Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zathura

Not the funniest thing -ever-, but the only thing I have screenshots of, which makes it better. :p

On my latest colony, I got a notification that a social fight had broken out. A second later, a colonist needed rescuing...

Alas, I was too late.

Aghast, I looked to see what happened...

o.O He rebuffed her advances...so she stabbed him to death?

Pretty sure everybody started being overly nice and accommodating to Teresa after that.

OFWG

A social knife fight? Go home Rimworld, you're drunk
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

zathura

Quote from: OFWG on December 13, 2016, 12:44:03 PM
A social knife fight? Go home Rimworld, you're drunk

Lol, it was probably berserk, but I choose to interpret it this way. :p

LaEsmeralda

This is a story i like to call... "Jono's the worst hunter ever"

It started on the colony's first week; i had four colonists, all completely unprotected and not that good at fighting, and only two of them with long range guns. And yet, i thought it was a good idea to try to hunt down the Thrumbo that had just appeared!
So my hunter Jono was all like "Nah, it's no big deal", walked outside the house, and shot it.
...five seconds later, he was laying unconscious on the ground.
Rozalina went out and rescued Jono, but then ended up knocked out; Speights tried to rescue Rozalina and ended up knocked out; Tomomi tried to rescue Speights and ended up knocked out. And the Thrumbo had barely gotten a scratch. So basically i ended up with three of my colonists lying on the ground in shock, the other one bleeding out in his bed, and with an angry Thrumbo walking around them.
Luckily, after a few hours of inmense agony, the Thrumbo calmed down and Jono recovered and could go out and rescue the other guys. They spent the next few days in bed and taking turns to heal each other.

Oh, but it gets better. Weeks later, some boomrats walk in and one of them starts attacking no other than Jono.
And what does Jono do? He fights them back. 
All of them jumped over him and murdered him in an instant. Then, they surrounded the building and i had to forbid my other colonists to go out so they wouldn't suffer the same fate: they had to spend the whole day indoors, wasting time, until the boomrats starved to death. Rozalina ended up having a mental breakdown and locking herself in her room, while Speights spend all hours crying at his friend's body and nearly went crazy himself.

So yeah, Jono. Great job. Your hunting skills nearly doomed the entire colony... twice :P

Thyme

Seems to be a Layer 8 problem. Thrumbo description says "extremely dangerous". I wouldn't dare to attack them with less than 6 charge rifles ...
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

idlebones

Captured some guy from a pod crash with AWESOME skillz, turns out he's got a Go-Juice addiction. So I steal all his stuff and lock him behind a steel door, set Prisoner tab to chat but no recruit, so he's stuck in there and he can't do anything seriously dangerous until his withdrawal's over. Didn't realize how long it would take.

At the time of writing, poor Rush has been trapped in there for half a year. His withdrawal is at 50%. He's been through some tough times along with the colony - forced to consume raw human flesh, spent a long week sleeping in sub-zero temperatures and battling hypothermia, briefly assaulted by our beloved Tanya Shion (her traits are Bloodlust, Psychopath and Cannibal, so maybe we should have expected this).

Every time the withdrawal causes a mental break, I just send someone to beat him unconscious with a wooden club.

ddblue0

Scene #1
I had my last two surviving colonists, slowly freezing/starving to death, take turns fainting and feeding each other the raw corpses of other deceased colonists.

I thought they were dead for sure, but this behavior bought them a few extra minutes of life.

It was actually kind of sweet.

Scene #2 (same game as above)
I had one colonist slam the frozen corpse of another colonist down onto the dining table in the main chow hall, take 2 bites out of him (20% of body missing after, so they were pretty big bites), and then immediately head outside to build a snowman.

DanielLakatos

When sappers are mining their way around your defenses.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Thyme

Ever got attacked by a manhunter pack of 24x Boomalopes? Premature new years firewörks i'd say. Boom!

*they're slow, big and explosive! and it started to rain the moment it was over.

Houkime

Sea Ice.
Windy snowy night.
-30 degrees C
Escape pod lands near edge of the map.
An injured spacer with good hyperweave clothing.

Sending pawn with a survival rifle to "rescue" him to an outdoors sleeping spot (to strip him, kill him and butcher him right after transport)

It was a long way though darkness and howling winds...

Suddenly a heavily injured spacer gets up and slowly heads out from map, leaving a bloody trail on the snow towards the edge.

Ok, no more rescue masquerade. Drafting my pawn and trying to shoot.
Too far. After a weird chase scene (I really want to rescue you! Don't look at the gun! I have a warm place!) bleeding half-alive spacer escapes to the deadly frozen night.

Some people don't want to do something good with their life and clothes and instead go waste it in eternal snowy planes bleeding.

But maybe he just didn't see me and thought he is dead anyway.
A lighthouse would be good.

Thyme

I use raid survivors (A15) as training dummies for my doctors, installing the usual two peg legs and a denture. I wish I could amputate all kind non vital limbs as well, but ok. I release them when I'm finished, because killing murderers is bad for your mood. Tater had the terrible luck to survive a second time (it seems a sniper rifle has destroyed his left peg leg, cause no bleeding). After my Huskies didn't eat him for breakfast, I impatiently decided to burn him alive using some boomrats. Can't slaughter them anway. His mood buffs are a bit ... hard to believe to say the least.

tl;dr: Guys burns alive while "feeling good +4" and "I'd better steel myself to survive" ya, you recon you are on fire?!

ruddthree

So I've officially "beaten" my first A16 colony...to death.

I had sent father-daughter duo, Duster(my favorite character...) and Sammy, off to the fabled ship site. Their caravan had not even left for 5 minutes when a physic ship crashed near the colony. Little did I know, Duster and Sammy were my two most valuable hunters, one of them equipped with a charge rifle.

I thought "Eh, I have 12 more colonists, this'll be a piece of cake!" And I marched my colonists into the fray. Within 2 minutes, 9 colonists had lost their lives, and the remaining 3 were limping back to base in sheer terror.

I was forced with three terrible choices: 1) Wait until Duster and Sammy get to the ship in 3 seasons (45 days), 2) Watch my three colonists suffer for those three seasons, or 3) Quit, put the colony up on the shelf to collect dust, and hang my head in shame.

I chose the third option due to laziness...

Thyme

Look at those super advanced scalpels they have in 5504! Sharp enough to almost cut through a peg leg in one cut. But that's not the end of the story, peg legs will make some progress in the next 3.500 years too. This one here can heal itself after said cut. Almost bionic!

FridayBiology

2 colonists were sleeping in the animal freezer. I'm like "oh, time to make a bed, I've got enough wood to build a double beds and a few short bows" next moment "Kate and Jess have become lovers" guess I should've build just one bed then :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology