Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thibideau

The is the first time I've posted here but figured this would be a good place to start.

I've been playing on a map for a while now and just managed to get to year 3. Anyways the first person I managed to recruit after the start was a crash landed pop star named Min. She really wasn't a great asset but she has amazing social and constructing so I've kept her around. The rub is that she's Very neurotic so she has a high mental break thresh hold. As luck would have it of the 5 times that I've had a gender specific drone wave come around 4 out of 5 were female and every time the same thing happens. I have to arrest Min before she runs off the map. Once she's in my prison she goes berserk and someone has to go in and smack her.

The sad part is that each time she ends up taking some sort of catastrophic damage in the scuffle and I now have the ugliest pop start in the known universe. The first time they crushed her right eye, the second they destroyed her left arm, the third time it was a shattered rib, and most recently they destroyed her left foot. She's currently hobbling around my prison waiting to be recruited once more. I don't think she has many more of these little temper tantrums left before she ends up a red smear on the prison floor >>

muffins

I carefully, and expensively, build up a stash of emergency rations in case of dire need ... then my "visitors" decide to help themselves to the lot of it.

If you put your ear up close to the image, you can just about hear me scream "NOOOOOOoOoOOoooooooo!!!!"

I don't feel so bad about walling them off in a giant tomb now.

Shinzy

The post above is exactly why I love the visitors so much!
they're like on the level with Winnie the pooh in unintentional jerkiness
but just.. hundreds of them

Blipblapjack

3 Tribal bandits prepare to set up to siege. a minute later, 2 retreat from a squirrel attacking them.

hunter2012

Quote from: muffins on September 21, 2014, 04:41:06 AM
I carefully, and expensively, build up a stash of emergency rations in case of dire need ... then my "visitors" decide to help themselves to the lot of it.

image removed - don't quote giant images

If you put your ear up close to the image, you can just about hear me scream "NOOOOOOoOoOOoooooooo!!!!"

I don't feel so bad about walling them off in a giant tomb now.
Just .....How?!?

C. Fenderson

Within the first week, right after I built my first turret, a group of 3 (I play on Phoebe) friendlies pops up.  I decide to test out the new turret on one named Johs.  He gets incapacitated, the rest of them get pissed off, and a fight ensues.  Next thing I know, I see a 'headshot' on my lee user.  He fights until the end.  We get him fixed up, but both of his eyes are gone now, I wind up recruiting Johs.
Since then, lee wielder (can't remember his name offhand) has given me a world of trouble.  A male psychic drone passed over and caused him to go insane, so I had to arrest him.  He was my ONLY researcher at the time.  Recruited him again, and I regularly get warnings of a mental break because the little boomer just doesn't want to eat.  He consistently starves himself every time he goes to that research table.  Think it might be because he can't read anything, but whatever.  I have to draft/undraft him every time he decides to go on hunger strike, which is every couple of days.
And, to top it all off, he complains when it's dark.  How can you even TELL that it's dark?!  You don't have any eyes!

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: C. Fenderson on September 21, 2014, 11:35:58 PM
Within the first week, right after I built my first turret, a group of 3 (I play on Phoebe) friendlies pops up.  I decide to test out the new turret on one named Johs.  He gets incapacitated, the rest of them get pissed off, and a fight ensues.  Next thing I know, I see a 'headshot' on my lee user.  He fights until the end.  We get him fixed up, but both of his eyes are gone now, I wind up recruiting Johs.
Since then, lee wielder (can't remember his name offhand) has given me a world of trouble.  A male psychic drone passed over and caused him to go insane, so I had to arrest him.  He was my ONLY researcher at the time.  Recruited him again, and I regularly get warnings of a mental break because the little boomer just doesn't want to eat.  He consistently starves himself every time he goes to that research table.  Think it might be because he can't read anything, but whatever.  I have to draft/undraft him every time he decides to go on hunger strike, which is every couple of days.
And, to top it all off, he complains when it's dark.  How can you even TELL that it's dark?!  You don't have any eyes!

Spidyy

My favorite charater : Ellie (renamed), teacher, Excellent cooking, social and research skills...

15 year old.

I wish I could keep her in every colony. :p

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Spidyy on September 24, 2014, 03:20:48 PM
My favorite charater : Ellie (renamed), teacher, Excellent cooking, social and research skills...

15 year old.

I wish I could keep her in every colony. :p

Even better would be if she'd always be the last survivor in any colony she's in. Therefore she'll always have the distinction of being..."The Last of Us."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Matthiasagreen

a bit funny but more frustrating.

Three starting guys with guns (obviously) against the second raid with three tribespeople. I am behind a set of sandbags  and they are partially covered around corners of the mountain. I am getting shot after shot in on one guy and he doesn't go down. He keeps throwing pilas at me with no success. The fight goes on surprisingly long until the pila-wielding tribesman finally gets a single shot on me.

And rips off my leg.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

RemingtonRyder

Crashed ship part which I couldn't destroy even with four mortars going.

Then a hostile tribe launches an attack and, well, on their way they run into some Centipedes and Scythers.  By the end of it, the mechanoids are all dead or incapacitated, and the ship part?  It's been destroyed by friendly fire from the Centipedes.

Just goes to show, sometimes negative events don't go the way the storyteller intended. ;)

Matthiasagreen

The Storyteller is never wrong! She/He meant to do that! All hail The Storytellers!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

kingtyris

So Strapping became fixated on this one Packaged Survival Meal. She would sit at the table and stare at it, but not eat it. She would occasionally walk into the food storage with it, only to walk back out and start staring again.

Eventually, she starved to death. But her corpse remained red, her name didn't go away, and her corpse started sliding across the floor of its own free will. Scary indeed...

Peaches

I was besieged and my colonists were asleep. The pirates shot a mortar from across a large map, it hit my housing block, and landed on one of my colonist's head amd exploded. I looked at the corpse's body overlay and the colonist didn't die from the explosion but from the impact of a mortar hitting his head....

Peaches

Strapping was eating nutrient paste when a mortar from pirates flew into the room and was a direct hit on him and killed him. I looked at his body overlay and the mortar explosion didn't kill him but the impact of the mortar hitting his head killed him.....