Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venge

1. I had a couple of pirates held captive, and was trying to recruit them. Though cookies. I got raided again, and sent everybody I could to fight it off. When i went to capture one and take him to prison, my prison was empty. The two prisoners had disappeared. I still have no idea what happened to them. No prison break notification, and they didn't die. I would like to know what they're up to now ;)

2. Captured a tribesman named purple. He chilled in prison for a bit, and then broke out and escaped. Left him bleeding out as he ran. 2 Days later I get raided. Guess who's leading them!? Purple is back! The bastard told everybody where I was and wanted revenge! First shot of the fight goes off from my sniper and Purple is killed. Should've joined me, he could have lived a wonderful life hauling steel and potatoes for the rest of his days.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Venge on March 04, 2017, 11:51:55 PM
1. I had a couple of pirates held captive, and was trying to recruit them. Though cookies. I got raided again, and sent everybody I could to fight it off. When i went to capture one and take him to prison, my prison was empty. The two prisoners had disappeared. I still have no idea what happened to them. No prison break notification, and they didn't die. I would like to know what they're up to now ;)

Did you keep the door open ? Or was there something blocking the door ?
When the door of the prison is not closed, Prisoners just wander off ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Venge

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 05, 2017, 09:54:47 AM
Did you keep the door open ? Or was there something blocking the door ?
When the door of the prison is not closed, Prisoners just wander off ..
Nope. Door closed, totally intact. Makes for good speculation though. $20 they tunneled out XD

RyanRim

Quote from: Venge on March 04, 2017, 11:51:55 PM

2. Captured a tribesman named purple. He chilled in prison for a bit, and then broke out and escaped. Left him bleeding out as he ran. 2 Days later I get raided. Guess who's leading them!? Purple is back! The bastard told everybody where I was and wanted revenge! First shot of the fight goes off from my sniper and Purple is killed. Should've joined me, he could have lived a wonderful life hauling steel and potatoes for the rest of his days.

The same shite happened to me in other context, later on a crashlanded band that I couldn't keep from wandering away (I cured 2) went somewhere far, later on their leader (a female ninja...) started a raid against me. Quite funny as our colony wanted only to cure and help and then she gathered a vendetta (maybe something back from space life times). I had only 4 people and also 4 was the raid size but luckily my people were steady-handed and I left no chance to them. Also got back one of her equipment pieces I gave her before, my lucky pistol.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

GuesUserNameGUN

I had a guy go beserk halfway through digging out a small 6x6 room, so i locked the door and left him there to calm down. About 30 seconds later a hive spawned in the room, spawning two of the medium bugs straight away. He went down and just as i went to save him, 3 small bugs spawned, 2 large ones, and 4 medium ones spawned in.

RyanRim

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on March 13, 2017, 12:40:46 AM
I had a guy go beserk halfway through digging out a small 6x6 room, so i locked the door and left him there to calm down. About 30 seconds later a hive spawned in the room, spawning two of the medium bugs straight away. He went down and just as i went to save him, 3 small bugs spawned, 2 large ones, and 4 medium ones spawned in.

Lemme guess, he crane-kicked them all to kingdom come?  8)

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: RyanRim on March 13, 2017, 04:16:39 AM
Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on March 13, 2017, 12:40:46 AM
Nope, he went down straight away. Such a great colonist...

Lemme guess, he crane-kicked them all to kingdom come?  8)

AngleWyrm

A merchant showed up with a mid-range weapon that had a high rate of fire but not so good chances to hit. But it was infused with a great bonus to hit, and was significantly superior to the mac-10 one of my soldiers was carrying, so I forked over the thousands of silver for that puppy.

As he was headed over to swap weapons, I muttered 'I paid a lot for this puppy, and it's better than what you got, so...' and right then a pet Thrumbo girl comes over and kills a squirrel. As she's hauling her catch to the fridge, I'm all 'see, that's why I love you' and she grabs a fine meal from storage for dinner.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

laBOMBA

I made myself a rich explorer and started a relationship with the first girl that joined my colony. She later rejected my marriage proposal just a day before my wife joined the colony! Didn't even know I was married. Probably would have had a lot of explaining to do if she had accepted.

Greep

That feeling when you get a season two siege and have no counter... and then... you realize the obvious.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Catt

A mortar shell hitting a colonist while she was chilling in the dining room with a beer while 4 others were doing countershelling.
It was also the only shell they fired and it hit her like a sniper.

mmmbuh

Game stopped with the manhunter pack warning...I looked, and there was a MASSIVE mound of boomrats.  (My colony is worth way too much, so any attack I get is ridiculous)
No exaggeration, I literally stopped counting at 2000 rats.  It slowed my computer so bad, it was doing one frame about every 5 seconds.  By the time I got a colonist over to the mortar, it took a full 15 minutes of real time before the first shot by the mortar.  By this time, the rats had made about a 1/4 circle around my base wall, which thankfully was not flammable.
When the mortar shell dropped on a pile of them, it was pretty much like popcorn, going all the way around the 1/4 circle...but it took like 2 minutes to get through it all, because of the insanely slow framerate...

laBOMBA

My resident cat binge drinking on my stash of beer. She then vomits in the exact square where I store my meals. I guess the "simple" meals turned into "fine" meals. Poor thing developed cirrhosis a short time after.

blub01

So, I decide I need more components and send some people to a nearby faction base to buy some. a couple hours after they've left, I get attacked by 2 scythers. one is taken out by my turrets, the other one proceeds to attack my colonists. one of them dies, the other loses their  right leg. the 2 guys I sent to buy components have arrived at the faction base, which happens to have a bionic leg, so I buy that, intending to install it into the guy who lost his to the scyther. first op fails, I'm so frustrated I cheat another leg in (because the first one is gone) and try again. the op fails ridiculously, the guy dies. this has probably been my worst period of bad luck so far.

UPDATE: Operations hate me. lost another colonist when I tried to replace her lung (which had a growing carcinoma in it).
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

DisturbedSpec

First game ever? Got attacked by an asthmatic tortise with dementia. From then on, I have never trusted tortises.