  NO! I think to the screen as I frantically zoom and pan for all my colonies worth, I SWEAR I KILLED THEM ALL. After much flicking between colonists, pausing and unpausing, I discovered the source of the noise. One of my colonists had taken it upon himself to 'hunt' an incapacitated boar with frag grenades. I watched in horror as he launched a frag grenade but feet in front of him, winced as the grenade exploded, and recoiled as shrapnel must of flew past his uncaring face. My colonist just stared at me the whole, he didn't even flinch.  Damn Luddite Rebels.

killer117

My funniest momment was when in my first rimworld colony i had my best of my original colinists. I had given him my gamertag (which is now a sort of tradition, i have one guy in every colony with my name) this guy was my best fighter and builder. I hadnt played very long and hard was still on the first 3 colinists. But then a raid attacks. So i send my guys out, and with mostly luck mannage to fight them off. But my best fighter (me) took a sniper round to the face. He was ok, he had armor so he wasnt too bad. So i rescue him and its all good. But then 2 mins later i get told my colinist has died. Now hed lost an arm to the sniper, so i had ordered my medic to give him my first bionic. But then the really crappy doctpr killed my best guy when somehow surgery failed horribly while operating on his ARM and his stomach was destroyed but surgical cuts, along with a kidney and his liver. I just sat there for a moment, and rage quit imedietly
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Coenmcj

Quote from: NeoDunce on May 21, 2015, 10:58:22 PM
The moment when, recently, I was cleaning up after dealing with an evil ship that had spat 5 centipedes, I heard an explosion in the distance.  NO! I think to the screen as I frantically zoom and pan for all my colonies worth, I SWEAR I KILLED THEM ALL. After much flicking between colonists, pausing and unpausing, I discovered the source of the noise. One of my colonists had taken it upon himself to 'hunt' an incapacitated boar with frag grenades. I watched in horror as he launched a frag grenade but feet in front of him, winced as the grenade exploded, and recoiled as shrapnel must of flew past his uncaring face. My colonist just stared at me the whole, he didn't even flinch.  Damn Luddite Rebels.
He's the kind of guy that'll go fishing with an RPG and a bucket to scoop up the pieces... They just don't give a damn.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

S810_Jr

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 25, 2015, 12:38:34 AM
Quote from: NeoDunce on May 21, 2015, 10:58:22 PM
He's the kind of guy that'll go fishing with an RPG and a bucket to scoop up the pieces... They just don't give a damn.
Aye, but having said that the flip side is he's the kind of guy that has the fish cooked before you scoop up the pieces with the bucket doing it that way ]; )

Listy

Got a rhinoceros revenge incident. My Hunter had dinged the Rhino from long range with his sniper rifle. The closest colonist to the Rhino was cloud-watching, and got a rampaging Rhino trample on him.

But he just lay there, he was VERY determined to watch those clouds. You can just imagine him turning to the Rhino "Excuse me! "ou're blocking that very curious Cumulonimbus cloud!"

Panzer

Haha yeah I had the very same experience, angry squirrel meets cloudwatcher, the critter is doing his worst and my colonist isnt even fazed, hes like "bugger off, bother someone else"  ;D

Adamiks

Quote from: muffins on September 21, 2014, 04:41:06 AM
I carefully, and expensively, build up a stash of emergency rations in case of dire need ... then my "visitors" decide to help themselves to the lot of it.

If you put your ear up close to the image, you can just about hear me scream "NOOOOOOoOoOOoooooooo!!!!"

I don't feel so bad about walling them off in a giant tomb now.

Do you spawned them? I just don't believe... I don't believe in hundreds of visitors eating your foods :D

Devon_v

Funny strange, not funny haha, but in my very first game a mad cobra somehow broke down a steel door. It was very mad, apparently. It used to live on the other side of the map, but darn if it wasn't certain that it needed to slither a mile and break down a door to attack someone it had never met.

Very next game, the one I'm playing now, a naked, 74 year old genetically engineered sex slave wanders into my camp and asks to stay. She's a great cook and a wiz at socializing. She's almost convinced the psychotic assassin who thought charging a turret with a shiv was a brilliant idea and somehow lived to kill things for us instead.

Adamiks

Quote from: Devon_v on May 25, 2015, 06:15:42 PM
Very next game, the one I'm playing now, a naked, 74 year old genetically engineered sex slave wanders into my camp and asks to stay. She's a great cook and a wiz at socializing. She's almost convinced the psychotic assassin who thought charging a turret with a shiv was a brilliant idea and somehow lived to kill things for us instead.

My god. I'm laughing now ;D She must be very hot (because she is naked ;D ;D) or just someone like "very, very old womens" ::)

I'm creating a quote from this ;D

EDIT
Max characters - 300 :'( :'(

Listy

Quote from: Devon_v on May 25, 2015, 06:15:42 PM

Once had a bloke show up asking to join my Colony. He was wearing a flasher mac, a cowboy hat and nowt else. His name was "Tosser". The mind boggles what happened.

Frankenbeasley

Alphonse the Abrasive Herbalist - I captured him during a recent raid where he got his leg blown off. I don't recruit anyone with an Abrasive trait so I did what I normally do: patched him up, fitted a peg leg, and released him. He gets about 50 metres from the gates when I can only assume his abrasive nature really shows and he kicks a squirrel to death before trogging on.

A short while later, during a periodic zoom in to the colony, I hear a bit of thumping and squeaking taking place. On panning round, I find Alphonse, near the edge of the map, standing over the corpse of another squirrel and then, for no apparent reason, he gets into a fistfight with a nearby boomrat, kicks it to death, and promptly dies in the subsequent explosion.

I'm still enjoying the joy buff that gave me.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

Adamiks

Quote from: Frankenbeasley on May 29, 2015, 09:59:48 AM
Alphonse the Abrasive Herbalist - I captured him during a recent raid where he got his leg blown off. I don't recruit anyone with an Abrasive trait so I did what I normally do: patched him up, fitted a peg leg, and released him. He gets about 50 metres from the gates when I can only assume his abrasive nature really shows and he kicks a squirrel to death before trogging on.

A short while later, during a periodic zoom in to the colony, I hear a bit of thumping and squeaking taking place. On panning round, I find Alphonse, near the edge of the map, standing over the corpse of another squirrel and then, for no apparent reason, he gets into a fistfight with a nearby boomrat, kicks it to death, and promptly dies in the subsequent explosion.

I'm still enjoying the joy buff that gave me.

He was so mad ;D

I will remember *looking for name of this colonist*... Alphonse the Abrasive Herbalist.... *RIP*

swordsman300

Kept randomizing character sheets until I had a nudist colony; within 2 minutes of being in-game, one of my colonists walks between my hunter and the squirrel he's shooting. I'm immediately horrified when I see the shot hits. Then I become more horrified as the person falls over and the word "HEADSHOT!" pops above her head. I check where he hit; He took her skull down to 1 health.