Big raids are killing my fps...

Started by Alenerel, May 05, 2020, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

I finally found a way to defend properly and thus I been able to get to 400k+ wealth... The problem now is not defense but fps. 100 tribal raids are extremely slow... And the mess they leave behind is huge too, to clean afterwards. My pc is an i5 and I only have qol mods.

The main idea is just send better raiders to reduce their numbers. Good melee/shooting dudes with +10 skill, and also good armors (power/cataphract and plate for tribals) and good weapons (good quality greatbows, charge rifles, etc). Ofc this would give a lot of good looting which I dont think is good, so I wouldnt mind the idea of having a 90-95% chance of having a death acidifier. I also think the death acidifier should remove the weapons and maybe the items just to declutter the aftermath of the raid...

You know, I really dont want those 50+ shortbows and 30+ pilas... And even trying to molotov them doesnt work cause then starts to rain.

Also I received a 300 manhunter hares that was a very long raid cause my PC was super slow... In these cases I think its better to ignore small animals and use the points in big animals like bears, elephants, etc, just to not cause this.

Canute

Or after the fight just throw a molotov at these mess, close/forbid the door for a day so no stupid animal run into the fire.
Capture and release the tribal, so you get neutral to them.
Send some gifts to these who naturaly like to become hostile to you from time to time.
So you have only pirates and mechanoids as enemy later.

Alenerel

Quote from: Canute on May 05, 2020, 05:33:26 PM
Or after the fight just throw a molotov at these mess, close/forbid the door for a day so no stupid animal run into the fire.
Send some gifts to these who naturaly like to become hostile to you from time to time.

If you throw a molotov it starts to rain and it extinguishes the fire. I suppose I could roof the killbox...

The savage tribe (the red one) will never be your ally or neutral, like the pirates. Honestly now that I think about it the solution might be to just remove this faction... Altho pirates also have a weak melee rush type of raid where they are like a tribe.

zgrssd

Quote from: Alenerel on May 05, 2020, 11:29:37 PM
Quote from: Canute on May 05, 2020, 05:33:26 PM

If you throw a molotov it starts to rain and it extinguishes the fire. I suppose I could roof the killbox...

The savage tribe (the red one) will never be your ally or neutral, like the pirates. Honestly now that I think about it the solution might be to just remove this faction... Altho pirates also have a weak melee rush type of raid where they are like a tribe.
I am pretty sure they can become neutral. It is just hard as Relations with them decay every season towards the baseline. But they do not decay infinitely fast.

Quote from: Alenerel on May 05, 2020, 05:17:53 PM
I finally found a way to defend properly and thus I been able to get to 400k+ wealth... The problem now is not defense but fps. 100 tribal raids are extremely slow...
Pretty sure those tribal raiders are already as "good as they can be on tribal tech". That is why they have to be so many - their tech is that limited.

Quote from: Alenerel on May 05, 2020, 05:17:53 PMMy pc is an i5 and I only have qol mods.
I tell what I tell everyone else: For games, Multithreading does not work. Most of the work is and has to be done in a single thread. The game loop can not be multithreaded unless it is designed for that from scratch.

Alenerel

Idk why this is even open for debate... Savage tribe will always be hostile. You are mixing it with the fierce tribe:
https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Factions#Savage_tribe
On top of this, there are no relations gain if you release their captured prisoners and you cannot offers gifts to them.

Tribal raiders arent as good as they can be and you can obviously check it when a chief/bersker comes in full plate armor instead of tribal clothes. Most of them use tribal clothes and just a few elites use plate. If all of them used plate armor, good quality, and good quality weapons, their threat level could remain the same while reducing the numbers.

I never said anything about multi threading. My point is an i5 is a average computer, but it cant deal with normal end game stuff. I dont even know how those multi million bases survive in terms of CPU and raids.