Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushover

Had a Mechanoid drop with 2 scythers and some centipedes. I was not paying attention to my animals, and a puppy had wandered out of my base. Scythers both acquired the puppy. First shot misses, second shot hits... the other scyther, taking out its leg. That is how my puppy beat a scyther.

zathura

Playing in boreal forest, and trying to only take in colonists that are worthwhile; an escape pod landed, and the guy was useless, but he had hyperweave and synthread clothing, which I wanted to either use or sell, and wanted to get it off him before he died.

Rather than sending someone out to strip him, I had them "capture" him, and waited till they got reasonably close to the base, then drafted / undrafted them to reset their task, and stripped him so that they wouldn't have to trek all the way across the map.

Figured it'd take him a while to freeze to death, but the moment my colonist headed back to the warmth of the indoors, I watched a timber wolf sidle up next to the guy and kill and eat him.

It was such perfect timing. XD

milon

Quote from: Thyme on January 23, 2017, 01:41:04 PM
I just had a guy complain about a pawn being kidnapped, but instead of ransom demands firing, the faction leader died and the abducted girl became the new leader. Poor fellow might not get her back.

Apparently he did get her back:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29855.0

Also, Cassandra's War on Drugs has many excellent stories in it. :)

Brutetal

Today was a sad day for my colony.

The lover of my hard working constructor Phanos was chased by pirates. So we saved her. Well, my turrets saved her. Clumsy pirates went straight into my hall of death heh.
The two were happy, got some good ol' lovin' that night... And she broke up with him the next day.
Of course I didn't check her health and didn't see her smokeleaf addicition. Suddenly she went on a drug binge... And smoked the flake we do for selling purposes.
So I decided to arrest her until the addicitions are overcome. After her third (!) breakdown and berserk, the last one did cost her a foot, I soöd her to a passing pirate ship... In exchange for a damn good doctor (17 medicine woop).
Didn't know addictions are so hard.

Thyme

I just had 40ish Boomrats go manhunter. Walled myself in (one entrance only) and decided to wait it out, like the 17x wargs vs 4 colonists earlier this run. Climate cycle made temperatures rise quickly to -20°C and I got a bulk goods trader. Oh, nice, I'll finally see a caravan beaten to death before they flee. Boomrats are fast and hard to hit after all. Turned out the fiery power of them is not only sufficient to down a muffalo, it goes above and beyond. Boomrats swarm around the poor traders, sparking chain reactions, people are screaming, muffalos on fire are running around. I'm sure you know the game "the floor is lava". Everything gets lit on fire, there's even a polar bear that turned revenge manhunter in the worst possible moment. The fire ravages short and intense. The only survivors are some Boomrats that have been sleeping. Everything that's left to collect from the fray is 69x silver! Only because it doesn't burn ...

How do people exploit trade caravans? They either run away or vanish entirely. They can help you with poison ships, but the loot tself is limited to corpses and gear. Cowards.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

forestfey

...realizing that animal inbreeding made it back into the game and then getting gifted this little treasure: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768536764
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Thyme

First shell against siegers hits right in the center of their forward base, killing some raiders, destroying their supplies and lighting up the pile of shells. One of the raiders had enough time to glimpse his dead comrade before getting obliterated in the chain reaction.

PS: There have been eleven raiders.

edit: Stupid me forgot to add the screen:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

milon

Quote from: forestfey on January 30, 2017, 06:18:44 PM
...realizing that animal inbreeding made it back into the game and then getting gifted this little treasure: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768536764

Check out the pup's name!  :o

chris200x9

I just started playing this game so I haven't seen that much but one time a guy died in bed then this other guy went to sleep in the same bed so he was sleeping in a bed with a dead body even though other beds were available.

plantperson

I've seen quite a few things dunny things happen, but before I talk about them I should mention that my game has been modded for so long I'm not even sure what half my mods do, so my game is most likely different than than yours.

