Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S810_Jr

Quote from: ManhuntingSquirrel on December 28, 2018, 11:12:04 PM
Once,some cocaine fell from a escape capsule,i keeped it in my storage.
A few days later,i find a squirrel dead next to where i left the drug,he died of overdose.

Sorry for bad english

Was it related to you? Was it your lover? Is this squirrel's death the reason you now try to wipe out the humans on your planet?

ManHuntingSquirrel

I once saw a visitor called Peeto "Potato" Pupukaka. Peeto is spelled like "Pito"(Dick),pupu is like popo (Spanish for poop) and kaka is exactly like caca (Poop in spanish too)

- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: S810_Jr on December 29, 2018, 06:49:47 AM
Quote from: ManhuntingSquirrel on December 28, 2018, 11:12:04 PM
Once,some cocaine fell from a escape capsule,i keeped it in my storage.
A few days later,i find a squirrel dead next to where i left the drug,he died of overdose.

Sorry for bad english

Was it related to you? Was it your lover? Is this squirrel's death the reason you now try to wipe out the humans on your planet?

No,i made nutritive goo with her corpse,tasted terrible.

S810_Jr

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: S810_Jr on January 13, 2019, 05:39:26 AM
Heh, was a joke about your names origin.

Remember we are talking about Rimworld,canibalism is always an option.

The_Hat

This post could be subtitled "Fun with Psychic Animal Pulser." I think you know where I am going with this.

So I'm having a successful run. Already have over twenty colonists, it's the late stages of year five, I think. Our killbox is almost done. One of the reasons it took this long to begin with is because I have four Goliath turrets, and a bunch of laser turrets, and those ridiculously expensive military grade turrets that require 270 steel apiece.

I have like thirty or forty of them.

Plus a power grid that is woefully ill-equipped for the monstrosity I am building. Which is why I have large areas of enclosed space set aside for power generation. It's going to take a few seasons, I think...if we can only avoid a dire raid until then.

The notification almost makes my heart stop. Dire raid. With 59 soldiers. I've heard of much worse, but the salient point is my base, at its current level of development cannot possibly stop a party of 59 raiders. We're probably going to die now, I think. Not a hope in hell of coming through this one. But what if...I suddenly recall that psychic animal pulser we liberated from a crypt years prior.

I've never before chanced to use one of these. Could it possibly save us?

I grit my teeth, send a colonist to activate the device...and pray.

Immediately, an alert hits the board. The dog, warg, muffalo and gazelle that were living inside camp turn berserk, attack my colonists. We suffer some injuries. One colonist that was on her way to the front lines is waylaid by the muffalo and gazelle, but suffers only minor injuries in dispatching them. The warg gets shot in the halls before it can do too much damage, but the major concern in this situation is the dog, which manages to severely injure three men working in the quarries before it is incapacitated.

This could have been so much terribly worse. About one season prior to this, the colony had amassed an army of about fifty or sixty aerofleet...all of which fortunately died in a raid when I moved the restricted zone to intercept a group of particularly ominous raiders. In hindsight, I am really glad I did this. However, now I'm thinking, great. My only psychic animal pulser, and I just wasted it on the colony animals.

Then I look at the raiding party.

The raiders landed in the worst bloody place imaginable. In a cul de sac. With one opening. Which is where I now notice an army of rhinos, muffaloes, squirrels and ferralisks are coming from to attack them. Boxed into a corner, the raiders can only die screaming horribly before the brunt of forty rampaging animals, while one panicky raider desperately tries to mine an escape route. By the time the escape route is opened, approximately half of the raiding party is either dead or in no condition to pose much of a threat. The remainder flee.

So the raiders will no longer be a problem. But we still have problems of our own. While the raiders are still desperately fighting for their lives against all of the animals that were occupying the southeast corner of the map, I realize to my regret that virtually every other animal is headed right toward base. And the only thing standing between them and my colonists is a flimsy wooden wall (the only wooden wall still left in my mountain base, as it were) and a non-functional killbox. A group of stampeding rhinos effortlessly smash down the structure. And immediately there are ten huge creatures in my killbox. Props go to Vang, who held off that hostile line singlehandedly (albeit armed with an APB rifle), despite harboring serious injuries of her own while colonists finished dealing with our animals and rushed to support her. But by that time, the base was completely overrun. I had to station gunners in hallways adjacent to the killbox to prevent the defenders holding off the advancing line from being attacked from all sides.

In the end, we had three dead colonists (the three that were attacked by our dog, and a demented bouldermit that had snuck into camp through a gap I had lazily left in the southern wall, and it was a bloody fortunate thing that that area was cut off from the rest of the map from my building) and so many injured, we didn't have enough hospital beds to accommodate everyone. But after a grim battle, we finally turned the tide of fighting to our favor.

