Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REMworlder

That trading mechanic would be genius. I've done some of it with corpses already, but selling food away from raiders is awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/4sUvQdm.jpg

Sion

This happened less than 5 minutes ago, a lightning thunderstorm had just started and suddenly a lightning strike hits my research table and a adjacent power cable witch setts them on fire, and all my colonists rushes to put out the fire.
Just as they have finished fighting the fire and turned their backs at the research table THE FREAKING LIGHTNING HITS THE SAME EXACT TILE AGAIN!!!
How awesome isn't that?
It has now been proven beyond all doubt that in RimWorld the lightning CAN strike the same spot twice!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Terramorphus

My first alpha 7 colony, I decided to punish my 2 prisoners that refused to join the colony (99% recruitment difficulty). I cut off both their legs, replaced them with peggs, took one lung and kidney from each of them, then freed them from their prison :o. I couldn't help but laugh, thinking about what a local tribe or pirate gang would think of my colony if they saw two people with stilts as legs, hobbling away from my colony, cursing about how they took their damn kidneys ;D.

Thorin

Had yesterday evening my first real go at it. Seen enough youtubes to know stuff but without any practical knowledge, auwtch for my first colony.
Chose Phoebe, 1 setting lower then challange (60%setting). Since I'm a newbie, so took it a bit "easier" (so I thought).

Started with 3 peeps, got reduced, by error in judgement, to 1 survivor. Had some prisoners whom finally survived my mismanagement. Got back up to 3. Captured an other one. Nice!, I finally have 4 now. I feel comfortable now, I can do more stuff.

Oh deer, the mechs have dropped a pod. I send someone out, to poke it with a bullet from afar. Scyther comes out to take a look, one shot kill. Back to 3, darn.

Surprise!, have some more. A group of raiders this time. Managed to fight them off with my remaining turrets and people. But not without consequences: 1 more dead, 1 unconscious and 1 still standing (the medic), but I can have another prisoner too. Hauled both of them back, when....

Humming intensifies, local herd of deer went mad.
They went straight for the colony, the turrets kill half of them. The rest, they found my medic until he was unconscious too, in my house.

This colony is doomed, doomed I say.
Total play time, a mere 4 hours.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Sion

Quote from: Sion on October 16, 2014, 03:49:21 PM
This happened less than 5 minutes ago, a lightning thunderstorm had just started and suddenly a lightning strike hits my research table and a adjacent power cable witch setts them on fire, and all my colonists rushes to put out the fire.
Just as they have finished fighting the fire and turned their backs at the research table THE FREAKING LIGHTNING HITS THE SAME EXACT TILE AGAIN!!!
How awesome isn't that?
It has now been proven beyond all doubt that in RimWorld the lightning CAN strike the same spot twice!

This is the 3'rd time it happens:

Shinzy

Quote from: Sion on October 17, 2014, 05:27:03 PM
Quote from: Sion on October 16, 2014, 03:49:21 PM
How awesome isn't that?

This is the 3'rd time it happens:

Hmm I remember there was a thread about the lightning striking fixed positions on a map
guess it must be true =P

p.s. love the orchard

Sion

(of topic)
Thanks, it cant be much more efficient than that, and it is relatively easy to setup, just make a huge growing zone, set it to grow trees, then use the "remove zone" tool to make horizontal and vertical lines to generate the grid pattern.
Then fill in the rest with another kind of growing zone, make sure it doesn't connect with the tree-growing-zone or you will have to do it again.

EBrown

Well, so far the funniest thing I have seen is the name of this world:

Zuben-el-genubiZubeneschamali

Thanks,
EBrown

MacG

Quote from: Terramorphus on October 16, 2014, 07:24:25 PM
My first alpha 7 colony, I decided to punish my 2 prisoners that refused to join the colony (99% recruitment difficulty). I cut off both their legs, replaced them with peggs, took one lung and kidney from each of them, then freed them from their prison :o. I couldn't help but laugh, thinking about what a local tribe or pirate gang would think of my colony if they saw two people with stilts as legs, hobbling away from my colony, cursing about how they took their damn kidneys ;D.

Don't forget to give them dentures and then remove them.

MajorMonotone

I was being attacked once by a group of 15 pirates and after a long and bloody battle I finally killed all but one.
The sod ran off into the forest only to be struck by lightning 30 seconds later.
Har-Har! Karma you son of a gun!

Cimanyd

New colony, colonists just landed, looking around on the map for a good site.
I see this nearby: http://i.imgur.com/5SK0E4i.png

Whoever built those ancient ruins into that mountain were sure good at preserving food.

Unrelated, but funny, story, from an Alpha 6 colony:
(I don't remember all the details, this might not be completely accurate.)

Two groups visited my colony at the same time. Two women from an outlander town, with pistols, and four people from a friendly tribe, with normal tribal weapons (shortbow, handful of stones, pila; this is before melee weapons). Naturally, the two were enemies of each other. In fact, all the factions were enemies of all the other factions, but that's not important.

