Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyker

My gosh, some of these stories are awesome haha. I'll share one of mine too:

I started a new game and decided to give myself a piggy for fun. Eventually it learned to haul and nothing else. At some point there was a group of raiders, and I went to intercept them. Obviously my piggy stayed behind. Somehow a raider managed to get past my troops, and since I had no turrets yet, it made it's way into the base. I sent my troops back, but the raider was too quick and started to melee attack my piggy. My troops were quite far away, so it took a while for them to get back. I had to watch my piggy get beaten up by a raider with a club, but my piggy wasn't going down that easy! It fought back for a while, and right before my troops could help, the piggy won.

It was a 1 versus 1 fight and I was amazed by how the raider lost to my pig.

Chaos90

So, this just happened: I'd been playing this colony for 9 hours, 92 in  game days have passed, with no major events, no colonist deaths, just a few minor heart attacks like the flashstorm that burned down the steel wall containing a centipede and 4 very angry people. Luckily, the pede was downed and the 4 enemies rushed me 1 at a time, giving me ample time to pick them off.

Then this happened: I get a notification about a pack of manhunters, go to see what's up and see a group of 10-15 wild boars storming at me. I position the people who can actually fire a gun and have one in strategic locations and open fire. 2 seconds later, 2 of them are downed and the others beat a hasty retreat to within the walls. The warning said something about hiding behind doors, so I keep everyone restricted to the interior of the base. 4 seconds later, I'm scrambling to get everyone as far back in the base as possible because they broke down the door. I desperetaly try to fight them off, but there are just to many of them. 1 minute later, all 9 of my colonists are laying on the ground, severely beaten up and unable to do anything. Fast forward a day or 2 and they all die of blood loss, leaving me with a base with 9 skeletons in it while the boars finally decide to move on.

Hint taken, game. Don't slack off on defenses, just because it's been easy so far.

Update: Figured I'd see what happens next since I really like this base so far. A couple of days later the first new colonist event happens, it's a space drop in and I have to watch her bleed to death.

DirectorBright

Decided to bring a hen and a rooster using the Prepare Carefully mod instead of a knife and a dog. I figured I could get some hens and have eggs for fine meals.

Fast forward a season, there's now 20+ chicks and all the food is gone.

Never again.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

Engineer817

My funniest story was a prisoner that refused to join my tribe, and throughout the game I had kept 3 of my original tribe members alive and happy, but one had a heart condition...

It had to be done

FancyMancy

The conversation between Raygun and Clark.

Raygun: Clark,why are you hauling the clothing of the corpses that we trained on on the Meditrain(TM)?

Clark: because...we need clothing?

Raygun: Winter is coming! You need to start hauling the food so they wont rot before the winter decides to duck us up!

Berg: *Hauls the cotton*

Raygun: *Facepalm* Guys...Guys...Guys...

Clark: Fine,i'll haul this corn.

*After hauling a stack*

Raygun: ...Goddamnit,Clark! KEEP HAULING THE CORN-

Posswam

When I first started playing Rimworld I tried a little experiment to see if I could lure raiders with booby-trapped gold. 

I put a small pile of gold in a little room on the other side of the map, then I had someone lay 3 or 4 IED's in there.  I thought it was incredibly clever, but no one ever went for it so after a while I forgot the room was there. 

Later on the base was getting really messy so I set someone's cleaning priority to '1'.  What I didn't know at the time is that the booby-trapped room would be considered part of the 'home' area, so my pawn scooted off to give it a good polish.  Unfortunately I realised what they were doing about a second before they started sweeping on top of an IED... and got blown into a million tiny pieces.

DirectorBright

I had a colonist nicknamed Secure who ditched the builder for a slave girl.
Guess his relationship status wasn't very secure.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

Thyme

So I just got raided by 6 pirates during nightthyme. They came from the north where one of my pregnant Alpacas (gotta love those OP Dusters!) was sleeping on the ground. They all stopped and started shooting at it, which was quite futile given that x0.2 multiplicator for targets laying on the ground. Two of them got shot before the Alpaca got hit and ran away. Downed another one with my pawns. A wild boomrat appeared, right next to a raider. I suppose it was my sniper who missed the pirate. Instakilled the Boomrat instead. It blew up, lit the pirate on fire. Pirates panicked and ran. Left me 2 charge rifles!

