Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Apparently thats the easiest way to kill Thrumbos :D

Though, it seems he dont drop his horn if killed that way, sadly... :C

DepOpt

My current colony has given me a few good moments already, and it's only coming up to it's 3rd year.

For starters, for the first couple of seasons my colony was, by pure chance, entirely female. Then, a man shows up. It's a 65 year old asthmatic gay man. It took nearly 2 years for another male colonist to join, and they are still the only men in what is now an 11 person colony. But that pales in comparison to the combination of events that we've gone through.

First we had what can only be described as some sort of apocalypse, with a combination Toxic Fallout (lasted nearly half the first year), Eclipse (lasted at least 2-3 days) and Dry Thunderstorm all at once, followed by a Mechanoid raid whilst the fallout continued. Had to snipe them from doorways for 2 days till we finally got them all. Just as my colony is starting to go a little stir crazy from being cooped up for so long, a manhunter pack arrived. A manhunting pack of... Elephants...

I cackle, thinking that they will shortly go the same way every other animal on the map has gone, and die off soon enough. And then the fallout ends. Leaving me with jobs in desperate need of doing outside, and a bunch of angry elephants waiting outside the door. Elephants are hard to kill...

As I tidy up the blood and corpses we have a trade caravan. Thank fuck, we need supplies. And oh look, another one. Wait, aren't your two factions enemies? The trade caravans then proceeded to have a pitched battle outside my base, with me happily picking up the loot dropped by both sides. One particular greatbow got looted from the fight, sold to a group of travellers who had also picked now to say hello, then sold to the surviving trade caravan after they rampaged over the travelling group.

Then we had the typical day to day things that make Rimworld great over summer. People having mental breaks and stripping in the freezer, casual prisoner abuse, injured baby pet cougars. You know, the usual.

Then, around early autumn, the sky darkens. It's a volcanic winter. I start prepping, shearing the muffalo and stockpiling food. Fall turns to winter, and then a cold snap happens. I'm in a temperate forest. It's supposed to average maybe 5C over winter. It's -30C outside... Luckily my main hunter is wearing a muffalo wool parka, and is accompanied by a polar bear and a grizzly bear, both weathering the cold easily. That's when the pack arrives. Wargs. About 20 of them. They tear up the turrets as my colonists bar the doors. Having survived one apocalypse, Cassandra has switched tack is is going old school. Winter without end, great wolves outside. This is Fimbulwinter. This is Ragnarok. My own warg is the only animal both trained to haul and tough enough to go out there, the labrador being too weak to deal with the occasional nips and scratches from the maddened pack, and he brings in the corpses as my other pet predators (bears, cougars) hunt the wargs for their own food.

The long winter drags on, and as a cold spring breaks, the pack has been reduced from 20 to 3. We venture back outside, though it's still too cold to plant crops, and set to work cleaning the INSANE amount of blood that has been tracked around the base by bleeding wargs. As the weather warms up, and the long volcanic freeze ends, we get out next big suprise. Another manhunter pack. This time it's boomalopes... *sigh*

And then another. More Elephants. At this point, I wonder if I have somehow recreated Boatmurded. The land is that same wasted landscape from repeated forest fires, the art in my colony is getting creepier each time, and I have apparently angered the elephants.

Nothing great since then, another typical summer. Short circuits, more raids, strange ship parts crashing /right/ when I did need more steel. Combination hits of blight, then malaria, when my herbal meds have nearly run out...

Though things are looking up for the colony. Our latest recruit has an interesting background. A spoilt child, having had a life of safety, education and art, then kidnapped and used as a test dummy for several years. She now has great melee, pretty good shooting, and a lingering fondness for artistic things. My colony has been joined by River Tam...

Tl;dr: Colony of predator taming amazons, Two flavours of apocalypse, strong Boatmurdered vibes, and River fucking Tam.
Ignore this notice

milon

That's awesome!  Can't wait to hear how "all burn" starts, and the description of the remaining artwork.  :D

The best thing I've seen so far in A13 is my ice sheet game with Randy.  I guess I like getting trolled.

Meet Lord.  He's a night owl hunter/builder kind of guy, but he'll do pretty much any handyman job I ask him to.  Meet Cat, Lord's sister.  She mines, she crafts, she gardens, she doctors, and she researches.  She basically does everything.  Cat is awesome!  Cat likes other girls.  Meet Anna.  She cooks, she cleans, she keeps up relations with the neighbors.  Anna is a hard worker, and often goes unthanked.

