Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

that would solve the problem of stationary mines, too.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

MeowRailroad

I had a self-tamed boomalope, so I had it go to a 1-tile animal area at the edge of the map. The best part is that a shiv raider attacked it and I thought it would blow up and die, killing the shiv raider, but it actually killed the raider through melee attacks. I think it got an infection or died or starved or wandered off.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

milon

Quote from: S810_Jr on November 27, 2015, 05:41:58 PM
Oooo that gives me an idea!
Tame boom*s.
Have an inner wall to the base.
Have an outer wall to the base.
Have the boom*s live in the space between.
There would be entry gaps North, South, East, West for raiders to just "walk" in.... through a moving mine field.

Have the entry gaps of the inner and outer wall offset so the raiders have to walk a bit in the moving mine field of course. O'h and for the love of gawd, NOT WOOD WALLS!

If you want to completely ignore the raiders, use Open Doors instead of gaps.  It'll trap some of the heat, and eventually hit a temperature where raiders & mechs spontaneously combust.  ;D

Shurp

Woa, this sounds cool -- can you set up a perpetually burning stone cooridor wall around your base?  I wonder how you can throw more fuel in there to keep it going...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Limdood

Quote from: Shurp on December 10, 2015, 06:43:58 PM
Woa, this sounds cool -- can you set up a perpetually burning stone cooridor wall around your base?  I wonder how you can throw more fuel in there to keep it going...

Thats easy!  just release prisoners or have colonists "go for a walk"

what?

why is everyone looking at me like that?

S810_Jr

If the area is long enough (around the base it should be) wouldn't the grass and trees regrow by the time the fire has made it all the way around?

What about pumping hot air in via Geothermal, coolers and vents to keep it hot in there so anything entering would just burst into flames? Could that work too?

blub01

Quote from: S810_Jr on December 11, 2015, 07:26:51 AM

If the area is long enough (around the base it should be) wouldn't the grass and trees regrow by the time the fire has made it all the way around?

What about pumping hot air in via Geothermal, coolers and vents to keep it hot in there so anything entering would just burst into flames? Could that work too?

or you just use heaters.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

milon

If it's hot enough to spontaneously combust raiders then it's unlikely that plants would grow (out of growing range). Heaters might work, as long as they don't combust. And as long as the power doesn't go down. Hmm...

S810_Jr

Quote from: milon on December 12, 2015, 06:55:59 AM
If it's hot enough to spontaneously combust raiders then it's unlikely that plants would grow (out of growing range). Heaters might work, as long as they don't combust. And as long as the power doesn't go down. Hmm...

Sorry, yeah those were 2 different ideas for it, either growing or pumping hot air in.

May even get lucky with a geothermal spot (or 2) right near where you want to put "death valley". Block it in and get those coolers working overtime! Will need some trial and error on the size of the "room" for the geothermal not to insta-melt before the hot air is pumped out though.

blub01

Quote from: milon on December 12, 2015, 06:55:59 AM

I didn't know heaters are combustible. can coolers catch fire, too? otherwise, there would be a pretty simple workaround.

milon

Here's a few good ones:

Yes, the thrumbo trap is contrived, but I still chuckle when I see it.  For the curious, yes, the thrumbo horn landed outside the trap when it finally starved.

And that rhino was a bit terrifying, but we got it!  Note the bleed rate.  ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

EarthyTurtle

Funniest thing in the game? Well for that we will definitely have to quote Randy Random in one of the greatest stories he has made for me! :D

For starters, background on my colony. It's a year in, built onto the face of a cliff with a mine into the mountain for resources. I didn't have anything resembling a 'killbox' or any established defense, So when Manhunting packs of Wargs came blundering into my part of the world I did a minor panic and sealed myself in to wait them out. About 20ish good wargs all primed and ready for a feed.

But not a day goes by ingame and suddenly the game changes. A Siege occurred from a local pirate gang. So now I'm thinking "DRAT! I can't even get out there to pre-emptively strike." Needless to say the Wargs were more interested in me that in the raiders. So legitimately all I could do was sit there and take a pounding for a couple of days.

Now it gets interesting. I get a call from a rather friendly neighboring colony saying "We'll help you!' and a good 6 troopers wander in. Great! But the Wargs forgot about me and instead turned their attention to my friendly neighbors! Almost immediately a tribal attack happens and they run into the pirates besieging my base!

Now as if this wasn't funny enough, a psyche drone ship happens to crash into the centre of the map. My first thought is, whomever survives this is going to end up attacking me after this conflict, so I shoot the ship part and release a good number of droids that stood between me and these armies.

Bottom line, It's basically a battle of the 5 armies with me just sitting in my base, with a couple of holes in some buildings, watching this all out war play out in my backyard. Genetically modified animals, mechas, Super soldiers, natives. It was a pretty sweet nativity.

jzero

squirrels killed two of my colonists and incapped  another in one in-game.then a tribal raid happened and the squirrels killed four of them before getting killed themselves.

I just keep thinking that the tribals came expecting to attack my colonists but instead got seiged by squirrels until they retreated after killing them and being shot at by my snipers.

it was pretty great.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

blub01

so, one of my colonists just got sick. of the flu. and the plague. at once. lol, didn't even know that was possible.

Sens

Tribals meet Turret  :o ;D 8) : (Colony wealth 1,55 mio, year 5515) :)

Cant even count how many of them are there anymore...  ;)