[1.1.2618] No Quests anymore?

Started by Mthwprk, May 05, 2020, 01:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mthwprk

Prior to the update a few weeks ago that added the 'Rewards Selection" thing, the one that lets you choose to accept goodwill or not. Everything was going great.

Now, for some reason. I do not get any random quests. I will get the early Royal Quest, Ship to the Stars, Royal Ascent-- but nothing else.

Ill get raids, and disease, and solar flares and things, but no random caches of items, no fleeing colonists, no hosting royals. Nothing

At first I thought it was a mod thing. But I disabled everything but core, started a new game, played for a few days (real life days), and nothing.

Reinstalled the game, played for a few more days in a new colony, nothing.

While this is not a game breaking bug, I like quests. They gave me rewards. I cant raise in Royal level because they dont offer me anything.

Others ive asked on Reddit have said they too have experienced this. I have no idea what to do to try and fix it though

In game Log Text:
--- Main thread ---
0.0070ms (self: 0.0064 ms) ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()

Canute

Hi,
at first you should look at the logwindow ingame if any error's (red text) show up maybe.
To open the log window you need to enable the developer mode at the option first, then the top left icon.
In that case you should attach the complete to your answer, read the sticky to locate the logfile for your OS.

But quests are random beside these fixed quests which get triggered by time/action.
So theoretical it can happen that you won't have any quest for a longer time and get raid's instead.
Please modify your first posting about the exact version (1.1.2xxx) so when more player encounter such thing the Devs can compare it.

Mthwprk

Thank you

I have edited and have the log window open and running. No red text so far.

The only thing that keeps repeating is:

--- Main thread ---
0.0070ms (self: 0.0064 ms) ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()

I was able to manual spawn quests.

I guess its possible that things are just not randomly generating them. Before though, when I first started playing the game about two months ago I was getting quests in-game daily, TOO many in fact.  Prison Breaks, Downed Pawns, Trade Requests; So many that I was declining most of them because I was too under formed to do them.

It seems odd that they would go from so high to near 0

podmike

Hi,

I've got the same problem and I don't have the royalty dlc. I have been playing the latest version for hours and 0 quests so far......

Thanks

ison

Does it still happen? What's the longest duration you've experienced without any quest?