Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

A drop pod crashes. It's a survivor! I check her stats.

"Meh." is my reaction.

Then I remember that my empath, Miller, runs around naked.

"I better get him her shirt at least."

Off goes Miller, to "chat" with the survivor, who's now been suffering far out in the desert for at least a day.

"I feel your pain, ma'am. But... would you mind if I borrowed your shirt for a bit? Oh, I know. Your ribs are shattered. I guess this is going to hurt a bit then. I'm so sorry. Am I crying? I get so emotional sometimes. I don't want to do this but I'm sure you understand."

Off comes the shirt, probably together with her dignity. Miller returns to base. A few days pass. Now, my base is completely walled off, and I decide it's time to move the wall a bit. I start removing the wall and setting blueprints for the new one. Suddenly I get a message 'Colonist needs treatment'. It's Miller! I focus to him to see what's happening. A purple name tag hovers next to him.

"Huh? How did that guy get here? Hmm. That's a female... NO... IT CAN'T BE!"

Turns out the lady in the desert was far more resilient than I had anticipated as she was beating Miller with great rage. She had visibly recovered from her "extreme" pain and been wandering in the desert for days. I'm theorizing she survived by eating the survival meals left by previous would-be siegers close by. Of course that wasn't enough to keep her sane and she had ended up berserking, and she had entered my base as soon as I had broken down the wall. Poor Miller. He was incapable of violence, and as a result got a whooole bunch of bruising before his assailant was stopped by the others.

This time I burned her body afterwards just to be sure. Sheesh.

Lost Cause

Sweet holy mother of....
My colony.... every colonist.... all 13 of them....
just got wiped out by deer....
Just deer. Nothing else... No wave of pirates, no psychic wail driving them all mad. Just every single deer on the map rushing then. Three of my people were caught in the open, all instantly killed by a sea of hooves and antlers. 3 more, all armed with miniguns managed to take up defensive positions behind 18 turrets... it wasn't enough. the deer ran past the turrets, leaving a trail of corpses behind, leaped over the sandbags and I had 3 more dead or incapacitated colonists.
All my doors just vanished before the flood. Nothing could stop them. The last 7 colonists died all over my base, just picked off one by one. Most not even getting off a shot.
The final colonist was killed dragging some metal to the hastily placed wall segment in an effort to block the only access door to the room he was in... he just wasn't quick enough.
They are all dead... all dead...
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

UrbanBourbon

Looks like... the buck didn't stop there.
*takes cover*

HatesYourFace

If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Lost Cause

I started a new colony in the desert for fun and... Well, I just watched my miner spend 2 days hunting a single beetle.
The tragic part is they are my best shooter and they had the lee-enfield.
They literally started starving to death while shooting at an unconscious Megascarab.
by the time it finally died (presumably of blood loss) the Megascarab had lost 5 legs and had a list of injuries to many other body parts some of which I don't even know what they are.
My miner gained 2 levels of shooting skill and got a fine meal out of it.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

ShootyFace

I have had a lot of interesting, hilarious, and downright awful things happen playing the stupid amount of hours I have with this game.

My most recent was realizing that a certain 'Doge' was refusing to leave. He would hang about my base, steal food, and then wander out into the map, only to come back and steal more food. Once I noticed the behavior, I kept watching him, and he'd wander out and about, and come back to eat my stocks. I arrested him, and he quickly joined ('such base, much potato') and proved to be a killing machine. Made him a hunter and he kept my colony well stocked in meat, and was a straight up killer when raiders dropped.

Maybe not funny, but both his name and seeing this 'hangabout' behavior for the first time, it's definitely a memorable experience for me.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Dr. Z

Could this has been the event where a wanderer appears and joins your colony? So he didn't steel food but was actually a colonist, could also be the reason why he joined that fast when you arrested him. Did any faction become hostile when you arrested him?
Prasie the Squirrel!

theapolaustic1

The arrow/distance are how far away my colonists were.

That guy they shot in the back was their assassin. He had a 16 in shooting. They killed him for me. Four shots from an R-4, one from an M16. They killed him before they even got the turret down to half health.

That entire situation was funny. After they finished him off and eventually got the turret down, they came along. Two more guys die, the rest run. All throughout combat, I've got my morbidly obese colonist who somehow has Jogger (+32% move speed) as a trait and a pretty high medicine score running out, grabbing colonists, pulling them back, patching them up and then shoving them out of bed and the door so that they can start shooting again.

After we chase them off and everyone climbs into bed, shot to shit but alive and thankful, what happens?

Psychic wave driving a shitload of squirrels insane, and they all attack the door that's out of range of my one remaining turret.

Surprisingly no one died, but the list of injuries took up the entire Health field.

muffins

A prisoner in my jail who lost his leg and has zero movement. His trait? Fast walker  :'(

Newly recruited colonist with crazy high shooting skills. I give him full power armour and a M2 machine gun (from the gun mod). The first time he ventures out to kill something, and the very first time he gets hit ...

... both eyes destroyed.

Lazarus

Playing the other day I had my colony set up near a mountain side which was nice spot since it only had one way in.

I had two fields set up near the mountain and was also building some new rooms for my pawns when I get a message saying "Roof collapse" curious as my screen was else where at the time I paused and clicked on it to find it had landed on my field with a pawn right next to it... I think we need to add a new feature in so it can say "Shit myself" The area was a no roof zone after that
Poke poke, stab stab.

milon

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 21, 2014, 04:23:57 AM
Could this has been the event where a wanderer appears and joins your colony? So he didn't steel food but was actually a colonist, could also be the reason why he joined that fast when you arrested him. Did any faction become hostile when you arrested him?
Not likely.  If the character was a colonist, he would have automatically had relevant jobs enabled and would have busied himself doing something useful.  That, and there would have been a notification about it.  I'm guessing a faction became hostile instead.  (Which is better than having hoards of visitors steal your food!)

ShootyFace

Dr. Z, no, he didn't join, he was light blue like visiting faction members are. I noticed him right away because of the name, and it wasn't until much later that I realized he hadn't left, and was coming back to my base to help himself to our food. I can't remember what his title was, but it wasn't affiliated with any of the factions in the list. I remember distinctly being distraught that capturing or killing him might tick off one of the factions anyway, so I went with arresting him because I figured I'd need him if I did make a new enemy.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

milon

So that makes him a faction-less visitor then.  That's interesting.  Bug maybe?  New event?  Either way, that's pretty cool!

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: milon on August 22, 2014, 12:57:11 PM
So that makes him a faction-less visitor then.  That's interesting.  Bug maybe?  New event?  Either way, that's pretty cool!
Probably a crashed drop pod victim that he forgot/left out there, thinking he'd starve sooner or later. They might not do that. I've now had drop pod victims recover on multiple occasions, and have them join my other colonists for breakfast, whether I liked it or not. I think their faction title is 'Space refugee' or somesuch...?

Shinzy

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 22, 2014, 01:58:03 PM
Quote from: milon on August 22, 2014, 12:57:11 PM
Probably a crashed drop pod victim that he forgot/left out there, thinking he'd starve sooner or later. They might not do that. I've now had drop pod victims recover on multiple occasions, and have them join my other colonists for breakfast, whether I liked it or not. I think their faction title is 'Space refugee' or somesuch...?

Oh that'd make sense, cause the spacers can't leave the area to go home