Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planetfall

This story isn't that funny but I don't think its long enough for its own thread soo..

This story is from the same colony as the last post only 4 years later. Turner had been revived by Basalt 3 years prior.
Turner and three newish recruites Sick, Sub, and Izolda, where returning home after destroying pirate outposts when they where ambushed by a single pirate with a knife he didn't even know how to hold. Turner blasted two great chunks out of the badies cheast with his charge lance but than Sub the brawler stoped him. Sub wanted the poor fellow to die with the dignity of single combat. Turner holstered his Lance while Sub waded though the marsh to meet the bleeding raider halfway.
They met in a small pond and paused.
Than with hate in his eyes the pirate raised his knife...

And had his brains blasted out by Izolda's shotgun blast.
As Subs Fiance she didn't want to take any chances.
As they where preparing to move on Sub rifled though the dead man's pockets and found pitures of his wife and son.

Both of which had manned the recently destroyed out post.
Everone paused. silently Sub picked up the body and draped it over their pack muffalo. When they arived home they placed the vengful father in the tomb of heroes where Sikel and Pain still rest.
(i have screenshots but i don't know how to atach them properly)
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_

Yeol

Choco appeared on the map. She's a "mad woman", a wild human living with, and as the wildlife. She could be tamed, but my protagonist (Wanda) does not have the skills. So Choco wandered around, and found this comfortable cave: shelter and easy food seemed to keep her there. Little does she know how dangerous it is to live amongst the co-inhabitants. But she does not mind. She lives there now for more then a week, and it seems she's staying there for another good time. She's comfortable, safe from predators (dead lynx at the cave entrance), and out of weather and rain. Choco: the wild-woman living among insects.

5thHorseman

This game has never ever made me jump in surprise.

Until now. As I was moving a light, this happened.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Skryabin

- Did you order some steel?
- No! Wrong address!
- Oh, sorry, sir. Please, use shipment return label.
  ;D

Yeol

Same cave, one week later... RAID!  A lone raider was going to invade and destroy my camp... I thought. I never understood why he decided to enter this cave to attack it's dwellers. He never came back out again... Raid over.

pablo603

Quote from: Yeol on August 03, 2018, 04:28:54 AM
Same cave, one week later... RAID!  A lone raider was going to invade and destroy my camp... I thought. I never understood why he decided to enter this cave to attack it's dwellers. He never came back out again... Raid over.

But... but... WHERE'S CHOCO!?

Bolgfred

I had a nudist named John wearing a shield belt charging in melee against a shotgun. After the fight I noticed there was his right middle finger missing.

I didn't watch the fight in detail but all I could thing about was that this could only had happen if he was trying to show the finger to his enemy, holding it  outside the shield bubble and his enemy just shot it off as a reaction for this insult.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

vladmartin89

In RimWorld even trees trying to kill you  :)

5thHorseman

So a psychic ship crashes inside my base, and right before I'm about to take it on, a moderately large group of Yorkshire Terriers join. So, I create a zone, named "SORRY".

(I'm not sorry)

It actually worked really well.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Skryabin

I've just had a turtle going mad alert. Everyone prepared for a deadly fight! But it was moving so slow towards the base, that it lost any manhunter interest on its way and just started wandering...  ;D

OFWG

Quote from: Skryabin on August 23, 2018, 10:41:29 PM
I've just had a turtle going mad alert. Everyone prepared for a deadly fight! But it was moving so slow towards the base, that it lost any manhunter interest on its way and just started wandering...  ;D

This made me laugh way too hard :D
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

focusingblur

Infirmary. The patient is already sedated and unconscious. My doctor prepares for the surgery by setting his beer down right next to the hospital bed. Then, mid-surgery, another colonist walks in, steals his beer... and then hurls an insult at him just as she exits the room.

It's the little things...

Ackam

A slaver caravan came to my colony. Looking to buy something, I saw a slave Tynan with cool traits.

Skryabin

Quote from: Ackam on September 02, 2018, 01:31:12 PM
A slaver caravan came to my colony. Looking to buy something, I saw a slave Tynan with cool traits.
Wow, what a find! Did you buy him?

That would be fun to enter names of all the members of this community into the game as well...

Ackam

Quote from: Skryabin on September 02, 2018, 06:09:50 PM
Wow, what a find! Did you buy him?

No, I wanted to buy it for the only purpose of having Tynan in my colony but he was terribly bad skilled.