Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zathura

Funny in a "huh, that's cool" kinda way.

Had my first colonist death (where they weren't accidentally cremated). Poor guy was one of my better fighters and a decent crafter, and got downed by a single headshot from a sniper-rifle wielding pirate.

I decided to build him a sarcophagus, and it's "art" description was a scene of him being slaughtered, lol. I assume that sarcophagi operate on the same randomness as the rest of the art. If they automatically depict colonist deaths, then forgive me.

Another time, I had a single scyther drop in near the entrance to my base, out of range of my killbox. Fortunately, everyone was inside, except....wait....is that one of my pet deer?

I gather a quick militia together to exit the base from a second entrance and distract the scyther while my deer escapes, having survived an extended onslaught of charge-rifle shots with only a missing front leg to show for it.

She survived, and has since given birth to two healthy bucks. XD

Mmgfrcs

Well here's my 7 days of death (because of mods, but I think this still count) in Alpha 12d

Day 1
Well at 1st day - as new players do - started building rooms and assigning what to do by each colonist. I sent Bill - my careful shooter colonist with 15 at shooting - to hunt some animals during the first day. I tagged every animal on the map to be hunted, so I'm quite unaware of what's being selected. I saw elks on my base's 4, so I thought maybe he will go there

BOOM!

I was surprised to hear that a few game hours later along with "Colonist needs rescue" message flashing on my right. Well at this point you should be able to identify what animal he hunted: the freaking BOOMALOPES! I quickly said "WHY DID YOU HUNT THE FREAKING BOOMALOPES FIRST when there's elks closer to the base???" Well getting back, he was downed and around 7 of them went charging to my base. Thank god I have a colonist with "Barrager" trait along with "Perfection Shooter" (which both I made myself as a new mod) but with only 6 shooting so I could shoot one of the Boomalopes. One explosion of the boomalopes caused a chain reaction, killing the other 6 in a short time. Everything went normal afterwards

Day 2
Goddamit!
Exactly at the next day, at 5 in the morning, yesterday's massacre wasn't over as I haven't extinguished the fires yet (well there's not enough time to do that as constructions and doctoring took a lot of time). So I told the barrager Ellie (that's her name) to extinguish as the other one (Brian, cannot extinguish fire but good at medical) took care of Bill. That day I quickly deselected the hunting selection. The fire extinguishing took the whole day, so that's the only thing I did that day

Day 3
Yay and nay at the same day
I got a new colonist (Wanderer joins event), but unfortunately he's 70 and... well, bad backs, cataracts, dementia. Legs... 50% Moving, the surviving legs have scars so Moving was down to 30% and movement speed went to 0.33 (Nay)

Another warning flashed and it was a raid, a small one and it came from where the new colonist spawned. They attacked the old man and kidnapped him (Yay)

Back to my colony, Bill has an infection on one of his legs, extinguishing continued
But then... oh no. That couldn't happen! The manhunter pack event and it spawned 4 wargs!
Retreated every colonist inside, hoping that the event passed on
But it didn't

Day 4-5
Without any preparations of food, the colonist soon starve so I pulled Ellie out to attack the wargs. With some clever idea I managed to kill all of them, but leaving her injured (Health tab was full) so now 2 were injured. I managed to rescue her but...
NO MEDICINES!
Yes, no medicines! Seriously, I used all of it to keep the infection from escalating (Just figured that out the other day that higher treat quality = lower infection develop speed) as the doctoring skill alone wasn't sufficient, so he manually treated her. She developed an infection just before the last wound has been treated. His construction skill mean that I could construct a butcher table and a cook stove pretty quickly. I opened the production menu and realized...
NO STEEL!
S**t! I haven't realized that no one was mining in all the chaos! AND THE MOUNTAINS WAS FREAKING MILES AWAY! No comms set up, so no trade and I don't have any other options other than mining. The day was spent for mining, but it wasn't enough
So mining continued the next day after treating infections. I let Bill out to increase his mood and do joy things, but then i remembered the FIRES! Haven't extinguished all of them and there's no rain in all these days!

A cobra has been enraged and all other animals have been as well!

