Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lex096

My sniper "accidentally" killed his rival(colonist) who is running(fleeing) around the middle of the firefight.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Sepkan on August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM
The funniest thing I have seen was my R-4 wielding, power armor wearing 16 shooting and melee skill assassin get killed by a squirrel.
So, one day a prison break happened, he went outdoors just to be beaten up by Blair or Toby, and when he woke up, he saw the hopper to his nutrient paste supply, he began eating it. But he was stopped by Toby, who make him let go of the potatoes and shoved him back into his cell.

When this happens, i always laugh.

Njn0225

Well once I had a colonist who was depressed, he lost a leg in a fight so I had a surgeon install a peg leg, somehow during the surgery he messed up PUTTING ON A PEG LEG by cutting off his nose and removing one of his kidneys, while installing a PEG LEG, the depressed guy later died from a raid gone wrong.

Motorkingpus

Quote from: Njn0225 on August 20, 2016, 02:59:35 PM
Well once I had a colonist who was depressed, he lost a leg in a fight so I had a surgeon install a peg leg, somehow during the surgery he messed up PUTTING ON A PEG LEG by cutting off his nose and removing one of his kidneys, while installing a PEG LEG, the depressed guy later died from a raid gone wrong.

Did he wake up in a bath tub?

mumblemumble

I saw a doctor vomit on his patient mid surgery from food poisoning....ew...and ow
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Andrewbadger

Another top-notch doctor here:

I ended up with a wounded raider in my prison being tended to be my best doctor, Toni (skill of 10). She gets an infection in her left leg which then spreads to her right arm. Due to a lack of medicine (and game experience) I let the infection get worse until the only option is to amputate the leg. Toni scrubs in, readies her trusty scalpel and successfully removes the limb. However, she obviously got a bit carried away as our poor prisoner now has surgical cuts to her torso, her left arm and, for some reason, has had her STOMACH removed!
In the meantime the infection in her right arm has developed and a second amputation is required. Toni steps up again, and again goes slice-happy, removing BOTH arms and leaving the unfortunate patient with only one limb and no digestive system! They didn't last long after that...

A few weeks later and Toni is back in the operating theatre installing a peg-leg for a raider who had their original limb shot off during their attack. A message pops up telling me that there has been a minor failure during the operation. A second message tells me that the patient died during surgery. "Not very minor, then" I think to myself as I check the health tab, only to discover that my bloodthirsty doctor has taken it upon herself to remove the prisoner's HEAD!

Toni is now know as "Dr Nick"

Aleksh

I had to register just to tell this one
I told my tamer to tame an elephant. After a while I get the message:
"An elephant attacked after a failed taming attempt!
...and the elephants nearby are enraged, too!"
I click on the notification, and my tamer is already down. There was a swarm of around 8 elephants all running to my base. I start panicking and getting all my available colonists to a good spot. I had around 7 colonists, two with a sniper rifle and one with a minigun from another story.
As the elephants got closer, my colonists start attacking. Four elephants went down fairly easily, yet I had to juggle some more as they got a bit close. All the colonists got hit in one way or another.
When all the elephants were down, I thought it was safe, so undrafted everyone and let them do as they need.
Until I saw an elephant rampaging in the base.
"HOLY SHIT" I react as the elephant mows down one of my colonists. At this point my only ranged colonist was running for her life. I put her inside the base which had some incomplete walls. The elephant circled the base looking for her. I drafted her and got her out, to shoot the elephant. The elephant managed to take her leg off and break her jaw. In the end, i sent one of my wounded snipers and killed them. So much meat and tusks...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

Lakuna

The faction names in my newest world:
Comedian's Township

The Gray Plain People

The Bringa of the Desert

The Landmine Men (Also, the leader of this Pirate band has the same name as my dad)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eadras

In my last A14 colony, there was a girl named "Sugar".  Sugar had a serious chemical interest, which caused strained relations with one of my other starting colonists, Lucy, who was an abrasive teetotaler.  They got into a few fights early on and basically hated each other's guts.

Enter Sugar's fiancee, Dichter, who joined as a wanderer.  The big day arrives, and the colonists gather for the joyous occasion.  Lucy walks up to Sugar and comments, "that dress makes you look fat."  This drove Sugar into a rage, and she began to fight!  The two proceed to pummel each other black and blue, until Sugar finally gets knocked out.  Naturally, the wedding has been called off, as the bride is rushed to the hospital.

This probably should have been a warning to Dichter that he wasn't marrying the most stable woman around.  Several months later, they went through with the wedding, and Lucy kept her mouth shut this time.  A season later, Sugar suddenly divorced Dichter, for no apparent reason.  Poor Dichter.

CallMeDio

I was trying to operate a raider prisoner that had just gained a peg leg to replace his lost leg, I don't remember exactly what the surgery was but the doctor made a mistake and turns out he made a cut in the peg leg, and it WAS BLEEDING.

After a raider fight one of my initial colonists named Sasquatch had about 3 rifle shots on his torso one of them in the lung, and a finger or hand shot off, if I remember all right, all fresh and bleeding, and then after the fight was over he casually went to the fridge, picked up a potato meal, went to the table, sited, ate his meal while chatting with the cook, and after that he walked to the hospital.
QuoteYou may need a rubber duck.  Also, try some caveman debugging.

