[1.1.2618 Royalty] Mental Break and Royal Aid

Started by Jumper, May 04, 2020, 11:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumper

Bit of an odd one. Called in some royal aid to assist with a raid. All good at this point and the raid was defeated.
On of my colonists has a mental break and goes Berserk. Nowhere near the royal trooper squad, as she is in a building with 3 doors and lots of tiles and walls between her and the squad. The squad then moves to attack her even though she has not been hostile toward them.
I can understand the logic of why it has happened but seems very broken.

Thanks
Jumper

Canute

QuoteThe squad then moves to attack her even though she has not been hostile toward them.
Berserk = hostile to everyone.
If you would have visitors or caravan, they would attack too if a berserk pawn comes at line of sight.

Jumper

Thats the point i'm trying to make. This wasn't in line of sight, that would make sense.
It is just they made a beeline for him. If thats by design then no problem, just seems odd.

drunetovich

This is bugging me as well, royal aid feel to be more on threat extermination side instead of defensive force, they will chase enemies across the whole map even the ones that are not posing much danger due to distance. Also they seem to be very slow to react to new dangers appearing.

ison

There are some AI quirks like this, we'll check it, thanks for reporting.