How to get Royal Ascend quest

Started by chef_seppel, May 04, 2020, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chef_seppel

I have a countess now for quite a while (at least a year) and I am also at +100 goodwill with the empire. I am still getting quests that would give me favor. I also finished a few of them and gave them to pawn that it is already a countess. I also have big enough throneroom and a spare bedroom that should be fine for a stellarch.
I am now finishing quests and give the favor to other pawns to also rank them up. But it is still weird that I don't get the royal ascend quest.
Did I miss something? Do I have to do something else to see the get the quest?

Canute

Hi,
normaly you should got hat quest very early, then you have 2 or 3 years time until the quest expire.
I don't know if the same quest will appear after that again but i think so.
But meanwhile you can try to climb further the title ladder.

chef_seppel

I don't remember getting that quest. Maybe in the very beginning. Is it possible I dismissed it? And if yes, how do I get it back?

Also: how do I climb the title ladder further? Isn't count/countess the maximum?

Canute

Even dismissed quests you should see at the historial tab from quest.
I just saw, the quest "Royal Ascent" don't got a time limit, so it can't expire.
IF you see the quest there, you can undismiss it.

If you can't find it, enable developer mode at the options.
Then at the top icon "Open debug action menu"
Generate quest
Endgame_RoyalAscent

chef_seppel

I just checked and the quest is actually in the history. But it also says: "You completed this quest". I definitely didn't.
Additionally in the description it says, I should invite the stellarch. How do I do this? I tried the comms console but there is no option.
Any hints?

Alenerel

I have this quest for 5 years in the history tab:
https://i.snipboard.io/eFZzEq.jpg

The name of the quest is that one "Royal Ascent" and nothing else. I say this cause maybe you are mixing it with another quest of taking care of royals.

chef_seppel

This is how mine looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/gPIPj09

It looks a lot like yours. It even says it's a way to escape the planet.

Alenerel

Well damn, there is no confusion then... Either its bugged or you completed it and didnt even notice lol. As the other user said, try getting the quest again via dev mode

chef_seppel

I just started the quest with the dev mode and I am 100% sure I never did this quest. So it's probably a bug. Also with the dev mode on I see in the quest end reason is something like unknown (I am not at my gaming pc now)

Maybe is would be a good idea to make this quest (and the spaceship one) un-dismissable?

Thx @ everyone for the help. I can finish my game now :)

Alenerel

Technically you cannot delete this quest or the ship to the stars quest. You can dismiss them but they will always remain in there until you accept them. You can delete any other quest.

wwWraith

Some specific Royalty quests are not appearing when using some storytellers made for older versions of RimWorld, not inherited from BaseStoryteller (I found it with one fork of Rainbeau Flambe Storyteller, though there is another one without this problem). It can be solved either by adding this inheritance (just change its <StorytellerDef> to <StorytellerDef ParentName="BaseStoryteller">) or adding missing elements directly in <comps>. Better contact its author so they could make a proper update.
It's also possible to switch to one of standard storytellers temporarily, and soon you'll receive missing quest(s).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.