1- A Shoggoth (from the Call of Cthulhu cosmic horrors mod) attacked my tribe. We all had low quality medieval gear from raiders, and I had a fox, a monkey, and a labrador. I thought that we could beat it, so I got all my people and, since I had a large colony but no good defences, we got into a battle line. When the fight started it promptly slaughtered everyone, left them bleading out, then proceeded to try and beat my settlement to dust. One of my people got back up so I tried to 1 person kite it with a pila, before realising it had 5 range. I had her go around the colony to get a bow, but she went berserk and tried to beat the shoggoth to death. The someone else got up, went to get a bow, and almost immediately went berserk and tried to kill the Shoggoth with a wooden spear. In the end though, I rebuilt the colony and escaped the world because the Shoggoth died of an infected bite from my labrador.

2. My first colony in a desert went terribly. People were constantly sick and injured and infected and we had almost no food. While the colony did die to a series of berserker rages because of raw cannibalism, we survived for much longer than I would've thought possible due to my people going berserk and attacking traders, allowing me to take their stuff without their faction becoming hostile.

3. The time Frazier beat 7 zombies to death with a log, then was stopped from killing an eighth because Watson shot him in the back of the head with an auxillary pistol (which is weak and doesnt even pierce the skin).

4. My sniper, whose name started with an L, killed three centipedes and four scythers, then got his hand shot off by a raider with a pistol and bled to death on the way home.

5. The time a trader overdosed on her own gojuice allowing me to steal all her stuff.

Perq

- Pawn dying to being hung-over
- My first colony burning down
- Chicken being splashed by a transport pod (don't ask me why it is so funny to me D:)
- Two guys trying to escape my prison. In the first attempt, one of loses a leg (a single sword blow, first one to be precise). The other loses an eye and gets downed. They (actually one guy, since the other has one leg cut off) tries to escape again... He loses his leg exactly same way - the very first hit with sword on the leg... lol. So now I have two dudes with legs missing. Think that is enough of prison breaks for them. :D
- Animals getting addicted to drugs
- Raiders being attacked by manhunter packs
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

Thyme

Things I do on a party:

You do not talk about Fight Club!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

b0rsuk

I'm playing my first strictly melee colony on Cassandra Intense, flat Boreal Forest. Early in year 1, 80 year old colonist catches plague end dies. Raids are increasingly tough, it's my first winter and I have to face stuff like several heavy SMGs, survival rifles, sniper rifles and incendiary launchers. One of my enemies is a tribal faction. I tamed 3 timber wolves and bought a polar bear. Toxic fallout in autumn makes it hard to stockpile food - berry bushes are dying. Before fallout expires, poison ship falls from the sky. I research machining, mortars and build EMP mortars. I send 3 good melee fighters armed with spears and looted armor vests. I build sandbags around the ship, make my other 3 colonists man EMP mortars, and a shield-wearing colonist pokes the ship with a spear. 2 scythers jump out, EMP mortars fire, stun them for 3 seconds, scythers die.

There's very little food left and 12 days left to growing period. I decided to slaugher badly wounded Ferdinand the timber wolf, he was missing a leg and a lung anyway. Animals have plenty to eat - I feed them corpses. I'm hunting rare wolves because there are no herbivores on the map. In one hunt, Becker, wearing devilstrand tuque, hyperweave shirt, armor vest, wielding excellent steel spear and supported by war beasts and another colonist loses a THUMB to a single bite of hunted timber wolf. Like a sissy little girl and not a brawler she is. So much medicine is used that from over 80 herbal medicine 38 is left before the end of winter.

One night, Becker and Nana the night owl, with rumbling stomachs, gather and plan to hunt a sleeping warg. 10 seconds after they're drafted, the son of a bitch senses that and... self-tames.

b0rsuk

SpaceDorf

The manhunter pack of 19 wargs that spawned in the same spot as a Pirate Siege.

I only regret that they spawned before the ressource drop :)

The Wargs downed the whole Siege, my two worst colonists and left me with 5 Prisoners and gave my Pet Warg two Females :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.