Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

I remember the time I made ship engines inside of mountains alongside my Geo Thermals.
Then 7-8 thick front doors of solid plasteel.

I had one hole connected to the surface laced with turrets and turrety traps.
Each raider group would then drop specifically in the same spot each and every single time, the trade beacon in the hole would then be used right on the spot to send up guns/armor for silver.

I also remember a while back when you could destroy fallen ship parts with wood.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Facepunch

Friendly colony visits me early on, about 15 people total. They ate all my food and my colony starved to death.

Coenmcj

My level 20 doctor, is a bionic masterpiece, she's got a pair of bionic legs to run onto the battlefield and collect the wounded, or run from the medical shed to the hospital to get replacement limbs or meds, with our best shield so she can take as many shots as she has to getting them wounded back to base. Bionic arms so that she can operate on someone with the precision of a laser.

She had never made a mistake in her entire profession as our colony's head surgeon, then one day while replacing a prisoner's missing leg with a piece of wood she slips and accidentally cuts out not one, but both of the patient's lungs, then later that day while operating on someone who had had their stomache blown out (Mods are wonderful. c: ) I noticed that the operation was taking a few hours, so I looked at her tab and surely enough... There she is fallen head first into 'Captain's' guts and snoring away like a baby.

Today was just not Tanya's Day...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

jzero

well, this was my first or second colony and i am pretty bad. I had 4 people a refrigerator with about 2 thousand potatoes. it was a normal day until i got a message saying a local squirrel had gone mad. at this point i was still under the impression that i couldn't get screwed over by the character selection screen. So i hadn't looked at what characters i got. sooo this character had dimentia, cataracts and a one in meelee and no shooting. she subsequently got killed by the squirrel. then another character came out and was also killed. and then i got a raid message. at least seven tribals attacked and decimated my remaining two people. all the time that no longer insane squirrel was watching. and i can picture him thinking he had done a job well done (sorry 'bout the wall of text)
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Facepunch

I had a 1-man raid drop ontop of my base, once. The guy he dropped on was like a trillion years old, and had every age-related disease in the book. The guy who dropped in had a shotgun, and pretty awesome armor. But my old guy had a shank. He stabbed the guy who dropped in twice, both in the arm (Which came off), and I got him to run in circles. The guy who dropped in aimed worse than a stormtrooper, with 1 arm, and my old guy survived 10 or 11 shots. After a while, the guy's consciousness started to decline 'cus blood loss. So, I sent my old guy back in to get him. He stabbed him again, and had a mental break. He started to wander. So, the guy who dropped in shot him, atlast, with the shotgun, picked his barely alive body up, and walked out the front door with him.

DrAmazing

So I just started this colony today and I had a good laugh. Meet Gunner, Allrond, and Engie. Gunner is a medieval prick that is nothing but pure skill with guns. Allrond is as his nickname is almost: An all around to do everything. Engie was mostly constructing and repairing, but that's unimportant. After starting, I realize nobody but Engie has the ability to haul. I sigh and designate some place to build home. Arming Gunner with the survival rifle, I designate some Muffalo to be hunted. However, I kiiiiiiind of forgot that animals can revenge now. There were about 7 of the pricks, and Gunner downed two before the revenge kicked in. He got downed and the animals went for Engie and Allrond. Allrond was presumably kicking rocks around before being gored by a wall of fur and horn. Engie was able to run through the hastily made wall and forced the muffalo to go around. This gave her time to stuff the other guys in beds, but right after she got downed herself. The Muffalo decide lingering is.... good. They are now in a cycle of getting up and rescuing the last person and then getting downed again. Those Fucking spawncampers friendly animals will just stay there till the end of time, I suppose. And so ends my first Randy Random colony.
Spawncamping Muffalo are a pain in the everything.

NuclearStudent

Quote from: DrAmazing on October 19, 2015, 09:20:09 PM
So I just started this colony today and I had a good laugh. Meet Gunner, Allrond, and Engie. Gunner is a medieval prick that is nothing but pure skill with guns. Allrond is as his nickname is almost: An all around to do everything. Engie was mostly constructing and repairing, but that's unimportant. After starting, I realize nobody but Engie has the ability to haul. I sigh and designate some place to build home. Arming Gunner with the survival rifle, I designate some Muffalo to be hunted. However, I kiiiiiiind of forgot that animals can revenge now. There were about 7 of the pricks, and Gunner downed two before the revenge kicked in. He got downed and the animals went for Engie and Allrond. Allrond was presumably kicking rocks around before being gored by a wall of fur and horn. Engie was able to run through the hastily made wall and forced the muffalo to go around. This gave her time to stuff the other guys in beds, but right after she got downed herself. The Muffalo decide lingering is.... good. They are now in a cycle of getting up and rescuing the last person and then getting downed again. Those Fucking spawncampers friendly animals will just stay there till the end of time, I suppose. And so ends my first Randy Random colony.

