Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimanyd

Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

chaouki

Quote from: Cimanyd on October 25, 2014, 02:14:21 AM

The results

I wish I'll ever see a cool message like that :) Such events make this game even better than it already is and give it a very unique note.

Deux

Funniest I have seen, raiders attack my base, friendly natives show up and help me fight. I manage to capture 5 raiders and I lock them up in prison, only to have the dam friendlies go into the jail cell and shoot all my prisoners.....

Dr. Z

So today I ordered a colonist to get his eye removed and replaced by a byonic eye. Unfortunatley, there was a rock debris right on the interaction spot of the medical bed, so my doctor decides to try out a new way of anesthetizeing and dropped the stone right on top of the patients head...

You are welcome to fill the speech bubble in the picture. I imagine her saying something like: "Classic."
Prasie the Squirrel!

Thorin

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

mrspoon

Just after a battle I noticed one of my original 3 colonists would not eat no matter what i tried to do....starvation warning.    I finally noticed his jaw had been shot off !
Damn you for realism dev(s) ..... and its awesome that the game has this little bits that really make sense when you finally notice why someone would not eat.

Shinzy

Quote from: mrspoon on October 31, 2014, 07:53:39 PM
Just after a battle I noticed one of my original 3 colonists would not eat no matter what i tried to do....starvation warning.    I finally noticed his jaw had been shot off !
Damn you for realism dev(s) ..... and its awesome that the game has this little bits that really make sense when you finally notice why someone would not eat.
The game does really not warn you about that at all! I lost one colonist to that!
kinda wish you'd get some warning about it 'before' they are about to keel over from starvation
my second colonist I managed to save from that fate, when I knew what was causing it =P it was some hectic
you - get a new jaw, naow! YOU operate this colonist, and you! force feed the poor thing
he survived =P but oh my

Snownova

Quote from: mrspoon on October 31, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

For realism someone with no jaw should only be able to eat nutrient paste. That way keeping one of those around would serve a purpose.

Darkfirephoenix

Phew! I just survived hell for my little and early colony: I'm playing with TechTreeMinami and have only 3 colonists (the starting ones).
So let's start: I get a message that a mega beast appeared, luckily on the other side of the map so that is no problem. After 30 min I get a message that some ppl will land in droppods because "something terrible" was on their ship, I don't thinky anything about it and capture all 3 of them. 1 min later one of the prisoner turns into a Abomination! So I try to kite and kill it on range, but I don't have much space to maneuver, so I send my 3 ppl outside and guess what: THE FRIGGIN MEGABEAST STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY BASE! So I'm sandwiched between the Abomination in my base and the Megabeast outside...

I don't really remember how I survived them both, but I did survive and have now 5 colonists (3 original ones and the 2 prisoners now too), the only permanent damage is a missing foot for one colonist and a missing hand for another one.

ccheuer

There was once a man named Dimitri. He started out at the colony like a fresh born babe, not a mark on him. Noticing that he was 15 in shooting, I designated him my main combat dude. Dimitri was strong, he would often take on waves of 15+ with naught but a pair of turrets to aid him. Things escalated quickly however, as the danger of his role often led him to the hospital section of my base.

The wounds he acquired were extensive. A squirrel bite off his left ear, a tribal savage sliced off his right. His left thumb was shot off, his right hand cut off. He lost his left big toe, and had one eye burned to oblivion by a mechanoid. He had an array of scars down his chest, and a bad back from carrying the burden of the colony's protection. His neck was nearly severed, and all could be seen now was a mass of scar across it. But still, he fought on. Over time I gave him improvements. It wasn't long before he had full bionics, even having his sight in one eye restored.
The colonists loved him, he was their protector, their guardian, their savior.

Then one day, the burden became to great, and Dimitri killed us all...

Shinzy

Honestly I had forgotten diseases even were part of the game, I hadn't experienced the diseases since at the very beginning

and now all the sudden just boom sudden malaria outbreak
that was bit over 20 colonists who got it
I really thought the game broke or something I've never seen so many messages pop up on screen at the same time

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

MarshyJay

The moment when you get attacked by 3 centipede then as they were coming to my colony a physic wave affected what seemed like every boomrat on the planet, well lets say they weren't pretty...

hyperkiller

Just had a moment where i just got done fortifying my colony, with sandbags and turrets on all the open sides, (was in a corner so only had 1 legit way getting in) and then a mercanary team drop poded into the middle of my exposed base right on my planetary beacon (forgot they did that sometimes). it did not end well for me as all my turrets were no where near them :/