Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

You know, squirrels are just so damned cool, they don't even need the eye.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Quote from: Freya 'Tail' Fairwing on August 27, 2014, 07:16:52 AM
Shot the eye clean out of a squirrel without damaging the head. I don't even know how that's possible. Plus, its status was still 'Healthy'

So, the game means to tell me there's a squirrel scurrying around with only one eye, the other eye replaced by a 5.56 round gently sizzling in the night sky, and the squirrel is just all 'Nah, I'm cool' and acting like nothing's wrong.

He had good reflexes and very strong muscular eye lids
squeezed the lids so hard the bullet had to stop right there without advancing any further

It's just a hunters' legend waiting to happen! "Tha Ol' Bullet eye, still scurrying bout out thar! Ain't nobody has evarr managed to hunt 'im down, Arr"

Damien Hart

Quote from: Shinzy on August 27, 2014, 08:14:55 AM
Quote from: Freya 'Tail' Fairwing on August 27, 2014, 07:16:52 AM
Shot the eye clean out of a squirrel without damaging the head. I don't even know how that's possible. Plus, its status was still 'Healthy'

So, the game means to tell me there's a squirrel scurrying around with only one eye, the other eye replaced by a 5.56 round gently sizzling in the night sky, and the squirrel is just all 'Nah, I'm cool' and acting like nothing's wrong.

He had good reflexes and very strong muscular eye lids
squeezed the lids so hard the bullet had to stop right there without advancing any further

It's just a hunters' legend waiting to happen! "Tha Ol' Bullet eye, still scurrying bout out thar! Ain't nobody has evarr managed to hunt 'im down, Arr"

And with each telling of the legend, the details will change more and more, until eventually the squirrel is the size of a bear, with claws like scythes, waiting to reap unwary colonists, and that one great eye, smouldering with an eternal vengeance for the one who took his other eye... Which by that stage, will have been removed by an RPG.

Dr. Z

Yeah, 'nother squirrel-story just happened:

Today my farmer was hunting a squirrel with a Sjörgen Rifle (3-shot-burst, Project Armory). She managed to shoot multiple times in all four legs, the tail, the ear and the eye before...incapacitating it... :(
Prasie the Squirrel!

Sir Wagglepuss III

It's always the squirrels...

I set up my prison building around the 20 day mark or so, bunch of beds in one room with a connecting room (No door) housing a table and chairs in it.

Whilst setting it up I failed to notice a squirrel hanging around, and he became locked in the prison building as it was constructed. My knee-jerk reaction was to make food of the little critter and be done with it, but I thought I'd leave him in there to see how long he lasts.

Well, I forgot about him and a day or two later a tribal prisoner takes up residence. This guy takes a ridiculous amount of time to score lucky on the recruit and it isn't until around day 60 that this guy finally gives in. When the notification pops up at long last that this guy had enough of pacing his cell for weeks on end, I give the prison building a proper check... To see the very same squirrel, still running around.

The little sod survived by eating part of the prisoner's meals as they were being delivered (Floor was done up with wood planks, so he wasn't munching grass/berries).

I gave in, and made an extension on the prison building with a wooden fence (Mod) so that the squirrel could survive off the grass/berries that grew there. The colony is about 160 days old now and he's still in there, being our mascot and keeping the prisoners company.

I imagine when the colony finally burns to the ground, he'll still be there.

Wandering.

Eating.

Maria

It must be the time a large group of pirates was building a base on the other side of the map. My hard working colonist were very busy hauling the previous pirates`food and supplies into their own stockpile. We had managed to get them early in their attack, so there was much left for my men to loot.

Suddenly a lonely pirate starts to walk across the map, toward an unfinished turret, in the defeated pirate base. Carrying arms full of metal. He was going to continue building the turret that the previous pirate group did not manage to finish. That poor idiot.

My colonist did nothing but wait for his arrival, and gun him down. Poor guy, he was largely outnumbered. But what do you think happened next? To my surprise another pirate started to walk towards the turret. Gunned him down as well. This happened over and over, until the very last man in that pirate band was gone.

I could do nothing else than laugh, what a great way to defeat such a large group of nasty pirates!

Shinzy

Some of my guys were emptying the graves to cremate the bodies so I can fit more
dead people in there

the siegers thought they'd help me a bit with my task and started hurling incineration shells over there

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Srgntcuddles

Gandalf in the making!
http://imgur.com/nKQopNV

Another one I don't have a picture for, I piled all my corpses outside my front door. Made it moderately difficult to break in to ensure max time for negative effects to break the mind and let that crashed pod get to extreme level. Result was everyone that wasn't my psychically deaf only colonists going crazy. No more pesky visitors eating my rations...Now they eat each other!
Lapine Laboratories - Where bunnies test on people! For the better of human kind.

mickel

So yeah, typical pirate raid, about 20-30 of them for each of my colonists. Until two dozen pirates decide to cluster as close to two of my mortars as they can and then shoot them with everything they had.

And then the pirates had a slightly lower numerical advantage.

Bodog999

Quote from: BassMonroe on August 15, 2014, 05:46:22 AM
The day a Boomrat snuck its way into my battery room, and exploded after 2 day of being stuck there.
Put my colony in total darkness for 3 days.
Gotta love boomrats :P

Bodog999

Most favorite moment? having 4 colonists and a MAI defending my base equiped with M-24's miniguns and an energy rifle my blind colonist called "EnterElysium" kills the most raiders including with 5 headshots. Then raiders got angry and incapped all the colonists including MAI. She's not friendly when incapped. 1 word.....BOOM! Gordon dead :/ laughed my ass off though when raiders got owned

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Bodog999

Quote from: Dr. Z on September 01, 2014, 12:55:29 PM
What is a MAI?
A MAI aka "Mobile Artifical Intelligence" is part of a mod. Its basically a smart robot.

SubZeroBricks

Well.. of all the trading ship names I have seen, I found this one hilarious...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

Bodog999

Quote from: SubZeroBricks on September 02, 2014, 09:15:48 AM
Well.. of all the trading ship names I have seen, I found this one hilarious...
Ah that one xD got that one so many times. From food supplier to combat supplier