Eventually, of course, they start fighting (right inside the colony's entrance). I laugh at them, draft nearby colonists to keep out of the way, and watch. The two from the town take cover behind cave walls. Three of the tribals must not have had good cover, they were soon dead, but the guy with a pila had stayed behind a stone wall at the entrance. Two pistols obviously have an advantage over one pila, given enough time, but the remaining three are in a stalemate for quite a while, all three of them are shooting/throwing around corners and have a low chance to hit their enemy because of the good cover.

Suddenly... a sound effect, and at the top of the screen, "Visitors from Some Outlander Town are leaving."

The two of them leave their cover, to leave, I assume. One of them immediately gets hit by a pila and her arm gets chopped off.

I don't remember the rest, except for this:
I don't think they actually left after that, I think they changed their minds and kept fighting.
The one missing an arm died from insta-blood-loss when her other arm was destroyed.
There was only one survivor from the battle. I don't remember for sure if it was "Pila Guy" or "Still-Has-Her-Arms." The first would make for a better story, but I think it was the second.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Wex

Pirate attack. They decide to wait for a while.
Otto, top class assassin of 67 years old, is out hunting squirrels.
They drop "a gunshot" away from him. I immediately draft him and put him in cover (small rocky formation). He engages a enemy sniper.
One shot, enemy hit. No effect? I pause and check the health tab: left arm shot off.
Second shot, the enemy drops his M24. On the tab was: right arm shot off.
That pirate sure had a pair, because he charghed Otto (to headbutt him, I presume), but the third shoot got his head off.
I guess Otto is a bit sadic.  :o
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

NoImageAvailable

Just finished a game, built a ship and was just about to load everyone in when suddenly Mechanoids decided to attack. Not really in the mood to deal with them I just went ahead and escaped the planet although I was curious what the Mechanoids would do now that all the colonists are gone so kept watching.

They spent about a month punching down stone walls until eventually roofs started collapsing, more often than not right onto a Mechanoid. This went on until a force of 8 Scythers and 4 Centipedes was reduced to 3 Scythers and one Centipede as the rest died to their own stupidity when two visitors arrived and promptly went for the ruins of my former colony. One got oneshot by a Scyther the moment she walked in, the other took cover behind one of the surviving walls and engaged the remaining Scythers with her pistol. Two of the mechs positioned themselves a good bit away from her while the third went in closer and after a prolonged shoot-out was destroyed by friendly fire. After about half a day of both sides failing to hit each other the Centipede managed to finally close the range and take the visitor out with one shot from its Inferno Cannon.

They then went back to punching walls for a bit until about a dozen pirates decided to raid the smoldering ruins and while half of them died in a firefight during which an AI ship literally crashed right into the middle of it they managed to kill the remaining Scythers and cripple the Centipede. The pirates then went on to punch the walls a bit themselves only to give up and leave after a short while. I haven't watched beyond that point but I am a bit intrigued to load up the save again just to see what will happen once the ship AI kicks into gear and all the visitors and raiders immediately get mauled by psychotic animals and/or go insane from the psychic drone.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

hyperkiller

1st time playing, i researched motors, so i made one... on the front line but behind a few improvised turrets.... as i seen the range was small on the motor, thinking it was the shooting line and to the motor. now i know that the range is that and farther. but i had all my guys next to the motor waiting for this wave of 3 guys to come (i had about 5) and one of the hostile guys had grenades.. he walked up threw one and it landed on the sentry turret.(also note that i didnt know sentrys had an explosive range when destroyed, and i had everything real close to each other) and everything went BOOM. I was then like "wtf just happened?!?" yeah shortest game i had there. (after that I got really good at the game)

Also after trying again I had a line around my base with improved turrets and 1 guy manage to destroy one and they all blew up . it was every other spaced was a turret. maybe about 50 turrets i think. lol

Cimanyd

Quote from: Cimanyd on October 20, 2014, 01:10:39 AM
New colony, colonists just landed, looking around on the map for a good site.
I see this nearby: http://i.imgur.com/5SK0E4i.png

Whoever built those ancient ruins into that mountain were sure good at preserving food.
70 days later, an incendiary mortar shell hit the ruin and caught one of the meals on fire, which ended up burning four of them. The two on the bottom left are still there.

Edit2: Day 128, an explosive mortar shell hits the last two, the ruin food is gone. :(

Neurotrainers. Very rare, very unlikely you'll actually get offered a useful one. I can only imagine how nice one or two medical neurotrainers would be. Or three. Or ten... Early in the colony, some random trader (not even an exotic goods one) had one of these rare devices! No other trader would ever sell me one of these, they said! Less than 2000 silver, they said! What exactly was it they were selling?

An artistic neurotrainer.

I didn't buy it.

Edit: Day 98. An exotic goods trader shows up! Let's see what nice exotic things they have for sale.

>:(

If I see a third one I'm buying it.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.