That REALLY did happen. 3 Cobras, 3 Hares, 2 squirrels, 1 elk and 2 Boomrats, for exact.
SHOOT! SHOOT! BILL!
He didn't do what he's supposed to do, seriously and I don't know why until...
Restricted.
Unset the restrictions, but then the animals were attacking Brian and he was too far away by the time I realized this. He put up a fight, only to be killed by the Boomrats later on after it exploded close to him. Wanderer join event went on again and Tony joined. Checking his character, he was a better doctor and that's about what he can do (shooting/melee at 1) so he spent the time healing others

Day 6
Next day is another doctoring and unfortunately Bill's infection was extreme and immunity was at 44%, so amputated his leg. Told him to collect the mined steel. Rain (fortunately) happened overnight, dousing the fire. Good news so far, but then Bill didn't come back. Saw his Health and he was unconscious from malnutrition. I told Tony to pick it up instead, but his construction was so low that it took ages to construct a thing. No one has a good construction (Ellie's at 0 and he's also at 0), so I let him do his thing while telling Ellie to rescue

Severe Illness
Now the dead part kicked in. Malnutrition killed Bill and Ellie went back to her bed, having finished the construction. Butchering was also slow but it managed to yield. Ellie was given the meat (raw) and just a few game hours later, she went berserk (really?). It was evening already by the way. He attacked her only to be downed.

Day 7
She recovered the next morning  and before she even got any chance of rescuing, she's dead of her infection. You know what happened next, right? Tony died at the same day
GAME OVER

Worst game ever, but I gained a lot of laughs and stresses during the game

rodney_rodnerson

Quote from: Shinzy on August 06, 2014, 06:31:41 PM
...I had to wall off the sight to the battlezone to keep my survivors sane

"What's that wall for Steve?"

"WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE WALL!"

Limdood

Played a game on RR extreme.

Colony of 5 fights off an early manhunter pack and raid...we win with no deaths, but an arm and a bunch of missing fingers/toes.

Poison ship...oh HELL NO!  Not touching that.  Not with these colonists.

Damsel in distress event.  I always accept if they're 45 or under.  Painful, I get 3 of my colonists killed or kidnapped leaving me with 3 (2 original, plus the damsel)

Another raid, its gonna be extinction.  I desperately send someone over to ping the poison ship and all 3 of my pawns run away.  Mechs slaughter the raid, unfortunately without taking much losses.  2 scythers and a centipede proceed to wipe out my still-wooden base while my 3 colonists hang out across the map trying to turn an abandoned structure into a little hovel.  I get a few wood beds, a small stockpile set up and keep my guys fed for 2 days, when...

...ANOTHER raid!  I run them into the mechs again, and this time the pirates win.  We run out to valiantly try to meet the remainder in combat.  Outnumbered 5 to 3 and fighting them off with a knife, frag grenade and survival rifle...

...we win!  hooray for manual grenade throwing!  2 of my pawns are shot up bad....we're heading back to "base" to treat them.  I can finally get the game...well...restarted i guess, since those raids basically knocked me back to the equivalent of day 3.

Get the 2 in bed, start poorly treating them...BERSERK!  the pawn with the survival rifle goes berserk and kills the other injured pawn, before being put down (forever) by the healthy pawn.

At this point, my sole remaining survivor has just had it.  He's seen too much, he knows Robby Random is an asshole that will just send another huge raid in a day to kill him.  So he slowly limps over to the grenades, equips them, pulls the pin, and sets one down at his feet...

Thus endeth my first Robby Random Extreme game.

...god i love this game.

MeowRailroad

"A Thrumbo is passing through. The hide and horn are extremely valuable."
Extremely valuable? Well, I guess I will kill it. It just murdered my melee 13 colonist and knocked out my other 2. WHY didn't I tame it? Now there's an OP idea. If you could release that on raiders, a big tribal raid would take 10 seconds to be over.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

NuclearStudent

Quote from: MeowRailroad on November 12, 2015, 06:16:52 PM
Extremely valuable? Well, I guess I will kill it. It just murdered my melee 13 colonist and knocked out my other 2. WHY didn't I tame it? Now there's an OP idea. If you could release that on raiders, a big tribal raid would take 10 seconds to be over.

Hah, yeah.

When I met my first thrumbo, I looked at the description of "very dangerous" and just went mental on that thing. I spent time planning out the perfect assault with machine gunners supporting light rifle infantry and last ditch grenadiers to sacrifice themselves if need be.

