Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekarus

Recently, I had a simple little colony going, I'd managed to box in some rich soil in an arid wasteland and had cooled it to an acceptable degree along with the colony. Things were looking good, I was just starting to install sunlamps when I got a notification that a colonist was wandering in a drug induced haze.

Now, I'm running the RimPharma mod, and it turns out that the colony's pet dog had managed to get into medical storage and eat around 20 units of some high-grade pain killer that causes auditory hallucinations. Needless to say, the dog was in high orbit at this point. I set an area that the dog was allowed in and continued on trying to get the greenhouse working.

A week or so had gone by (in game) and the dog was still out of it's gourd considerably so, or had managed to get into the drugs again. But I had a bigger problem, a power conduit blew in a "Bzzt..." event.

This set the dog on fire.

The dog, still in orbit, was not remotely phased by this, and while my colonists were busy putting the farm out, the dog wandered about, slowly becoming more on fire. Minutes had passed and my colonists were still unable to get the fire under control because of the new found hellhound wandering the farm in no pain what so ever. I attempted to get one of the colonists to put the dog out, or move it, but neither worked out too well. The dog did eventually become unable to move, simply because it's legs burned off, but it did manage to burn the colony down before doing so.

Moral of the story? Lock up your crazy power painkillers better.

Kraehe

I was bored and tried if it is possible to create relationships between animals/animals and colonists/animals with the dev mode... now one of my Wargs has an affair with a colonist >_>

linkfanpc

Quote from: Kraehe on May 03, 2016, 10:01:04 AM
I was bored and tried if it is possible to create relationships between animals/animals and colonists/animals with the dev mode... now one of my Wargs has an affair with a colonist >_>

"FLUFFYBUNS, WE AREN'T A THING ANYMORE!!!!!"
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

Ekarus

Had a pretty decent colony going, around 20 colonists and had managed to find a colonist with my name. All was good. After a particularly bad Mechanoid attack I decided I should have a plan F. Spent a great deal of my resources, sold off some weapons, statues, and other things to build an escape ship.

Sure enough, a massive Mechanoid attack happened.

Woke everyone up, had them all pile into the ship, and launched it. Just as the screen started fading to white I noticed something.

A very hung-over, very confused colonist wandering out of the freezer.

"The following colonists were left behind: Ekarus Ryndren"

Not exactly funniest, but it made me laugh.

Gelswolf

I had a small colony called The Away Team. (A13)

Captain Janeway, Officer Chakotay (her brother) and The Doctor. We were joined by Tom Paris, Mr Tuvok and rescued B'Elanna Torres.

First off, Chakotay was always borderline stressed out so he was put on forced joy activity in the hopes it would ease his suffering. Useless pawn is useless.
Then I noticed B'Elanna Torres was competing with him for the most lame psychotic colony member. She was put on forced joy activities too, delicate petal was just as useless.

The Captain was the calmest and hardest working member of the team making her my most valuable resource, until The Doctor decided to make a romatic pass at her.
I get a notification saying there is a fight between two pawns so I jump location to see the two of them beating the stuffing out of one another. Apparently he thought no meant yes.

I could not stop them so I sent her Brother to stand between the two which broke up the fight.
Now I had a wounded Doctor in a bed with a broken heart and a Captain in the next room with a broken spine. They had to be fed by Chakotay which upset him so much he spent the entire day playing "one man chess."

So they slowly heal and things appear normal enough until we get Tuvok.
He is unable to do dumb labor and is an amazing shot as well as a great researcher but...he is a diehard nudist.

I have a crippled Captain.
A psycho Doctor.
A nude Vulcan who hates being around other people.
A half Klingon / Human who is always dazed and can be found easily by her trail of clothing.

Then we have Tom...

He is liked by everyone but has such a huge ego that he tries to take on a male couger with a plasteel knife. Thank you Tom, because of you we have a field full of wounded pawns and no one to rescue them.

The only good thing to come of this situation was the sudden raid that Randy decided we needed right at the most critical moment. They attacked the base and found a field full of dying pawns so kidnapped the Doctor and made off with him.

I swear I heard Captain Janeway shout "thank you" as they headed back home.

This is the best game I have ever played!

milon

Voyager role play in RimWorld, I love it!  ;D

Thanks for sharing!  I think you just made my day!

Pan7h3r

Randy threw a siege and 2 raids at me at the same time and I was only able to get one of the raids to flee before they wiped my entire colony out.. however during the slaughter I got notification that a wanderer had come to join my colony, his name was Norman.

I got Norman to pick up a survival rifle and start taking shots at the sieging raiders and whilst that was going on, one of my colonies Huskies got attacked by the remaining raiding party, he turned around and started fighting back. He managed to kill one of them and that prompted the raiders to run away! Whilst this was going on, Norman managed to cause the sieging raiders to flee!

My entire colony was wiped out but a random called Norman and one of the huskies I had managed to fight off a raiding party and an enemy siege.

A bit of self plugging but I had the entire thing recorded if you want to see the cluster**** unfold - see channel in sig.
I do RimWorld Lets Plays if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmldyg_oxpG0zCFxOEi4ZQ

Vaporisor

So technically.... The colony wasn't wiped out.... :3
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Listen1

My wife started playing Rimworld, and her doctor started failing to put a peg leg, cutting of limbs, making the patiente bleed, she said in frustration "Is this doctor blind?"
I started laughing, but on the secound thought...
"Wait, he can really be blind!"

One eye shot out and the other one with a scar from a squirel. I lol'd pretty hard

Vaporisor

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on May 16, 2016, 06:35:01 AM
My wife started playing Rimworld, and her doctor started failing to put a peg leg, cutting of limbs, making the patiente bleed, she said in frustration "Is this doctor blind?"
I started laughing, but on the secound thought...
"Wait, he can really be blind!"

One eye shot out and the other one with a scar from a squirel. I lol'd pretty hard

I had never thought that manipulation and eyesight would affect surgeries.  I learned after wondering why my dual powerclaw lvl 20 doctor kept making oopses...
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Lakuna

fsovercash

1. My dog was incapped in a fight with pirates. After the fight, my animal handler fed a dead pirate to the dog while it recuperated.
2. A thrumbo walked into the crossfire of a fight between me and some pirates. He killed all of us.
3. I was trying a colony on an ice sheet just for yucks. A lifepod crashed and I rescued to survivor. She recovers and tries to leave during a cold snap, and passes out from hypothermia. I rescue her again. She recovers and tries to leave again. The second time she dies from hypothermia. Guess some people got to get home no matter what the weather is.

Lakuna

Quote from: Kraehe on May 03, 2016, 10:01:04 AM
You should use the dev mode and click "start marriage ceremony".
The warg and colonist should have a marriage wherever you put your marriage spot.

milon

Listen1

Did someone actually try it?

Debuff - My ex-husband married a muffalo,