Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelty

This is pretty high on the list. I just started this game for kicks and went, "Surely, there'll be a cryo pod or two inside."

I was so wrong.

R1

Boomer was the only combat worthy colonist of three, he was badly burned by a manhunting Boomalope, whilst resting in hospital three drop pods of raiders landed, two outside the hospital walls (who engaged the other two, combat handicapped colonists) and one inside the hospital room with Boomer who was still incapacitated. The raider decided to light fire to the hospital bed and tried to beat down the granite walls to escape, ultimately burning himself to death and almost burning Boomer to death, luckily he was rescued after the other two raiders were killed.

SpaceDorf

Not Weird at all :

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

makkenhoff

I got a "friendly" raid with no combatants available to use them against. A few of them had the pyromaniac trait. Nearly burned down my base, and I couldn't do a thing about it.

Salt on the wound - I posted this, and maybe 3 minutes later I got ANOTHER friendly group of pyromaniacs.

kubolek01

Uhm... One is being shot down by my own turret (Modded sniperlike one) Another is that i used dev menu to spice things up. Gave my Thrumbo a flu... and ran out of meds RIP Nathan.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

PatrykSzczescie

Once I was attacked by a pirate addicted to go-juice, who used this drug, got incapacitated due to overdose and that's how I won a fight within 5 seconds.

Once I had a 36-tile squared freezer. A sudden heat came and despite 3 coolers, the food was rotting due to high temperature. I built a 4th cooler - temperature slightly decreased, but still too high. I built a 5th one - it was almost zero, but still above. I couldn't replace walls with coolers anymore. I had the whole east side adjacent to the outside: 5 coolers and a door which was open as I'd just realized.

MCreeper

1.Played with call of chtulhu mods. Tried to use spell "everyone go to sleep, when they wake up, they get lasting mood buff" to stop my colonists from constant berserking. Partial success! Spell works, but they summoned star vampire. Sleeping is uncancellable. Colonists head to their rooms, vampire foolows...  :D
I just savescummed. Again.
2. How my colony looked. Going from shrine:
Shrine itself. Still have rock rubble after almost a year.
Base in mountain. Various degrees of filthyness, but i tried to at least clean rooms.
Courtyard. Big space fully filled with "dark young vile blood". Only way of dealing with them is " enrage them, place colonist with chain shotgun on entrance, shoot one time, retreat, wait thing to wander away, repeat"
Wall and first entrance. All kinds of filth that is technically possible on tis map, in 7x3 zone!
I visibly improved my FPS when i cleaned all this. Before i was too busy getting raided, healing wounds and butchering raid to survive few more days. And i discovered that wimps that incapable of violence are actually useful, since they both get downed and recover quicly while berserking. Not that when she get "fully insane - pain reduced by 90%" though

linkfanpc

When i first started RimWorld, and made my first colony, i was playing while my two brothers were sitting next to me watching.

I miss-clicked on a pawn named Lemon and realized you can strip her. Both of my brothers said to do it. I declined.

Then they both started chanting "STRIP LEMON! STRIP LEMON! STRIP LEMON!"

To this day this is still an inside joke.

Gotta love RimWorld.

I guess this isn't game related buut eeeeehhhh...
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

arjuna666

in one if my first games i had a ridiculous amount of wild boars and after a while i noticed that one of them was having a really hard time killing a hare so i watch and after missing like 5 times he finally killed the hare. i decided to check his health and i fount that both of his eyes were almost completely destroyed by tortoise bites. i looked at the rest of my boars health stats and almost all of them over a year old were basically blind from tortoises, only tortoises. please Nerf tortoises they make all my animals blind

Vlad0mi3r

Chen is being chased by Pirates. I decide to help Chen why not.

Mad Turtle. Ok its just a turtle, Chen should be able to outrun it and get inside.

Notice Chen is Naked. Ok Its now getting a bit weird Naked woman running through a rain forest being chased by Pirates and a Turtle.

Raid. Pirates are here. Only 3 of them and Chen is almost inside. Get Chen inside and she puts a jacket on and heads to grab the pistol. Lets check on those pirates... they obviously have issues with anyone chasing Chen (they want her naked body for themselves) and have decided to attack the Turtle. Go team Turtle, but alas the Pirates win with only a leg wound to show for their troubles and head towards the base. So much for Squirtles water gun attack.

Pirates are gunned down as they file into the base one at a time. So what is so special about Chen to warrant this attention. Psychite addiction that's what.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

MCreeper

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 23, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
Not Weird at all :

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
deleted by admin due to age. What ridiculously stupid bot does this and why?And why so randomly?

SumGie

Had a guy, Kyle, who lived with four women.  Married each of them in turn.  Complained that he wanted to sleep with his wife each time, so I set up a double bed for them.  Slept with the current wife once and immediately broke up.  All four. 

Kyle, you scum...

patoka

i didnt read the whole thread yet, but just today RNjesus gave me three interesting little fellas as enemies/visitors:
so the first one is pretty much the equivalent of an english king we all know from braveheart
second is the biggest gamble i've seen in the game to date. essentially, as long as you control the loonie, you have a good work horse. once he starts his shenanigans while you're at war, things could get rough. anyway, i was super lucky because in the attack i killed all his friends aside from one and 2 of them were rivals, so he wasnt that unhappy while getting his butt patched up in prison. and yes, i could capture and recruit him. how he had 70% difficulty and all the other 99%, i dont know, but i am happy now. also, his name is giggles. GIGGLES!
on a smaller note, today the game also threw the biologically 21 year old mother of one of my starters at me that was experimented on in the urb worlds and now hates men xD she had to flee from a couple attackers...the interesting part here is that her daughter is older than her now biologically and also hates men and was also experimented on.
and most importantly, i also got this guy, who is barely alive with his 90 years and virtually all problems he could have. he collapsed in winter while visiting me and his friends left him for dead, seeing as he was ridiculously slow and not a great addition to their team. anyway, i saved him in my lil outpost, patched him up, warmed him up with some food, but accidentally stripped him naked. from then on he tries to leave the place up to 3 times daily and freezes before he can even leave the three square roof around my house. he lost 3 toes/fingers by now and i think this winter is going to get very long, so i will keep him outside for a little to get frozen body parts and let a level zero medic heal him so that i can level him up easily and without any risks involved. also, no meds.

i even thought about harvesting some of his organs prior to letting him go home once better weather comes, but i've never done that. wont he die if i take away his liver, one of his lungs and kidneys? those body parts at least seem to be healthy...also, will those body parts turn bad in mere hours, or will they be like artificial body parts and never turn? can i even sell them?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

kubolek01

Hauling logic is weird. 35kg animal carries a Thrumbo corpse with ease. How?! Nothing can even take 350kg in caravan!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

chinster

When a tribal slaver visit my colony and they didn't feed their slaves causing the slave to have a mental break and become violent. Naturally the slavers defend themselves and incapacitates the slave. I capture the slave they just didn't feed, didn't clothed and try to kill. Now I have a bad will with them?