Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohb Daishi

That time I loaded up an old save and I had 27 dead bodies in the freezer but I don't remember why.

Adamiks

Quote from: Bohb Daishi on May 31, 2015, 01:08:59 AM
That time I loaded up an old save and I had 27 dead bodies in the freezer but I don't remember why.

Magic of Rimworld.

PotatoOnStick

I remember playing and one of my guys had lost a leg and was incapacitated in his bed. So after i realized this i gave him a peg leg. Which is all well and all until i realized my colonist chopped off the good leg and put a peg leg on that... To this very day he still walks around now with two peg legs.  :-\

milon

^ Was that player error, or a bad doctor?

Either way:

PotatoOnStick

Quote from: milon on June 01, 2015, 12:28:17 PM
^ Was that player error, or a bad doctor?

to keep it simple a player error i was trying to be quick about it, yet it kinda costed me...

Tcsisek

This is my first "Funny" moment I've had so far.

Earlier today, I got two visitors. When they were leaving a squirrel went
berserk and attacked them, the first visitor went to attack the squirrel with a club. After one hit that slowed the squirrel significantly, he was shot in the back twice by his friend incapacitating him. For the next 20 or so seconds the second visitor sat shooting everything but the squirrel that was limping towards her. Eventually, she acidently shot a boomrat next to the squirrel killing the squirrel, a wild boar, her incapacitated freind, and nearly taking out one of my buildings.

Grubfist

Today I had two "interesting" events happen.

First, a pirate in a siege camp went berserk. Another pirate shot him with a Triple Rocket Launcher, killing 3 other pirates who were trying to beat him down.

Second, my sniper tried to shoot a pirate who was attacking a member of an Outlander town. He missed, but hit the Outlander, shooting his head off.

Technical Ben

I may have given a rocket launcher to my soldier... who is also a hunter... after I designated a pack of deer to hunt.

I was NOT expecting that. Whooops.

Cappy

My funniest experience was when I got a huge raid of stabbing people, so I called for reinforcements. The faction called in one dude. He killed 4/5 raiders and incapped another. Best part his name is Big D. Couldn't stop think "Big dick, Big Killer"

MeowRailroad

When my potato plants were Resting. It actually said that on the little pop-up.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Lady Wolf

My funniest one so far was in the early stages of a new game when a squirrel got into my freezer and began chowing down on my hard cooked meals; so I did the reasonable thing and designated it to be hunted.

This seemed like a bright idea right up until the second it turned out to be a boom rat and my colonist shivved it to death, and the resulting explosion took out the freezer, (only wood walls) most of the food, and blew off my colonists right ear, left eye, and gave him plenty of injuries to the torso as well as a shredded head.

But it doesn't end there, I send the colonist to the med-bed to be treated, and the highest skilled doc (an 84 yr old nervous neurotic with dementia and a 2 for doctoring) somehow manages to cut off the guys leg while treating him, but hey, he survived. (if you can call it that)

Not having much use for a immobile colonist I tell the same senile doc to use our only remaining medkit to install a peg leg for the gent, resulting in a shiny new prosthetic... and a missing arm.

Not long after this Doc "cutter" wound up tunneling into a mechanoid stronghold while digging some more colony rooms, and the resulting "situation" mercifully brought about a quick end to the group before the poor patient managed to regain consciousness.

The only thing I can figure is the old guy kept forgetting what he was doing in the middle of the surgery and changed the procedure on the fly, or maybe his former job was a butcher?

jhennice18

8)boomrat going nuts. it really cracks me! oh and also i love how enemies run whenever they fail a raid! run cowards!! 8)

MeowRailroad

They run whenever they win, too, and aren't even decent enough to mercy-kill the incapacitated colonists.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Lady Wolf

Another amusing one today, I started a new colony on a large map and had things were going well, and had one of the three out hunting (on the far side of the map, the second mining silver far down south with the third guy constructing the base.

Things seem to be going well as he's installing coolers in the bedrooms due to the recent heat wave (using the traditional method of building them into walls and leaving an empty block behind the cooler for the heat to dump into.) I'm paying more attention to the miner until i get the notification one of my colonists needs treatment.

I check around and it seems the genius builder walled himself in behind the cooler and passed out from heatstroke when the 1x1 area reached 311+ F.

By the time my other two workers get home poor smitty is long since expired.

Sadly enough the steel is so scarce ont he map I can't immediately afford to disassemble the cooler to bury the poor sod, so he quietly moulders behind the wall for several months and I decide to turn the room into the jail instead given the aroma in there was likely anything but floral.

snipes

poor guy hopefully he doesn't start haunting the colony.
Just a Animation Student Nothing to see here...move along