The saddest part of the whole ordeal is that our freezer had already become so bloated from vegetables and meals, there was really nowhere to put all the animal corpses.   

magans001

I had an animal handler accidently get mauled by a bear he was trying to tame.  He lost vision in both eyes and was depressed for a while.  Later without any help from me, he started tailoring.  By two seasons he had created a bearskin hat, bearskin pants, and bearskin parka.  He was literally wearing the bear that took his eyes.

thryllth

Had a colonist (temporary, I tend to throw wanderers and those calling for help out after a season) I think his name was Liam who refused to wear pants his entire time in the colony.  Note that he was not a nudist, he was not set to not wearing pants and he decidedly did have the negative moodlet for nudity but he just would not put them on and if I forced him to wear a pair he would take them off as soon as I cleared the forced clothing.  This persisted the entire winter as he had shown up at my door with a party of 6 howling barbarians after him in late Septober and by the time the raid was done it would have counted as abandoning him to die to banish due to the weather.  Up to this point all my colonists had been female and now here is this dude running around the halls all winter long missing a fairly important article of clothing.  Needless to say he was handed a gun and knife and shown the exit as soon as spring rolled around.

Kirby23590

I had someone who threw a Tantrum in the colony... His was Gil... He was very upset from the intense pain after being downed by a lancer in melee combat, he was brawler and luckily had an Shield Belt...

So yeah he threw a tantrum and smashed some stuff for repairs... And then he started going into Eli's Room and Gil was smashing Eli's Bed... and Eli was sleeping on it!

The problem... Eli doesn't care... He had the Heavy Sleeper Trait from Psychology, and was snoring the entire time! And no disturb sleeps were given...

Gil: RARAAHHHHHHHH!!!! GODDAMN THIS STUPID @$$ COLONY!!! RAHAHGHGHGH!!! *Smashes Eli's bed*
Eli: *Snores*
Gil: GAHHHHHHHH!! *Continues Smashing bed until the beg's leg falls off*
Eli: *Snores*
Gil: Whew... I had to get that out of my veins... Ah oh...
Eli: *Snores and Grabs his blanket and continues to sleep without any problem*
Gil: I had to get out of here before he wakes up...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Yakos_demon

once I had my colonists exploit an ancestral danger, inside there were insects that were killed quickly, when I went to collect the spoils of the crypt, one of my settlers had a tantrum mental collapse and began to hit an antigrain warhead and it simply blew up the whole room killing all my settlers ;D

Warwise

Not the funniest, but most recent.
I was playing on a Random Randy naked survivor Tundra map, and a drop pod fell with a bleeding survivor who would die in 5 hours. I was down to one colonist because everyone else had died or was captured on a recent raid, so I really, really needed to save her.
The problem was that there was a raider nearby waiting to attack. I got my lone guy and sent him to rescue the bleeding woman, set a temporary bed close to her because there would be no time to bring her back to base, and started patching her. The raider started the attack while I was patching one of her major bleeding so I would have to finish stabilizing her after the fight.
Both fight, my guy using his revolver against the raider with a knife. My guy almost died, but managed to kill him. I was happy, I could still save her.
Now I could take care of the survivor and rebuild my colony, right?

Wrong.

A hungry lynx come out of nowhere and bite the head of the bleeding pod drop survivor, killing her instantily.

On the way back to camp my guy acquired the plague, which he couldnt cure due to how bad he was at medicine.
Amazing.

Its funny how it seems you really get to start enjoying the game after the 200th hour.

JaJe

*Playing with Combat Extend mod*

I have my base surrounded by walls and embrasures, didn't unlocked guns tech yet so I was fighting with bow against one though guy behind embrasure. I was almost sure that this time I would lose it. However during the fight, one of the arrow that I missed instead hit a predator which went manhunt and killed the raider for me.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

Pangaea

Interesting bump and thread. I need to read more in here :)

No lack of funny stories in RimWorld, that's for sure. This one isn't all that funny (at least to me), but quite embarrassing.

Searching for steel with the long-range scanner. A few spots pop up, and they happen to be near each other. I send 7 guys off with 4 muffalos in transport pods. The first spot is fine, no surprises, and we clear it out in a few days. Off to the road to the second spot.

We are met by 23 manhunting COWS.

I'm thinking this should be fine; cows can't do much damage, right?

WRONG!

When all your guys get surrounded by 3-4 of the buggers, they're going down to pain sooner or later. And my guys aren't usually walkovers. Two with sniper rifles, one mini-gun, two assault rifles and a melee with a fliping thrumbo horn (first time ever I've fought those beauties, it has always felt wrong).

Unfortunately for us, however, the map loaded with foggy weather, so we can't hit shit. 23 cows is a lot.

Total party wipe :(
Reload. Total party wipe  >:(

Arse! So I save scum again and avoid the nasty beasts. Move on to the next spot. Hope we don't get mauled by nasties there too. Had my hopes up for oodles of steel.

(Nobody technically died ofc, but everybody were downed with mostly non-bleeding wounds, which counts as "caravan lost".)

Pangaea

Dahamma

I don't think this necessarily qualifies as funniest thing ever, but I thought it was bizarrely interesting...

The stereotype of course is to go have a smoke after sex, but one of my colonists has decided his thing is to get up and cook.  For the 4th night in the row after he got it on with his wife, he immediately got up and spent half the night frying up some extra meals. 

Maybe he's cooking her breakfast?