Poor Anna - the target of her ex-husband Lord's inability to let go of the past.  Poor Anna - the target of her ex-husband's attractions.  Poor Anna - the one who must provide "soylent green" to keep them feed on this barren icy rock they live on.  Anna considers the sweet release of suicide, but can't quite seem to go through with it.  She threatens to leave, but she's never been able to work up the courage.  She actually tried to poison the food once or twice, but only made Lord vomit disgustingly all over her clean floors.  Just as she was giving up hope, caravans of traders started arriving.  Maybe they would have food!  But no, they were weapons dealers - warlords in Anna's mind - who repeatedly stole from Anna's fridge.  Anna sighed, rolled up her sleeves, and got back to work.  Anna is steadfast.

Seriously - I get near constant notifications that Anna is about to crack, and she hasn't even had a soft break yet.  Anna is a rock!  The colony has butchered and eaten every animal, spacer, and downed raider for food, and they're barely getting by.  The power keeps going offline, so the hydroponics keeps going down.  But nothing can quite put them over the edge.  It's great!

mumblemumble

A Colonist who had hard-worker and VERY neurotic traits... Very interesting combo.

They could mine like NOBODY ELSE (10 mining skill, plus both bonuses, she could mine 2 times as fast as others almost) And was the goto whenever anything needed done fast. That said, tiny stessors really set her off all the time. Half my artwork involved her either picking fights and losing, or her going into a daze, which, every time without fail she would strip naked during...

She kind of became my mascot in a way, in that she was seldom a goto pawn, but was definitely memorable pawn.

Also, rolling sensory mechanites on a masochist mafia boss.. She got a mood boost through it all, even for severe pain, and got a performance bonus making her an astounding shot. I actually micromanaged it so NOBODY treated her unless there was an open wound, as I wanted it to last. I was sad when it was gone.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Kreuzberger

A 16 year old male colonist with the following setup: nudist, ugly and gay...

mumblemumble

Quote from: Kreuzberger on April 16, 2016, 06:52:29 PM
A 16 year old male colonist with the following setup: nudist, ugly and gay...
If the pawn had brain damage ontop of all that, it would be just TOO perfect.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

kahdeg

Just recruit a scientist. She can't do research XD.

Panzer

So it just happened that my crafter, Rory, and his fiancee, Paulette, decided to marry. All colonists were on their way to the ceremony and in the meantime, Paulette decided to have some beers, 5 to be exact, she has an chemical interest.
The ceremony was about to start when the pissdrunk bride decided to puke all over the floor while making her way to the altar xD
Almost died laughing. She decided to have another beer afterwards and puked again during the party. She really did know how to party hard! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Element4ry

I think I just hit the ceiling of hilarity. Most useless colonist I've ever seen, Her Majesty Impossibly Useless Queen:

But behold! Here's the plot twist, her sister which is pretty good at everything:

·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

Vaporisor

With the new predators, I was chuckling right after update.  I was on a map with a high population of predators it seemed.  But those predators liked going after tortoises.  Was enjoying the free bear and cougar harvests as they kept dying from infections resulting from fighting with a turtle....
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Limdood

Element4ry, i got the convent child sheriff once as a cry for help join....i checked the stats...then just drafted her and left her on the edge of the map for the pirates to rekidnap.

dwmitch

The funniest thing I've seen so far was an extremely incompetent grenadier. When I was melee attacking two of her allies she started lobbing grenades. They hit so that my colonists weren't impacted but she destroyed her comrades. I had another colonist in a shootout with her remaining associate and I sent the two melee fighters to help out there. The grenadier missed again, hit a boomalope, and it was positioned in such a way that the explosion missed my colonists but the raider burned to death.

After the gunman was dead the grenadier took off running. I tried to take her down so I could get her grenades but we were already pretty close to the edge of the map so she got away.

Vaporisor

A new gooder.  Operation to remove a lung from a pirate so I can heal up a colonist.  Medical 20 doc goes in, and kills the pirate with a catastrophic failure by accidentally removing his leg.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

linkfanpc

Poison ship piece falls near my little base, and when i try to attack it with my meager 8 little guys i knew the mechers were too much. I immediately called my friends, City-at-the-mountain, to bring in some reinforcements, and BIG SURPRISE! They're at the other end of the map. By the time they reach the poison ship piece there are dead mechanoids and bleeding colonists everywhere. So, yeah. I killed all mechs and destroyed the ship before the dumb slow-pokes got there.

GREAT TIMING IDIOTS!
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

The-MathMog

Quote from: Panzer on April 17, 2016, 02:37:50 PM
So it just happened that my crafter, Rory, and his fiancee, Paulette, decided to marry. All colonists were on their way to the ceremony and in the meantime, Paulette decided to have some beers, 5 to be exact, she has an chemical interest.
The ceremony was about to start when the pissdrunk bride decided to puke all over the floor while making her way to the altar xD
Almost died laughing. She decided to have another beer afterwards and puked again during the party. She really did know how to party hard! ;D
Might be the best one I've read so far! Brilliant man! Had be a good laugh!