Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Bigless

Quote from: Supert on September 07, 2016, 03:20:29 AM
I had dude with trait "Dislikes women" and dudette with trait "Masochist". They started social fight, then they beat shit out of each other and on the next day became lovers.

Rimworld: Fifty shades of pawns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did the masochist or the woman start the fight?

Supert

Quote from: John_Bigless on September 07, 2016, 12:17:47 PM
I had dude with trait "Dislikes women" and dudette with trait "Masochist". They started social fight, then they beat shit out of each other and on the next day became lovers.

Did the masochist or the woman start the fight?
Woman had masochist trait, man had "dislikes woman" trait. He insulted her, she started social fight.

Nitro1248

Once, starting a fairly normal game,
As soon as the game started, I noticed a dead turtle
Checking on its health tab, I find it's head is gone
No other injuries just Head: Gone (fresh)
I assume that this turtle spawned without a head, due to a glitch
What?

Dingus

Quote from: Nitro1248 on September 12, 2016, 07:45:57 AM
Once, starting a fairly normal game,
As soon as the game started, I noticed a dead turtle
Checking on its health tab, I find it's head is gone
No other injuries just Head: Gone (fresh)
I assume that this turtle spawned without a head, due to a glitch
What?
Any kind of wildlife? Crushed by a falling roof from a dodgy map generation?
Quote from: Noctis on September 13, 2016, 03:56:44 PM
No rest for the staggeringly ugly and abrasive, I guess.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Once i had a colonist have the roof of a mountain collapse on them because i accidentally marked one to many rows of rock to be mined. They walked away with a few bruises giving no shits about how a mountain collapsed on their head, but they then later complained because the scar they had was hurting
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Dingus

Quote from: Simon_The_Space_Engineer on September 13, 2016, 08:09:04 PM
Once i had a colonist have the roof of a mountain collapse on them because i accidentally marked one to many rows of rock to be mined. They walked away with a few bruises giving no shits about how a mountain collapsed on their head, but they then later complained because the scar they had was hurting
lol try to leave some supports or something. I've lost quite a few pawns to cave-ins.

Natah_Bish

I managed to knock unconscious an enemy tribe member little did I know it was a head shot, this caused permanent brain damage to the enemy. Still I captured him (not realizing it was brain damage at first), feeling bad I tried to keep him alive (my colonists were starving themselves) but he lived... for a while. I slowly lost interest in just keeping him alive and managed to take a lung, 2 eyes, kidney, and his nose. Feeling bad I enthused him using medicine to make his last moments calm. I then built in his cell a sarcophagus to honor him (yes a prisoner who tried to kill me). Little did I know the art that was designed on was of my doctor preforming a "surgery" (harvesting body parts) on Karo (the prisoner), so my honoring did not go so well but it makes a great story! If you read this whole thing congrats!!!

MeowRailroad

I had a wild warg start hunting one of my colonists, however they had a Heavy SMG and were near sandbags and a colonist with a Machine Pistol, so it was killed easily. The colonists there weren't even undrafted before another warg started hunting THE SAME PERSON, only to get gunned down like the first one.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

MeowRailroad

Not exactly the funniest thing I've ever seen, but I shut off the cooler to mine some steel that was in the exhaust vent passage, and a colonist decided to throw a party in the middle of that. That's a great way to take advantage of a short maintenance window. (A maintenance window is a railroad term referring to a set time that a track is out of service for repair. On commuter and subway lines, this is often at night. On all lines it is scheduled to take advantage of natural lulls in traffic. I wanted to do the maintenance then because the cooler had shut off anyway due to the lack of power.)
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Dingus

Quote from: MeowRailroad on September 21, 2016, 09:23:51 PM
Not exactly the funniest thing I've ever seen, but I shut off the cooler to mine some steel that was in the exhaust vent passage, and a colonist decided to throw a party in the middle of that. That's a great way to take advantage of a short maintenance window. (A maintenance window is a railroad term referring to a set time that a track is out of service for repair. On commuter and subway lines, this is often at night. On all lines it is scheduled to take advantage of natural lulls in traffic. I wanted to do the maintenance then because the cooler had shut off anyway due to the lack of power.)

lol you should have turned the cooler back on and watched them melt from the ridiculous temperature generated from the exhaust.

Morze

Not probably the funniest thing I've seen in the game, but once I had a sniper dispatching a siege in quite interesting way. As you all know, siegers have to build their mortars themselves. Well, I had the said sniper a grenadier building that. Two shots, two arms missing. For a second the enemy pawn just stood there, his grenade now fallen to ground, mortar unfinished and his arms gone. The he turned and started wandering. First aid is for pussies.

FridayBiology

visitor spawned on the edge of the map and then fell over (tripped over) for a moment. I almost fell off my chair with laughter :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

MeowRailroad

I had a manhunter pack and I forbid all the doors so my colonists needed something to do during this time. I decided to change some interior bedroom walls from wood to stone, so I set the wooden walls to be deconstructed. Of course the mountain collapses (I have a mountain base) in the storeroom next to the bedroom, and the ONLY thing it crushes is the thousand-dollar AI core and not any of the $20 clothes around it.

mumblemumble

THAT is funny.

In all seriousness, assuming everyone was ok with it, that would be a kinda hot way to start a relationship (assuming no serious injuries). Not to say it would be functional, or healthy, but it would be kinda hot.

And the idea of a girl getting all blushy, smiling and intrigued after being smacked down after she got violent.. ...That mental image is just TOO entertaining.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

avilmask

Marriage is on, and during marrying "raid" message comes up. It happen to be a single scyther poded right next to marrying place. Not sure if scripted... But it always good when there's something to remember about your marriage day, right?

Also once I got an escape pod with a very good stated women, but she got a g-juice addiction. That thing decreases consciousness by 35%. To compensate a huge mood drop from recovering, she had to use a smokeleaf, so it's another -30%. And it was an ice sheet challenge, so every time she got on short walk outside the base she fainted. Had to lock her inside the base eventually :)
Also funny, that whole first half of a year I had escape pods and raids with siblings, children and parents. And I couldn't feed regulary even my own colonists, so I had to leave them freeze (or get killed while defending). I never had anything like that in my regular mild or tropical runs, so it was extra challenging x)

Also pretty normal story about the "wanderer, who joins". Neurotic ~45 years old, with huge scar, stacking rebuffs all day (he got 4x from one woman and 2x from another at once, both married), makes heavy social fights. "Accidentally" shot his rival during a raid. The last drop was when he made another social fight, and then berserkered while being healed by a doctor after it. He died from lethal dose of lead in his body. No one missed him... Except -3 for colonist's death.

Also on the ice sheet map, there is less risk of bugs, so I made my base in huge mountain. And all suppers were trying to dig through mountains that not even adjusted to mine. Weird.