PS:
Quote from: DirectorBright on November 08, 2016, 11:14:43 PM
Decided to bring a hen and a rooster using the Prepare Carefully mod instead of a knife and a dog. I figured I could get some hens and have eggs for fine meals.

Fast forward a season, there's now 20+ chicks and all the food is gone.

Never again.
Try Colony Manager. From what I've seen, it lets you set how many chicken, alpacas, etc. you want and slaughters the excess. Can also tame and set individual numbers for adults/babies and males/females. Haven't tried out myself since it's not safegame proof. ;)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Tortoise Lover

I was once attacked by 30+ manhunting Yorkshire Terriers early game. Thinking that simply holing myself up for a few days was just letting good meat pass I decided I could take them on. I was horribly wrong and everything spiraled into utter chaos with most of my colonist cowering in the rec room. Trying to scavenge whatever pride I had left, I decided to defend from a little ventilation tunnel I made. A little pig decided to go for a walk at just the right moment and boom, all the doggies just lined up to die. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

MeowRailroad

All my animals were locked in the bar, starving. (I kept forgetting to let them out.) I slaughtered one of the pigs and all the animals, (5 pigs, 6 cows, 4 muffaloes, and a rhino) all crowded around the corpse and ate it completely. I think the animals can all leave the barn for awhile.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Thyme

I was just waiting for my colonists to recover from flu to attack that psychic ship that has landed west of my defenses when an exotic goods trader arrived from the east. Cool, I was thinking, maybe I can abuse them as bait for the mechanoids! I read that in the forums all the time that this is ok to do so anyway. It didn't came that far tho, because 10 seconds later, 6 manhunter elephants appeared from the north. Ok, gonna roll with that, "colonists, hide inside!". The traders also had 4 wargs with them. Unfortunately, traders are cowards, they soon started to flee. They downed only 1 elephant for me, at the cost of 1 Muffalo, 1 Warg, 5 of 6 traders. The only notable drop is a bionic arm that I would've bought anyway. Might be able to save the downed trader scum and get 30 goodwill.

Edit: Corrected the numbers.
I'm also aware that this story is not very unique, people actually exploit the game to get that. lmao
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Goldenpotatoes

An infestation popped up in my mine, so I sent my colonists in to deal with it, one including a grenadier. He softened up the big bugs as they pushed, but I forgot that colonists in Rimworld have no concept of foresight. As the bugs advance to almost melee-range for my brawler to keep it at bay, he proceeds to drop a grenade at everyone's feet.

Grenadier blows off his own legs outright and leaves everyone but the heavily-armored brawler incapacitated, who proceeds to succumb to the bug-rush after being pin-cushioned with shrapnel.

I want to be upset but the three stooge's level of incompetence was too much to bare. It wasn't a great colony anyway.

FridayBiology

Double peg leg colonist fleeing and then death by meerkat horde after I didn't want to hunt them because I thought they looked nice (meerkat mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27782.0)

Painful (only human colonist in a orassan colony) getting upset every day for two seasons only for me to realise that I've force them to sleep in a -10C room every night.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

ruddthree

Having 6 thousand potatoes in my freezer in A12 was pretty cool. I was all like "I'm set for the rest of eternity!", then I turn off my hydroponics basins because my freezer was filling up, and to grow other crops that I just found out existed, and those 6k potatoes were gone in about a year...oops.

joebob1337

Alpha 14 run, Hardcore SK pack. I was doing pretty well, 3 years in when my frames started to drop. I thought it was my computer overheating so I turned it off. When I returned it was still frame-ey. Then I thought it was just because of my large colony so I set the speed to two. The frames were still dropping, now I'm not even getting a single frame a second so I pause the game to see what's happening and I kid you not, there were LITTERAL THOUSANDS of wargs at the top of the map. I used the debug explosion on the mass but they kept spawning like ten per second! I got a good chuckle from it after it crashed my game.