Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tober6fire

;D A rider group of ten try's to attack my camp while there in route a psyc ship decides to pay a visit and kills three raiders. Naturally the drones decided to come out at that time too. ;D :D I was laughing my ass off as I was watching the remaining raiders with 2 melee 2 grenadiers and the remaing 3 range try to kill two stalkers and a centipede with a inferno. The centepede was the only survivor which got gunned down from my remaining troops. My god ;D so much free loot 
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Azurely

One time I on accidentally put a roof over my solar panel grid and went insane trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any power for the next 3 ingame days

Call me Arty

Quote from: Azurely on May 29, 2018, 05:20:27 PM
One time I on accidentally put a roof over my solar panel grid and went insane trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any power for the next 3 ingame days

That, and also had roofs/trees near my wind turbines. The early game is a rough one.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

bobguy

Ok don't know if this is funny but I was trying to tame a thrumbo, and being the idiot I am I left my colonists with the thrumbo and it got mad. Long fight short my researcher was my last hope and she was punching the legendary colony destroying thrumbo and she..... lost 3 fingers, meanwhile I forgot to draft my 3rd gunner and I found him EATING A GOD DAMN FINE MEAL WHEN HE COULD OF USED HIS ASSUALT RIFLE TO SHOOT THE THRUMBO.

When I told him to fire he hit and killed the rabbit next to the thumbs by shooting it in the brain.

I also have a megasloth with dementia :/

tyriaelsoban

Im kicking myself for not screenshotting this, so you will have to take my word for it...

Brotherhood of Nod show up on the edge of my map and set up a siege camp, theyve got (as usual) far too many sniper rifles for me to risk a frontal assault (even with the rebalanced shooting mod) and theyve tucked themselves into a nice little cubby in the mountain range, so i only have that angle to attack from.

Send my worst colonist to man the only mortar battery i have, stolen from a Nod siege from the previous season - i have THREE rounds of HE left because i like to take potshots at prepping raiders, now, you know how rimworld likes to sometimes slather the mortar ammo around the raid camps? Yeah, well ... worst shooting skill colonist causes what i can only describe as a magazine detonation in the middle of the camp and kills nearly everyone, since Nod operate on a "no retreat, no surrender" policy, 3 of the remaining 15 pawns get gunned down and one of them decides his buddies shoddy Nod Grenades would make a nice trophy and leaves.

silenced

In version 1.0, that event: Corpse Obsessed. I laughed my ass off.

Obsessed pawn runs to the cemetery, digs up an rotten corpse and places it on the dining table 'to display it to everyone'.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's so hilarious. Whoever had that idea, thank you!
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

Grimelord82

So, this just happened...Bjornson is fairly skilled, pretty but also lazy mountain of a woman that snores (creepy breathing). Kees is a trim, really handsome/kind artistic intellectual.

Kees "Brr, it's getting cold outside"
Bjornson "I've got a fur coat you can slip under"
Kees *raises eyebrow*

[attachment deleted due to age]

MerlinEngine

I had a bunch of raiders attack my colony, and in the middle of the duel between my fortress and their goons, a herd of those animals that tend to blow up when they die passed in no man's land. A few of them got hit by some stray rounds, and they became manhunters and attacked the raiders, blowing most of them to kingdom come as my own sharpshooters shot the animals up instead.

tyriaelsoban

Quote from: Grimelord82 on June 27, 2018, 02:22:21 PM
So, this just happened...Bjornson is fairly skilled, pretty but also lazy mountain of a woman that snores (creepy breathing). Kees is a trim, really handsome/kind artistic intellectual.

Kees "Brr, it's getting cold outside"
Bjornson "I've got a fur coat you can slip under"
Kees *raises eyebrow*

Ive had that happen too  ;D

5thHorseman

I AM NOT A WOLVERINE GAAAAAAA!

Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Snowcaller

Pre 1.0 a load of pirates podded in. not a vast amount, like 7 or 8 or sumth.
I was ante-ing up my team ready for a fight and a meteor or cargo pod (can't remember exactly, i was a little tipsy at the time) .
Killed them all. Right on the edge of the map.
I larfed loik a drain, oi did!

5thHorseman

Not sure if this counts as a funny thing I saw, but it's too small a story for its own thread and there doesn't seem to be a "Thread for stories too small for their own thread" thread.

I just hauled Kate back to her cell for the 2nd time after a prison break, and was done. I'd been trying to recruit her for probably 2 seasons now with no luck, and decided it was time to cut and let her loose. And by cut, I mean cut off a leg to install it on one of my colonists with a peg leg.

Right as I was about to start the surgery bill, Lexi got inspired recruitment. I figured it was the game telling me something, so Kate got a reprieve and (for now) gets to keep both of her legs.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Skryabin

Boxer rat!!!

My colonist had to fight a mad rat and he got such a strong kick of her left front paw that his jaw cracked!  ;D

5thHorseman

Xandy is having a tantrum.
He is going to smash things in his room.
The final straw was: Drowsy

Planetfall

I had half my colony die of the plague.
Turner my second hand and wife of queen Basalt, my farmer Sikle, and... I forgot what Pain's job was... she's been dead three years now...*sniff*
anyway yeah, the plague, no good meds, Turner's best freind Hungry travles day and night (only a biiit of dev mode) to the nearist outlander town and gets some glitter meds and rushes back exausted but its still to late. Every single person who got the plague died.
Only Hungry, Hungry's misanderist Ex Flotsom, and the now hart broken Queen Basalt remain. Flotsom who even while disliking men was good friends with charming Turner flew into a muderus rage at Hungry's tardy return. Basalt managed to break up the fight. it was a tarible time. a cold snap had kept the crops form being planted and with Sikle dead it was late summer by the time the surivors had finished planting.
But low! Casandra had heard the tears and crys of angush and blessed the Stone Crown with an excape pod! Hungry rushes over to find a teenage boy...
who...
was...
S.I.C.K.L.Y...

I put down my laptop and rage laughed for a good few minits.
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_