Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datanoppa

This made me laugh aloud.
I had incident with Ancient ship crashing my backyard and pirates assaulting siege same time, it didn't end well either side.
Pic included if it works. 

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ryukenss

Just started a new world, with a new colony. I find a single cryosleep casket, and i open it with people ready to fire. Friendly injured pops out, I quickly build a shelter around. I had amazing specialized characters here, and I had a social. Second try the friendly (Named Rush) is recruited. She is a great shot, and has a lot of other skills. However, she is Too Smart, so she ends up being dazed a few times. She gives up and tries to leave, and i arrest her. First time my social guy recruits her. She keeps this up for a while, and now she is a glass cannon in her own way. Next up in the New Colony, dubbed Salvation, a new guy named Lie Ren is beating out a fire from an electric discharge, when suddenly he goes to bed on the other side of the fire. People barely put his bed out, as i am LMFAO very hard. And he sleeps through it. Will probably post more as Salvation develops, but it is being slow to advance. TL;DR A girl is always leaving the colony and then rejoining, Lie Ren sleeps while he is on fire.
A psychic wave swipes over the land.
Your colonist are okay but...
It seems the Squirrels of the region have been driven insane

Ryukenss

It has been about an hour from my last post. I have a few new members, and one new member, Hitori, is being attacked by a boomrat. Yes. She just goes and eats a meal whilst a boomrat is gnawing her legs. I send Gunnery Sargent Buck to go take him out, and Hitori just sits there on fire. Eating the simple meal. Damn, she must have been hungry....
Gunnery Sargent Buck has been my hunter for days. I made a shooting range for him (FYI no mods, just shooting a steel wall) I have the wall at the end of his range. He hits it every time. I have done this multiple times. No matter what, he always hits it. Game Logic.  :P
A psychic wave swipes over the land.
Your colonist are okay but...
It seems the Squirrels of the region have been driven insane

Barney372

ok the funiest thing that has HAPPENED to me... (user error) is the cave in bug... i dug a big chunk of metal out... my least best miner started the cave in chain... and he does not die (3 points in mining) my best miner (10 points) tries to clear it ONCE and gets flattened

electrichobo

Certainly there are hundreds of stories like Grim. The guy was the first raider to assault my colony, and so he came alone. His leg got blown off in the firefight, and finally a headshot from my shooter left him braindamaged, but alive. After having his vegetables nurtured back to half-health, he was employed as a cleaner. However he had severe brain damage and a peg leg, so he was neither the brightest nor the fastest tool in the shed.

Seriously, i've never seen anything move that slow. A centipede would have outrun Grim easily. Grim needed rescuing regularly: the first time he nearly starved before he reached the food storage. As he finally picked up the food, he got knocked out from hypothermia because he couldn't get out of the freezer fast enough.

Soon after that a fire broke out in the yard while Grim was hauling rock chunks across. The poor bastard couldn't evade the flames and caught fire himself and got knocked out with serious burns. Still it wasn't fatal for him but i had to laugh so hard because the poor bastard was way more work for the rest of my colonists than what he contributed to the colony himself.

He got hypothermia like three-four times after that, in the colony food storage. Later on, when i had ordered some food survival packages to be hauled from the other end of the map, i forgot that Grim was also on hauling duty. So i got an alert for starvation and wondered what the hell, i have plenty of food, and focused on the event to find Grim alone in the middle of nowhere, never going to make it to the survival package nor back to the base alive.

I had to draw a square of food storage on the desert next to Grim and send another colonist to haul some food close to him. Grim survived again, just barely. I've never taken care of any other colonist as much as Grim.

These are the stories that make this game awesome for me personally. Just pure brilliance.

Bargeral

Set a squirrel as target for hunting when my guy had some Incendiary weapon equipped. I LOL so hard I couldn't stop him until half the map was ablaze.

MyNameIsSpyder

I locked everybody but one outside in a frozen environment, leaving them to fight some raiders. Everybody except for the pacifist noble I left inside died from either the raiders or the cold. My noble couldn't do anything, and slowly starved.

Dr. Z

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on January 19, 2015, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: shenzya on January 12, 2015, 09:46:40 AM
Verry good siege.

I know right?

If you still have a savegame from this event, use the claim-tool on the walls, would be hilarious to watch them burn themselves. I think some of them are even carrying rocket launchers...

Quote from: Bargeral on January 22, 2015, 05:01:35 PM
Set a squirrel as target for hunting when my guy had some Incendiary weapon equipped. I LOL so hard I couldn't stop him until half the map was ablaze.

Praise the Squirrel!
Prasie the Squirrel!

OldVamp

I got the message a pirate siege was beginning their attack. I set my colonists in their defending positions, and waited. and waited. and waited.

Finally i look and they have frozen to death.

They must have been a poor group of pirates that could only steal from haberdasheries because all they were wearing were hats. (likely due to a bad mod combination).
3/4 of the party had hat stacks like this.

I just imaging pirates with Kevlar helmets over their naughty bits and fuzzy hats sewn together over the rest hehe.

It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

milon

Wow, froze to death even while wearing a parka!  I hope your guys were okay. 

About the hats, I've seen that when I was only using the IceSheet mod.  I think it was a bug in the core game, and I've seen others post about it too.  (See my Community Colony link for another example.)

Dr. Z

Vanilla bug most likely, I run in that too, think I even posted in this thread, and I only run mods tht tweak or add simple things to the game so I don't think it has to do with mods. Maybe it's just a missing line that pawns can only spawn with one hat or something simple like that.
Prasie the Squirrel!

OldVamp

yeah they were fine in a climate controlled mountain.
It was around -33 f

biggest hat stack:

It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Bodog999

@shenzya what mod are you using for those hair models? They look fantastic

shenzya

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 24, 2015, 02:13:08 PM
@shenzya what mod are you using for those hair models? They look fantastic

-MoreHair
-AnimuHair