Well, a couple of machine gun bursts in the thrumbo just keeled over and died. Anticlimax.

I figured then that thrumbos must be stupid and weak and not at all what they were cracked up to be. The next time thrumbos came over, I sent my colonist Ann to seduce them. Ann was violated and left to die alone in the snow. Some time later, a colonist made a sculpture of her rape and dismemberment, and I vowed to execute any further thrumbos on sight.

After I put this policy in place, a thrumbo went into man hunter mode and auto recruited himself. He walked through all my doors and we somehow managed to subdue him with melee. The treehugging bastard didn't survive his arrest, but we would have tortured him real good if he had.

Also note that when you build a wall around a thrumbo herd, they are smart enough to bust down the doors to leave.

MeowRailroad

This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

DigitalCore

Don't send your colonists hunting with grenade launchers. ESPECIALLY if you have other colonists hunting the same pack of Rimdogs.

>Colonist needs rescue
'Huh?'
>Iris
>Luna
>Hawk
>Jen
>4/7 down
'WHAT?'
>scroll over to Rimdog pack
>And there's Doc, with a smug look on his face, still plugging grenades across the field.
'DOC WHAT THE HELL'

The irony that he was my go-to medicine man was not lost on me.
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

MeowRailroad

So on my second raid (PDW, sniper rifle, and incendiary grenades) All my colonists die except for Harrier. I have him extinguish fires and he goes to extinguish one of the small ones, and he touches it and it instantly kills him.

blub01

Quote from: MeowRailroad on November 12, 2015, 06:16:52 PM

basically impossible to tame tho, and it eats A LOT. you can luckily feed it trees, but that is the only good part about it apart from it's fighting capabilities.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

little gaming

well i don't know if this is "funny" but here it is

that explains it all  :D
if you see this you will see the this message is useless...

thank you for your time

MeowRailroad

hyperkiller

Quote from: little gaming on November 20, 2015, 02:47:02 AM
well i don't know if this is "funny" but here it is

that explains it all  :D

so.... i think you tried to link the picture which dosnt work like that, you needed to upload that picture

convictvx

A while back on my first game ever i was managing work settings of my 7 person colony when suddenly something in my stomach yelled 'HEY i have to get out of here, i'm comming up'. Yes i had to puke so i hit spacebar to pause the game and run to the bathroom. After being done comming back to my pc only to see my colonists were killed. I asked my stepson what happened and he replied: about 10 persons who's names were red entered the map and they killed all of your people. I asked hem if i didn't pause the game before leaving and he said no, it was paused while u were doing those job settings and u hit play when u left for the toilet. Kind of mad at myself i asked him why he didn't pause the game for me then. A respond i didn't excepted: cause it was too funny seeing ur ppl die.  :-\

1st game in A12 with animal taming i tought it would be nice to have a boomrat army so i decided to tame all of them on the map, weren't that much (i believe around 11 of them) and train them in obedience and release. Then i tought that they needed a leader and tamed 1 boomalope. Then finally i could test that 'army' as a 15 man raid came in. Got them on a distance to my base and i decided to realease the boom-army only to get the boomalope getting killed killing all the boomrats in his fire. From then i never tamed a boomalope or boomrat anymore as i think it is pretty pointless.

S810_Jr

Quote from: convictvx on November 22, 2015, 08:17:40 PM
1st game in A12 with animal taming i tought it would be nice to have a boomrat army so i decided to tame all of them on the map, weren't that much (i believe around 11 of them) and train them in obedience and release. Then i tought that they needed a leader and tamed 1 boomalope. Then finally i could test that 'army' as a 15 man raid came in. Got them on a distance to my base and i decided to realease the boom-army only to get the boomalope getting killed killing all the boomrats in his fire. From then i never tamed a boomalope or boomrat anymore as i think it is pretty pointless.

Oooo that gives me an idea!
Tame boom*s.
Have an inner wall to the base.
Have an outer wall to the base.
Have the boom*s live in the space between.
There would be entry gaps North, South, East, West for raiders to just "walk" in.... through a moving mine field.

Have the entry gaps of the inner and outer wall offset so the raiders have to walk a bit in the moving mine field of course. O'h and for the love of gawd, NOT WOOD WALLS!