More Mechanoids?

Started by Zeta Omega, August 06, 2014, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think should be added as a new mechanoid? (or which is scariest?)

Spider: Fast moving melee unit. (SUGGESTED BY: Garen)
8 (21.6%)
Defender: Heavily armored units that use shields to defend weaker allies.
2 (5.4%)
Siren: Fragile mechanoid unit that stuns/slows anything in range.
5 (13.5%)
Sieger: Slow, heavily armored and armed mechanoid with mortar style ranged attack.
3 (8.1%)
Overseer: Mechanoid with shield and ability to repair downed allies.
7 (18.9%)
Suicider: Fast, hard to hit, explosion radius with possible shrapnel.
3 (8.1%)
A tiered system to mechanoids (Old/broken < New/Advanced)
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Zeta Omega

[/quote] It would be Nice to have a type of Omni purpose mechanoid.

Livingston I Presume

I like personally like the idea of an Overseer type Mechanoid, because in the way of combat the two extremes  are covered

- Fragile but agile sniper assault, Scyther

- No, I took damage yesterday.  Type tank steamroller , Centipede

Unless there were to be a suicide unit or something outside of normal combat doctrine (like the suicide idea) there's not much more combat stuff to add unless you wanted to add varitions of the existing units, or a more standard middle ground Grunt/GI type Mech. (though the idea of Pedes with mortars is scary)  But the Overseer fits the gap nicely.  It doesn't add a direct threat, but bolsters the current one.  And it helps to maintain the image that Mechanoids live in hives and enforces that whole bug thing they have going.  Because it adds the queen bee/ant aspect to their hive.

And they have the potential to look really scary.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Livingston I Presume on October 29, 2015, 05:51:11 PM
I like personally like the idea of an Overseer type Mechanoid, because in the way of combat the two extremes  are covered

- Fragile but agile sniper assault, Scyther

- No, I took damage yesterday.  Type tank steamroller , Centipede

Unless there were to be a suicide unit or something outside of normal combat doctrine (like the suicide idea) there's not much more combat stuff to add unless you wanted to add varitions of the existing units, or a more standard middle ground Grunt/GI type Mech. (though the idea of Pedes with mortars is scary)  But the Overseer fits the gap nicely.  It doesn't add a direct threat, but bolsters the current one.  And it helps to maintain the image that Mechanoids live in hives and enforces that whole bug thing they have going.  Because it adds the queen bee/ant aspect to their hive.

And they have the potential to look really scary.
Ive actually had a new idea recently, A nanite swarm which uses surrounding mechanoids/metal/etc to form a larger or more advanced mehanoid, like a boss

Wex

Oooooooh! Self replicating nanobots. They find metal, they increase in number! With really tiny razors for cutting fleshy beings!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Livingston I Presume

Quote from: Wex on November 02, 2015, 10:46:17 PM
Oooooooh! Self replicating nanobots. They find metal, they increase in number! With really tiny razors for cutting fleshy beings!

Ahahaha hello Stargate.  This is good new Mechanoid type, I do really like the idea of it, as I said the 2 tactical extremes are already covered.  But this would add a unique enemy to the Mech faction that would increase the danger of the other Mechs. 

It would also be a lot of fun to see how long your defenses could hold against a large wave of these little guys.

Wex

Quote from: Livingston I Presume on November 10, 2015, 05:09:48 PM
Quote from: Wex on November 02, 2015, 10:46:17 PM

Ahahaha hello Stargate.  This is good new Mechanoid type, I do really like the idea of it, as I said the 2 tactical extremes are already covered.  But this would add a unique enemy to the Mech faction that would increase the danger of the other Mechs. 

It would also be a lot of fun to see how long your defenses could hold against a large wave of these little guys.
They could cannibalize fallen Mechanoids, they could change turrets into more enemies, and if you build with metal...  :o
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Zeta Omega

The idea of a repairing mechanoid or salvaging one like nanites would be interesting, you would have to focus on them first so they don't strip/resurrect fallen allies

Zeta Omega

HEY EVERYBODY! Its been a while I know but im back. So, what fascinating theories about mechanoids or designs have you come up with?