The Big Patch Notes Topic

Started by Semmy, November 04, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ender

so, that whole "Refactored traveler behavior as a king of squad directive, so you can have traveling groups who stay together." so does this mean people we select at once (multiple people in one selection) will, when given directions to move will stay together?
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Tynan

Quote from: Ender on March 17, 2014, 10:37:09 PM
so, that whole "Refactored traveler behavior as a king of squad directive, so you can have traveling groups who stay together." so does this mean people we select at once (multiple people in one selection) will, when given directions to move will stay together?

No, it's only an AI thing for NPCs.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on March 17, 2014, 10:53:32 PM
I think I get it. It's for when a group of travelers spawn, one of them can be designated as the Leader. He then can have his path calculated and the rest can just follow him.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ender

Quote from: Tynan on March 17, 2014, 10:53:32 PM

Alright cool, that feature WOULD be nice though... HINT HINT ;P

TimMartland

No patch notes for 5 days. Could this mean an impending big addition, or even the release of alpha 3?
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Architect

Quote from: TimMartland on March 22, 2014, 09:51:17 AM
No patch notes for 5 days. Could this mean an impending big addition, or even the release of alpha 3?

Nope, means Tynans at the GDC, sorry XD Alpha release is gonna be sometime in April.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Ender

Quote from: Architect on March 22, 2014, 09:54:43 AM
Quote from: TimMartland on March 22, 2014, 09:51:17 AM

Nope, means Tynans at the GDC, sorry XD Alpha release is gonna be sometime in April.
Ah darn, i was kinda hoping for a big addition to... oh well, hopefully Tynan will come back with good ideas and new things to implement from the GDC!

bigwolf2101

● Ally forces now hang around a reasonable point near your base if there are no enemies

I love this idea that what we do good or bad might com in handy
o and wanted to keep post close to the top also heheh

bigwolf2101

has there been eny updates on the patch notes Sammy or Tynan

TimMartland

If only Tynan had taken the KSP approach in that 'Sometime in April' meant April 1st.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

OpposingForces

Quote from: bigwolf2101 on April 07, 2014, 05:21:21 AM
has there been eny updates on the patch notes Sammy or Tynan

yep, go here:
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

OpposingForces

Oooo..... just looked at the change log. we're close to release of the next version. i'm so excited that if i was a Japanese girl i might squee! lol
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

Ender

Quote from: OpposingForces on April 09, 2014, 06:04:36 PM
Oooo..... just looked at the change log. we're close to release of the next version. i'm so excited that if i was a Japanese girl i might squee! lol
I'm not Japanese, nor a woman, but im gonna do it anyway.
SQUEEEEE!!!!!

FtDLulz

Quote from: Ender on April 09, 2014, 06:39:16 PM
Quote from: OpposingForces on April 09, 2014, 06:04:36 PM
I'm not Japanese, nor a woman, but im gonna do it anyway.
SQUEEEEE!!!!!
SQUEEEEE!!!

Ahem.

bigwolf2101

ok it don't say in patchnotes but did he add a bunch of pawn names that are new?
and take out salt lol