Eventually, animals become unmaddened. In, say, half a month your colonists should be able to move around scot-free, provided that the muffalo don't tear out their eyes.

I love the name "Engie", by the way. Is that a reference to http://www.nerfnow.com/ ?

DrAmazing

Nope, never seen that. It was engineer, and I play FTL so I thought meh and named them Engie. I'm not that creative.  :P

blub01

one of my pawns eating a pizza(from a mod) under a chair right next to a table.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Reddeath96

Once had sappers attack my mountain base. The only one digging (their best shooter) ends up running into a randomly generated wall in the mountainside. He then proceeded to attack it with his weapon of choice, grenades. Assassin you say? not from what i saw.

wh72

Okay so A huge invasion came  it had about 50 (probably more) people and everyone was either heart or in a bad way (old or not a fighter) when it came to battle except one guy named lucian, I then realise I have a ton of chickens so I'm like "SMITHERS, RELEASE THE CHICKENS" and about 300 chickens swarm the enemies and one poor fool tries to stab one and they start attacking, unfortunately they don't kill all the enemies and there's about 30 left, I say "SMITHERS, RELEASE LUCIAN" I was running some mods at the time and there was one that added a a ton of bionics so lucina was swift as a coursing river (two advanced bionic legs), with all the force of a great typhoon (Railgun MK3), with all the strength of a raging fire (two advanced power arms), mysterious as the dark side of the moon (bionic eyes, advanced ai chip and a painstopper), So he went out there and immediately kills like 3 guys with the rail gun by shooting their bodies off, then he gets in melee range and decapitates 2 of them before they even notice, when they notice he kills about 10 more using his power arms then they start to flee, he then chases all of them down and not one escapes, Lucian didnt have a single scratch and I got rid of my chicken problem.

Also another time my 20 doctor with bionic eyes and arms again accidentally removed someones spine their heart their legs and a arm while installing a pegleg.

DrAmazing

Quote from: wh72 on October 24, 2015, 07:48:28 PM
Okay so A huge invasion came  it had about 50 (probably more) people and everyone was either heart or in a bad way (old or not a fighter) when it came to battle except one guy named lucian, I then realise I have a ton of chickens so I'm like "SMITHERS, RELEASE THE CHICKENS" and about 300 chickens swarm the enemies and one poor fool tries to stab one and they start attacking, unfortunately they don't kill all the enemies and there's about 30 left, I say "SMITHERS, RELEASE LUCIAN" I was running some mods at the time and there was one that added a a ton of bionics so lucina was swift as a coursing river (two advanced bionic legs), with all the force of a great typhoon (Railgun MK3), with all the strength of a raging fire (two advanced power arms), mysterious as the dark side of the moon (bionic eyes, advanced ai chip and a painstopper), So he went out there and immediately kills like 3 guys with the rail gun by shooting their bodies off, then he gets in melee range and decapitates 2 of them before they even notice, when they notice he kills about 10 more using his power arms then they start to flee, he then chases all of them down and not one escapes, Lucian didnt have a single scratch and I got rid of my chicken problem.

Also another time my 20 doctor with bionic eyes and arms again accidentally removed someones spine their heart their legs and a arm while installing a pegleg.

"Accidentally" removed their heart, their legs, an arm, and their spine. Did the peg leg guy steal the doctor's sweet roll?

blub01

you could've just sold them to trader(the chickens). and then bought a gazillion persona cores or the most awesome equipment ever.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

wh72

Quote from: blub01 on October 25, 2015, 03:35:53 AM
The issue is no trader had enough the most I could ever sell was 100ish

you could've just sold them to trader(the chickens). and then bought a gazillion persona cores or the most awesome equipment ever.

milon

I was panning around the map at night and saw something memorable:

An male alpaca spooning a male squirrel.  Yes, both were sleeping on the same tile.  A few yards away was another odd sight - a female squirrel sleeping on the remains of a dead boomalope. 

Squirrels seem to have ... interesting preferences...