Released mods: No Mood Loss on Prisoner Sold or Died

Gyropilot

Quote from: mumblemumble on August 21, 2016, 03:42:40 PM
I saw a doctor vomit on his patient mid surgery from food poisoning....ew...and ow
This made me laugh so hard! Hahahaha

ashira

It's my 3rd game and I'm playing Random Randy at the 2nd lowest difficulty. My colony had 6 or 7 people, but a simultaneous fire inside the base (with a bunch of colonists unable to firefight) and a raid kill everyone but one dude. Who's the survivor? I don't remember his name, but let's call him Pedro. The yellow colors are gonna be Pedro's thoughts.

Pedro is incapable of 8 things or so, so I'm not really happy he's the one that survives. However, we have 2 prisoners, and Pedro can at least do social. So I'm hoping we can recruit them ASAP.

5 seconds after the disasters had taken place, corpses still everywhere, one of the prisoners goes berserk. Great.

I don't care if Pedro dies, but I do if a prisoner dies, so I decide to go there with a club and hit the berserk one a few times on the head, only so the prisoners don't kill each other. Still, Pedro somehow loses to the unarmed prisoner and he's downed.

"Ok, I'm gonna die by my wounds.  :( " No one can rescue Pedro and he has his face in the snow (yup, it's also snowing, a lot). The berserk prisoner escapes and starts attacking my animals. She's trucidated.

Then, one of my dogs start rescuing the animals. "Oh yeah, I have a dog. He can rescue!  :) " He likes other animals more than Pedro, but hey. I check Pedro's health and he just has a few cracks and bruises, no bleeding, nothing serious. He should be fine if he could rest.

The ***king dog takes a full day before he rescues Pedro. "  >:( " But ok, Pedro is in the bed now. "I'll live! ;D "

I fast forward, of course, because nothing is happening. And I realize I was silly thinking Pedro could recover by himself. Days pass by and his cracks and bruises are all still the same and he's incapacitated, but now he's getting malnutrition quite slowly. "I'll die by malnutrition. :( "

Then I get the message: Someone is trying to escape from pirates and will join my colony if I offer safety. Well, welcome, but you'll have to defend yourself! New dude shows up, first thing I do is equip him with a weapon. Second thing is to turn on the turrets. I make sure he can doctor and wait. "Yay, someone will take care of me, I'll live! ;D "

Thing is, by then, quite a few days have passed since Pedro was dog-rescued and his malnutrition is quite severe. New dude is taking care of Pedro, but he's doctoring before feeding him. I think to myself that surely something will happen and Pedro will starve to death before he can be fed.

The pirates are not a problem, they're easily killed by the turrets. Everything seems alright. New dude is already on his way back to Pedro's room, carrying yummy food.

BOOM! Fire. AGAIN.

**&@#$35$ˆ%&@1.

New guy can't firefight either, but he could still reach Pedro with the food. However I remember how, last time, the fire got the base temperature over 600 degrees very, very quickly, so I'm afraid of risking new guy. "Goddamnit I'll be burned alive while it's hard snowing outside, I'm starving and just got a few bandages over those cracks from a week ago.  :'( " Bad luck Pedro, I guess.

I tell new guy to take care of other things and the fire slowly retreats. It seems safe to try again. "Oh, it looks like I will live. Phew!  :P "

He opens Pedro's room.

Pedro dies of malnutrition.

TL;DR:
- Sole colonist Pedro was attacked and downed by human fists;
- Animal from the base rescues Pedro;
- Pedro's wounds won't kill him but he can't be healed either so he starts getting malnutrition;
- A wanderer joins;
- Pedro's room is in fire before wanderer can feed him;
- Pedro survives the fire;
- Wanderer tries to feed Pedro;
- Pedro finally dies by malnutrition.

Dingus

When your colonists eat raw meat for literally no reason.
Quote from: Noctis on September 13, 2016, 03:56:44 PM
No rest for the staggeringly ugly and abrasive, I guess.

TomassoTomasso

My current colony was coing pretty great. I am a new player and got to thinking I had found a balance between progress and sustainability with my 5 pawns. Boy, was I wrong. The miserable times started when my cook got killed in a raid, much to the despair of her lover, Curt. Luckily for Curt, literally 2 minutes after the cooks death he finds love with Lumi the Huntress and eventually marries her. Hey, this might even work out in the end....

Think again. I get a message a pack of manhunting boomalopes entering the area.. Pff no biggie, I'll hide inside since Curts wedding is going on there anyway. Hey look traders... Wait.. Friendlies to? They're not gonna attack the boomalopes on top of my turrets are they? Oh they are? Well got rid of those 8 boomalopes at the cost of 4 turrets and a solar panel. No biggie, as long as we don't get a raid right now.

Ah! Great, a raid by three personal shield, kevlar helmet rocking brawlers. I's okay.. I've got Lumi the bad ass brawler with good gear myself and she'll beat the snot out of them honeymoon or not..

It ends with Curt burrying a lover and his wife Lumi within 5 minutes of each other. Poor Curt.

Supert

I had dude with trait "Dislikes women" and dudette with trait "Masochist". They started social fight, then they beat shit out of each other and on the next day became lovers.

Rimworld: Fifty shades of pawns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