Is it possible to add some new enemy types?

Started by qilinreal, May 03, 2020, 08:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibbles

Quote from: WhiteDevil on May 05, 2020, 11:22:03 PM

there ought to be more going on than just "idiots turn up with intent to destroy base & end up getting cut down in my killbox"

I've been wanting this in the game for a while now.  Varieties with different intent.  Since I'm not a programmer, I remember trying to do things like spawning mech animal types with fast hunger rate, the issue is that I could not assign metals and stuff their own food type for them to eat lol. One of many I failed to implement. Have things like that mixed up with a mech raid could be a good distraction..

Anyways lots of possibilities that could spice up raids whether it be easier or harder.

Canute

Quotemech animal types with fast hunger rate, the issue is that I could not assign metals and stuff their own food type
Did you try that before or after the alphabeaver event ?
Since alphabeaver eat tree's it should be possible to adapt that behavior for steel.

Jibbles

Quote from: Canute on May 08, 2020, 03:53:04 AM
Did you try that before or after the alphabeaver event ?
Since alphabeaver eat tree's it should be possible to adapt that behavior for steel.

It was after, I remember examining it.  I wanted to create my own food type and put that kind of stuff in it's own category but it wouldn't let me. Back then, I didn't want to risk modded animals or other unexpected things to munch on metals or things like conduits/buildings.  I believed it did work tho, it's just I wanted them to specifically target those items, not things like a tree far from base which is what they'll do if I use existing food types. Just wasn't ideal.

It's been quite awhile. Came across plenty of other hiccups like that.. Things like couldn't get mechs to wear shieldbelts.  Maybe some ideas I had are possible these days (with xml)  Should probably experiment with them if I get enough time.